Cozy
- 10 (23.8%)
A E S T H E T I C
- 6 (14.3%)
Strange
- 17 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 163

Author Topic: Losing Is Fun - The Interactive Comic  (Read 380075 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Losing Is Fun - The Interactive Comic
« Reply #1500 on: October 12, 2019, 12:06:59 pm »

(silently wishes that startrek would cameo how awful early voice-controlled star ships would have been, when the ship's computer totally gets what you said wrong, in just the most horrible way possible.)

Havn't watched Startrek, but this still sounds interesting

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: October 14, 2019, 12:12:32 am »

You materialize back outside the pyramid and exit the structure.

Mathias sees you.

You defiantly say, "I thought you said there was no way off this plane."

He replies, "I said that if there was a way off this plane I would know it..."

"But why haven't you left this place after all these years? Haven't you achieved your goal and killed everyone?" you ask.

"What greater hubris is there than to play god. To hop between planes defies the laws of the universe. It is blasphemy and I will play no active part in it."
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 04:56:31 pm by MadMonkey »
Read Losing is Fun! https://losingisfun.org/

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: October 14, 2019, 12:21:02 am »

I moved all the images from Imgur to my own server, at least for the site and for the thread going forward though I don't think I will update the older images urls on the thread unless Imgur shuts down.

I also added an rss feed. The link is losingisfun.com/feed

On my Instagram story I am taking suggestions for what I should doodle for #octobit. I am also planning to start a dwarf fortress 4 panel comic series on my instagram. https://www.instagram.com/AKAMadMonkey/
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 01:41:10 am by MadMonkey »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: October 14, 2019, 02:18:41 am »

Religious contradiction alert!

If doing that is blasphemy, where is Armok?
Did Armok himself not send US here, at least in spirit form?

Who is this angel to presume the will of a god?  Is that not the very blasphemy he condemns?

(muahahahah)

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: October 14, 2019, 02:44:26 am »

If doing that is blasphemy, where is Armok?
Did Armok himself not send US here, at least in spirit form?

Who is this angel to presume the will of a god?  Is that not the very blasphemy he condemns?"

You say, "Armok left this place and he sent me here."

He replies, "It is different when Armok wills it. I-"

You interject, "Who are you to presume the will of Armok?"

He says, "I survived the bloodshed. I am the peak of the blood hierarchy or would you oppose me?".
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 03:03:33 am by MadMonkey »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: October 14, 2019, 04:01:38 am »

Lets not oppose him as that's a good way to get killed, but we should try to talk about the way out we found.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: October 14, 2019, 07:55:43 am »

I'm thinking this is a point we don't yet want to press. Let's back down a little, find out what Mathias knows about our new planeship... maybe get him to expound a little on his philosophy. Perhaps we can arrive at some sort of understanding.

Apologize. Explain that we were just looking for a good hiding place... we didn't realize what we'd stumbled on until it zapped us into itself!
Ask Mathias what he knows about Clara's original owners.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

1freeman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: October 14, 2019, 08:13:19 am »

I'm thinking this is a point we don't yet want to press. Let's back down a little, find out what Mathias knows about our new planeship... maybe get him to expound a little on his philosophy. Perhaps we can arrive at some sort of understanding.

Apologize. Explain that we were just looking for a good hiding place... we didn't realize what we'd stumbled on until it zapped us into itself!

+1

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: October 14, 2019, 08:32:19 am »

+1
+1

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: October 14, 2019, 01:39:22 pm »

+1
+1

+1.

I'd advise against the first thing we do being a challenge to a 4 billion year old immortal's views on his chosen object of worship. He's probably put more consideration into it than we have. He's at least fully committed at this point.

Anyway, point out that he clearly achieved the task that Armok set him to do long ago. Describe the circumstances that led you, by a coincidence that defies probability, to touch the amulet and end up here. Postulate that Armok sent a single mortal to him, and by a similar sheer coincidence you touched the ship. Perhaps Armok wanted Mathias and Craig to meet, and for Mathias to learn about other things than blood.

Perhaps it's time for Mathias to seek out a new purpose, on his own terms.

We have all this demonstrated skill at oration, let's use it!
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

gcus

• Bay Watcher
  • !!A Strange One!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: October 14, 2019, 03:20:30 pm »

+1
+1

+1.

I'd advise against the first thing we do being a challenge to a 4 billion year old immortal's views on his chosen object of worship. He's probably put more consideration into it than we have. He's at least fully committed at this point.

Anyway, point out that he clearly achieved the task that Armok set him to do long ago. Describe the circumstances that led you, by a coincidence that defies probability, to touch the amulet and end up here. Postulate that Armok sent a single mortal to him, and by a similar sheer coincidence you touched the ship. Perhaps Armok wanted Mathias and Craig to meet, and for Mathias to learn about other things than blood.

+1. YES.
Đis and đis are đe letter eđ. It makes đe hard th sound.Þ and þ are đe letter þorn. It makes đe soft th sound, like þink and moþ.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: October 14, 2019, 03:44:23 pm »

+1
+1

+1.

+1. YES.
+1 I agree.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: October 14, 2019, 04:54:03 pm »

+1
+1

+1.

+1. YES.
+1 I agree.
Interesting narrative... I say we go for it! +1
But be sure to back down if it looks like we're really making Mathias angry with our pontificating.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: October 14, 2019, 05:13:05 pm »

Yeah with the revelation that he is an angel the last thing we need to do is actually fight him.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: October 14, 2019, 05:45:19 pm »

+1
+1

+1.

+1. YES.
+1 I agree.
Interesting narrative... I say we go for it! +1
But be sure to back down if it looks like we're really making Mathias angry with our pontificating.

+1
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 163