Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 52

Author Topic: Bloodyhells - Succession: Battlefailed #5 (42.06)  (Read 133743 times)

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodyhells - Succession: Battlefailed #5 (42.06)
« Reply #390 on: July 07, 2016, 07:57:47 pm »

Eh....with trade and migrants and interesting library it sounds like a pleasant place to live actually. Terrible weather, though.

Considering you need to cross through the Suicidal hills to reach Bloodyhells, my point still stands.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 08, 2016, 08:00:33 am »

Bring an umbrella?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 09, 2016, 01:07:46 am »

And travel with friends. Well armed friends.

Not much news lately, mostly just working out food stockpiles and a second brewery. Booze stocks are up now, plant stocks okay. I learned that visitors turned husk retain their knowledge of traps, as well. A goblin elite crossbowman got husked and wandered all the way to the very last cage trap before being caught. Presumably that was the only one not built when the rumors he had heard got to him.

A third wave of migrants also arrived, as did a second and third forgotten beast. Both the first and second forgotten beasts have died and become zombies. The third, a fire breathing weasel with large mandibles, is still alive in cavern layer three (thus preventing me from recovering the cages full of wild rutherers in the weird spiral stairway thing) it also completely destroyed the antman colony down there.

In other bad news, because of these forgotten beasts rampaging through the caverns, there is now an ever-expanding horde of zombie crundles terrorizing the living. Mostly the living crundles, but there are also cave crocs and giant olms among their ranks.

Niner is the only one of the militia that hasn't become a necromancer. Quite a few of the migrants have, though.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 01:11:55 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 09, 2016, 08:43:51 pm »

*Falls to the floor on his knees* I'm...dead...? NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Redorfplz
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 09, 2016, 10:42:41 pm »

Done.

I also was having trouble actually reading the dorfing list, so I haphazardly slapped every name in bold on a migrant. There are a handful left over.

However, we have more nonsensical problems; some animal hairs and skins have become animated. I sent the militia to clean them up figuring it'd be fine, but no. Neither the militia nor zombified hairs and skins can harm one another. Since they're all necromancers and zombies he battle goes on unending with nobody growing tired.

I guess they're technically picking up valuable experience but there are civilians jumping into the fray now and if the militia is tied up playing with imaginary friends who can I summon to actually defend the fort?

This may be how bloodyhells dies.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 10:46:24 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 09, 2016, 10:52:57 pm »

Threat of unkillable undead hair was discussed in DFMD. Well, there are non-military ways to kill things - but if you got literally everyone incapacitated - shouldn't be case with segregation due citizens who cannot be necro'd - I think waiting for a migrant wave would be necessary.

Or perhaps that doored Rutherer temple to go to when their praying need grows too dire - not sure if dwarves will get away from active combat to pray for their lives.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 09, 2016, 11:53:19 pm »

You can force dwarves to retreat from combat by burrowing them into an area they are not currently in and deactivating their squad.

You'll need to trap the skins in cages and atom smash or incinerate them.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
It was inevitable.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 10, 2016, 04:57:44 am »

Am i redorfd yet?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 10, 2016, 08:34:29 am »

Am i redorfd yet?

I redwarfed you.
It was inevitable.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 10, 2016, 08:56:51 pm »

You can force dwarves to retreat from combat by burrowing them into an area they are not currently in and deactivating their squad.

I've tried reburrowing them, but so far the ones that were burrowed aren't leaving. Niner and Speciesunk0wn are both there, neither of them are necromancers. They keep passing out from exhaustion, but no injuries yet. Only Twinwolf and spish wandered off, they weren't burrowed because I'd hoped they would continue to distract the undead long enough for the mortals to get out of reach, but I'd canceled squad orders a month ago.

Alright, Speciesunk0wn is dead a second time. A troll corpse got in somehow.
Then a bunch of crundle corpses got in there and beat up the unconscious niner to no great effect. I'm suspecting a breach leading to the caverns but I've been unable to find it thus far.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 11:09:19 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 11, 2016, 05:27:58 am »

I've tried reburrowing them, but so far the ones that were burrowed aren't leaving. Niner and Speciesunk0wn are both there, neither of them are necromancers. They keep passing out from exhaustion, but no injuries yet. Only Twinwolf and spish wandered off, they weren't burrowed because I'd hoped they would continue to distract the undead long enough for the mortals to get out of reach, but I'd canceled squad orders a month ago.

Alright, Speciesunk0wn is dead a second time. A troll corpse got in somehow.
Then a bunch of crundle corpses got in there and beat up the unconscious niner to no great effect. I'm suspecting a breach leading to the caverns but I've been unable to find it thus far.

He's quickly becoming the Kenny of Bloodyhells I see.
It was inevitable.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 11, 2016, 02:34:41 pm »

You have to use a civilian alert for it to work.

Apologies for going silent, its been a busy few months.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 02:36:58 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 11, 2016, 09:21:03 pm »

I learned that the hard way, yeah. Everybody but Niner walked away from the undead (niner is unconscious.) but that doesn't put any of the undead hairs and skins in their cages.

I've actually finished with the year now, I'll go ahead and upload the save and think about maybe a proper write-up of my turn.

Here's that save!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 04:38:39 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 12, 2016, 07:19:47 pm »

Uh...how fast did I die? Twice in 4-5 months? XDDDD
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 13, 2016, 01:44:33 am »

It might have been six months, actually. I wasn't taking date stamps and screenshots of events to be honest >_>
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 52