Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Mission: Confused Conquistador  (Read 18122 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Mission: Confused Conquistador
« on: June 13, 2016, 12:34:21 pm »

WELCOME TO NEWBIE THREAD.

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE NEW SIGN UPS FOR UNIVERSE EXPLORING, GO HERE. I WILL NOW BE DIRECTING YOU.

Ren, Aoshi, Ozarck, Zormod, You guys have signed up for going out to Universe F, otherwise known as Loopyverse on the wiki. At this point I'm gonna assume you (AND ANYONE ELSE I FORGOT OR WHO WANTS TO JUMP IN AT THE LAST MOMENT) are in the ship and have been ported in. I believe we've handled your supplies, right? If not, we'll do it now while moving and assume it retconned in.

NOW, you guys, who I want to use this tag on your posts
[RINGBOYZ]

You guys get ported in. Below you is a very earth like planet, that familiar kind of blue, brown and white speckled marble floating in space. Above you is the ring space station which, frankly, has seen better days. It's not the nice smooth ring that various novels or popular video game franchises would make you assume it would be. Large sections of it seem damaged, with an exposed structural skeleton or even a few large holes blown through it by meteors or other roving space objects. As per the sections that remain solid and seemingly functional, they don't have an exposed earth like surface or anything neat like that, they look more like the mostly smooth, occasionally bumpy exterior of most space structures. Nothing stands out as a particularly interesting landmark to investigate. No giant alien stuck in the thing, no big spire, no obvious glowing tesseract or distress signal or alien strip club. The best you can see, at least on this side of the ring, is a thicker, more complete section near the horizon in front of you.

ANYONE ELSE, ANY OTHER NEWBIES, YOU MAY CHOOSE TO GO TO ANOTHER UNIVERSE OR JUST SIT AROUND BEING BRAIN DEAD LIKE HALF OUR NEWBIES END UP ANYWAYS

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Mission: Confused Conquistador
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 12:38:20 pm »

Where should the orgy verse explo team go?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 01:02:00 pm »

[RINGBOYZ]

"We should give a slow flyby around some meteor holes. Maybe we can have better view what's inside and possibly even see frozen alien corpses floating around."

Recommend swlow flyby at those meteor holes first to see if there's anything floating around. Or anything else we can learn from observation alone.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 01:09:54 pm »

[RINGBOYZ]

"Yeah, that works for me. It might let us see some of the interior as well, give us a better idea on what we're dealing with.

Agree with Ao. Slow flyby, approach non-threateningly.  Look for anything interesting floating about. If possible take a peak into the interior of the ring with the shuttles lights, if it has them. Also, while we're up there, look over the planet, looking for any other structures in, on, or around the planet. Scan in all frequencies available and the entire EM spectrum, if possible.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 01:51:19 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 01:40:44 pm »

[RINGBOYZ]

Enable light amplification, look for any signs of light in the ring.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 01:50:24 pm »

Where should the orgy verse explo team go?
COME HERE AND POST WITH TAG [SEXUALVIOLENCE]

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 07:42:44 pm »

[SEXUALVIOLENCE]
THE WAIT FOR XAN AND SPAZ INTENSIFIES

« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 07:51:40 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 04:49:01 am »

[RINGBOYZ]
Dester: If we haven't orbited the planet once, do that before approaching the ring. Then, providing nothing of interest has caught our attention, fly by a few of the gaps to let people get a look in, while heading for the thicker more stable section.

"Hello, folks. I am Dester Gree. I suppose you could call me commander of the extrauniversal exploration effort, though I have never received an official title like that or anything. Well, we were kinda thrust into this responsibility rather quickly and had little time to worry about such things. My skills include medical, systems, and a feel for the exotic. Hopefully, I will be usingthe latter two, and we won't have to worry about the use of the first. So, what brings you guys to this universe?"

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2016, 05:45:51 am »

[RINGBOYZ]
((I'M HERE, I'M HERE, I'VE ALWAYS BEEN HERE))
"No complaints here."
Agreement time!
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 06:47:57 am »

"So, what brings you guys to this universe?"

"Job."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 11:54:01 am »

So, what brings you guys to this universe?"
"I'm here to check out the tech in the ring."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 12:51:05 pm »

Guess Mycroft is [AWAITING ASSIGNMENT] or something?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 12:53:19 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 12:56:35 pm »

Come join us on [SEXUAL VIOLANCE]
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2016, 08:44:20 am »

Can I sign up to be sent to my death in an unexplored universe?
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2016, 01:09:59 pm »

Can I sign up to be sent to my death in an unexplored universe?
Yes. Either choose one of the groups already out, Ie SEXUALVIOLENCE or RINGBOYZ, or choose a universe from here: http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Mission_26#Primary_Colonizable_Universes

And go to it.

SEE ABOVE

RINGBOYZ

[RINGBOYZ]

"We should give a slow flyby around some meteor holes. Maybe we can have better view what's inside and possibly even see frozen alien corpses floating around."

Recommend swlow flyby at those meteor holes first to see if there's anything floating around. Or anything else we can learn from observation alone.

[RINGBOYZ]

"Yeah, that works for me. It might let us see some of the interior as well, give us a better idea on what we're dealing with.

Agree with Ao. Slow flyby, approach non-threateningly.  Look for anything interesting floating about. If possible take a peak into the interior of the ring with the shuttles lights, if it has them. Also, while we're up there, look over the planet, looking for any other structures in, on, or around the planet. Scan in all frequencies available and the entire EM spectrum, if possible.
[RINGBOYZ]

Enable light amplification, look for any signs of light in the ring.
[RINGBOYZ]
Dester: If we haven't orbited the planet once, do that before approaching the ring. Then, providing nothing of interest has caught our attention, fly by a few of the gaps to let people get a look in, while heading for the thicker more stable section.

"Hello, folks. I am Dester Gree. I suppose you could call me commander of the extrauniversal exploration effort, though I have never received an official title like that or anything. Well, we were kinda thrust into this responsibility rather quickly and had little time to worry about such things. My skills include medical, systems, and a feel for the exotic. Hopefully, I will be usingthe latter two, and we won't have to worry about the use of the first. So, what brings you guys to this universe?"

[RINGBOYZ]
((I'M HERE, I'M HERE, I'VE ALWAYS BEEN HERE))
"No complaints here."
Agreement time!

RINGBOYZ first do an orbit of the planet. It's mostly unremarkable but there is one thing on the far side of the planet that catches their attention. It's a crater, visible from orbit. Whatever made it, the impact would have been large enough to wipe out all life on that planet at the time.  It must have been some time ago, however, because the planet is clearly covered in at least plant-like life now. Upon closer inspection and analysis by onboard computers, it appears that the planet is riddled with craters; what look like mountain ranges are in fact the edges of craters and many small seas are heavily eroded craters. This planet has been bombarded with stellar objects god knows how many times, and many look like they hit when the planet was "alive" judging by the water erosion.

Does this bear further investigating or should we move on to the ring?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9