Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: Darkest Garden [IG] Chapter 1 - What lies down yonder? [new 6/28]  (Read 53922 times)

Sanctume

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Garden [IG] [Begin] Curiosity - Escape?
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2016, 11:12:51 am »

I wanted to use digits (fingers) but that dude is like wearing cooking gloves oven mitts.

Tiruin

  • Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Garden [IG] [Begin] Curiosity - Escape?
« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2016, 11:37:35 am »

I wanted to use digits (fingers) but that dude is like wearing cooking gloves oven mitts.
Compared to our hands, I see your point. o_o His hands seem subtly odd.

That said, I think we should pick up the stuff we can quickly stuff in our hidden-backpack rather than carry the cabinet around. I had thought about the cabinet as extra inventory but that was suitably within the context of "peaceful scenarios". :P
Logged

Sanctume

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Garden [IG] [Begin] Curiosity - Escape?
« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2016, 12:22:24 pm »

The metal bin can come in handy used as step stool, (elevator) door stop, or impromptu sled.

WillowLuman

  • Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Garden [IG] [Begin] Curiosity - Escape?
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2016, 07:27:46 pm »

(So just to be clear, you guys want to pick the drawer back up? Or just take the items from it?)
Logged
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Sanctume

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Garden [IG] [Begin] Curiosity - Escape?
« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2016, 12:01:31 am »

I say pick it back up, it might come in handy along with the other items in it.

Tiruin

  • Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Garden [IG] [Begin] Curiosity - Escape?
« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2016, 01:10:05 am »

I say pick it back up, it might come in handy along with the other items in it.
I think we should exercise our running talents while backpedaling, while announcing our peaceful intent. o_o
Turn off the flash, too, first, since I guess the entity doesn't like it being shined on its featureless face.
Also I believe we should express our character's observant skills: "I notice the field around your right arm." or something like that to strike up a conversation.
Logged

Sanctume

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Garden [IG] [Begin] Curiosity - Escape?
« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2016, 08:56:14 am »

Noir should still be curious about this place, and still alive and have not really had a real threat other than maybe the "woescape" on the bottom bin drawer, and the unpleasant probing.  Ok maybe threatening from a certain point of view.

However, it's worth a shot if we can get back outside in the rain where we came from, is that way clear?

Or does the elevator leads to further curious fulfillment?

WillowLuman

  • Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Garden [IG] [Begin] Curiosity - Escape? (Where is everyone?)
« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2016, 04:09:16 pm »

(I'm hoping to get one more in before I have to go camping this week. But where'd everyone go?)

However, it's worth a shot if we can get back outside in the rain where we came from, is that way clear?
It kinda really looks like there's a concrete wall where the doorway used to be. The sound of the rain is muted...

The metal bin can come in handy used as step stool, (elevator) door stop, or impromptu sled.
I say pick it back up, it might come in handy along with the other items in it.
Noir should still be curious about this place, and still alive and have not really had a real threat other than maybe the "woescape" on the bottom bin drawer, and the unpleasant probing.  Ok maybe threatening from a certain point of view.
I believe arm gestures seem better. We would not like to offend what seems to be us being the interloper instead of this being being an interloper towards a seemingly human construction. :P


Say, "I do not understand."  Offer a way to communicate starting with Yes or No gestures.
+1 to this method and words, but I'd really appreciate more voices chiming in here. :P

...Say, doesn't that right arm seem like a blade or something?

After brief consideration, you decide you pick up the drawer again, since that's probably faster than taking things out at the moment...


As you do so, you hear those sounds again. "I don't understand," you say as you stand back up. "Hey, maybe we could use-"



"...gestures? Uh.. nod your head for yes-"



"...move it side to side for no..."



"...do you understand...?"



I say pick it back up, it might come in handy along with the other items in it.
I think we should exercise our running talents while backpedaling, while announcing our peaceful intent. o_o
Turn off the flash, too, first, since I guess the entity doesn't like it being shined on its featureless face.
Also I believe we should express our character's observant skills: "I notice the field around your right arm." or something like that to strike up a conversation.

It's getting a bit too close for your comfort. Trying to reduce any apparent threat you might possess, you switch off the light and step backwards.
You renew your efforts to strike up a conversation "I notice the field around your right arm..."





Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 04:21:13 pm by HugoLuman »
Logged
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

WillowLuman

  • Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Garden [IG] [Begin] Curiosity - Escape?
« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2016, 04:05:27 pm »

(Poking a bit asking for some feedback on the game so far. How's my pace? Am I cutting updates in the wrong places? Interpreting suggestions okay?)
Logged
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Sanctume

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Garden [IG] [Begin] Curiosity - Escape?
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2016, 08:56:56 pm »

I like the pictures, they go well with the ambiance. 
I am kinda lost on the layout, and don't quite remember if the exit/entrance is behind the dude.
I kinda remember we went past an elevator, after the switch, but don't quite remember where the room where the drawer came from.

