Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: BEHOLD! THE FRUIT ENGINE!!! - 3.0 FRUCTOMANCY Update  (Read 33408 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
BEHOLD! THE FRUIT ENGINE!!! - 3.0 FRUCTOMANCY Update
« on: September 20, 2017, 07:06:25 pm »

At the request of another forumite, here is an interaction that turns any creature with GENERAL_POISON into random-ish assorted fruits.

So this started as a silly laser that turned things into fruit, and has now expanded into FRUCTOMANCY, that being wizards that travel the land and turn creatures into various pun-spouting fruits. Next update will be POWER FRUITS, which grant powers when consumed enabling you to become some kind of questionably horrific wizard with a batman-level variety of situational powers. This will also come with additional fruits.

I'm going to be honest here and say that I can't effectively test for worldgen functionality, but that there are no errors and by all rights FRUCTOMANCERS should function exactly as necromancers, learning how to transmogrify living things into fruits and recording their knowledge in books/slabs/etc. The tokens involved are simple according to the wiki.

Deities can also "curse" a mortal with knowledge of fructomancy. It's more of a curse on everyone else, but hey, maybe that was the goal. Who can know the mind of [Shedim, the Deep Oranges of Dancing]?

POSSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- APPLE!
- BANANA?!
- MANGO!
- STRAWBERRY....?
- PINEAPPLE!!!
- SUNBERRY.
- GRAAAAPES!
- ORANGES...!

They will be immobile and helpless. Sadly, I never got around to making them drop the actual associated edible fruit. They just drop leaves. Affected creatures will now drop their proper fruits upon death as of 2.0.

I did have to rip it out of the creature raws it was actually intended for, so let me know if you find missing resources or some other bug, I'm sure I can get it fixed. Everything works. Comes with instructions on how to plug it into a creature. I apologize for the minor spam upon use. Spam is for babies and babies can't use the internet so I removed it.

>>>Click here to download THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0 - FRUCTOMANCY<<<

Spoiler: ***3.0 UPDATES*** (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ***2.0 UPDATES*** (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 02:38:23 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: BEHOLD! THE FRUIT ENGINE!!! - 1.0
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 06:04:19 pm »

Best mod

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 08:35:53 am »

Well that's something.

I don't think I need to download this because I'm sure it does exactly what it says on the tin.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 12:24:36 pm »

It works in my Frankenstein-esque mod testing dwarf fortress build. I am mostly sure that I got all the resources it needs packaged in there in order to work.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 03:29:09 pm »

This is pretty neat! Thanks!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 03:19:44 am »

I'm assuming you tried something like this?
Code: [Select]
[EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT:BY_CATEGORY:FRUIT:FRUITSTUFF]
[EBO_ITEM:PLANT:NONE:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT_MAT:FRUITSTUFF]

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2017, 01:25:07 pm »

I'm assuming you tried something like this?
Code: [Select]
[EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT:BY_CATEGORY:FRUIT:FRUITSTUFF]
[EBO_ITEM:PLANT:NONE:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT_MAT:FRUITSTUFF]

Nah, looking for an itemcorpse thing. I just never got around to making the apple-creature drop actual apples, etc.

They drop leaves, which, since you generally pulp the apple-creature entirely when you kick it across the arena, is also accurate. If you know how to make it drop apples I'd be down to add it and mention you as a credit to the grandiose dream that is !!! THE FRUIT ENGINE !!!.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2017, 03:31:17 am »

I't be surprised if it wouldn't drop apples if you just put them in the ebo like that.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2017, 01:52:19 pm »

It'd be cool if the fruit creatures are auto-killed by the gas (just give max necrosis to everything), since then you wouldn't have to manually kill them for them to drop the actual fruits.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2017, 07:14:54 pm »

If i remember correctly, i could spawn things like sunshine from sunberries before, not their leaves, but the drink. But i cant really remember how, so ill go and tinker around, see what i can find to actually get the actual fruits you have here.
I would also like a Sunberry added to... !!! THE FRUIT ENGINE !!!.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 07:19:55 pm by Jerry The Hellbound »
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2017, 01:19:06 pm »

Wow, I did not expect this level of interest.

Additional !!! FRUIT !!! is on the way for the !!! ENGINE !!!.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2017, 09:06:46 pm »

Mind if I kinda copy the structure of your interaction for summoning things with a single interaction too? Will of course use my own code
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2017, 10:21:58 am »

Mind if I kinda copy the structure of your interaction for summoning things with a single interaction too? Will of course use my own code

Of course, not like I can copyright a technique.

Happy to help.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2017, 02:25:20 pm »

Thanks. And this one works a lot better than individual interactions for each, actually.
I make Spellcrafts!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BEHOLD! THE FRUIT ENGINE!!! - 2.0 UPDATED
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2017, 03:22:10 pm »

Updating !!!THE FRUIT ENGINE!!! to 2.0.

Details in OP shortly.

UPDATE:
Ok so, fruits now drop proper fruits upon death is the best thing. Bunch of other stuff too.

The weights for the fruits are improved but not quite right, as it seems to favor sunberries and apples. I'll figure that out better next time.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 05:52:15 pm by Dunamisdeos »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4