At this point, the feeling to go "Ahhh" and "run" but the only way is away from the dude, and go back in the room.
Perhaps, iirc, there is a gate area for the generator--was it locked or chained?

Also, images don't load from work, being blocked, so I don't get to read up with pictures until I get home (or view from phone).

WillowLuman

  • Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Garden [IG] [Begin] Curiosity - Escape?
« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2016, 09:18:17 pm »

(Well, there's this gif: http://i.imgur.com/90YqNCr.gif )

(Or, to be gentler on the browser and restrictions, I'll give you this: )

Not quite to scale
Code: [Select]
                     |  Generator] Chain-link gate
                     |Desk       |
                     |           |
                     |___________|  Elevator
Entrance  Switch           Room|_|     |
[_________|____________________|_|_____|
Logged
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Tiruin

  • Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Garden [IG] [Begin] Curiosity - Escape? (Where is everyone?)
« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2016, 10:52:45 pm »

Wow. Those last pictures had me laughing. XD

Ok, so given how the sounds seem repetitive, I can say it's repeating a warning or something that you usually intone so the other entity gets a meaning. We sadly can't understand it! 12 letter word(s?) with 8 different iterations. I do hope it can be translated into English. :P

(Well, there's this gif: http://i.imgur.com/90YqNCr.gif )

(Or, to be gentler on the browser and restrictions, I'll give you this: )

Not quite to scale
Thank yooouuuu

At this point, the feeling to go "Ahhh" and "run" but the only way is away from the dude, and go back in the room.
Perhaps, iirc, there is a gate area for the generator--was it locked or chained?
Let's get back to the place with No escape (woescape can't be the word since it seems the whole sentence is traced and connected, so the most evitable idea under error with reason is "No escape" given the strokes).

I mean we can always push the desk right? ._. After warning our probably paranoid idea of a restraining order if they approach like that while mentioning we can talk this out!

...I do however deeply believe we should get the power on, and find a way deeper in, to get out. :P
((@HugoLuman: You can use the {tt} function to space things equally.
Code: [Select]
[tt]
All the words
    You would like to be spaced equally
Up here!
[/tt]

What does that switch do again? Try it while Flight'ing away to the generator room!

Edit: I also notice that after the first picture, the distance between steps it's taking is the same. Oh my .___. There's also a very subtle and slight size variation between the first four symbols and the last 8. Guessing those mean 2 words but we can scarcely notice. If that's true, the first word ends in the same 2 symbols. I can't form any D: word from it!
Maybe the whole thing is backwards :^
We need more suggestions here. :P
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 11:02:16 pm by Tiruin »
Logged

Sanctume

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Garden [IG] [Begin] Curiosity - Escape? (Where is everyone?)
« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2016, 12:47:18 am »

Ok, "no escape"  then. 

Definitely go back to the generator room, and did we start it yet?
I think we put some of the gas, and still have some gas left in the container.

WillowLuman

  • Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Garden [IG] [Begin] Curiosity - Escape? (Where is everyone?)
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2016, 01:26:39 am »

(Good to know that bit of BBcode!)
(Apologies for brevity, I may be out of time.)

Quote from: Tiruin
What does that switch do again? Try it while Flight'ing away to the generator room!

You start backing up, still with your light off to avoid any aggravation.

◈ Even without being able to see much, your feet are sure and you keep a bit of distance while backpedaling. By the glowing lines floating around its hand, you can tell the figure is advancing towards you at the same pace as it was before.

 ○ You run your hand along the wall as you back up, and after a couple steps, finding the large switch, flip it back and forth with the head of the flashlight. As before, though, all this produces is a flicker from the broken tubes above

Definitely go back to the generator room, and did we start it yet?
I think we put some of the gas, and still have some gas left in the container.

The sound of the generator still hums somewhere in the dark behind you, slightly louder now than the rain. From the amount of gas you poured in a few minutes ago, you figure it should run for a while longer yet.

○ You keep backing further and further up, unable to help but feel apprehensive as you backpedal further into the darkness with that sharp glow following. However, after about ten steps you feel an opening in the wall, and see the faint glow of the desk's monitor bank through it.


Logged
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

somemildmanneredidiot

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Garden [IG] [Begin] Curiosity - Escape? (Where is everyone?)
« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2016, 05:40:27 am »

At this point I say we turn our light on and continue doing what we do. Either this being is going to try to kill us, or it's not. I would have liked to try to use the skeleton hand on the handprint back in the hallway, but we can do that pater probably. In the mean time, we should do a thorough check of the room to make sure we didn't miss anything.
Logged
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16