Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Divinity (OOC Thread)  (Read 6982 times)

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Divinity (OOC Thread)
« on: June 19, 2017, 10:30:57 pm »

IC Thread

A few years back, I played a RTD named Mankind. I recently remembered how enjoyable the experience had been, and after speaking to forsaken1111, have decided to run a successor of sorts. I hope to do a minimum of 2 updates a week, though there will often be days where I will be able to do multiple a day. This thread is mostly to see if there is interest, and a game thread will be created for the game itself if there is. Without further ado:

The Basics
In Divinity, five players will assume control over five newly-formed Gods. These beings were created by the combined faith and belief of five separate stone-age tribes, and it is this belief which fuels the omnipotence of the Gods. You as a player will be tasked with guiding your fledgling tribe towards prosperity, or failing along the way.

I have a system in place to cover most foreseeable actions, and to determine their outcomes. Be it 1v1 duels, 1000v1000 wars, or miracles, the math will be covered. All I ask of you is to role play. I want you to describe the actions you wish your god to take, and I will give you the results. You are all newly-formed deities, born simultaneously into the realm in which you now reside. You do not know how you were formed, only that it is in your best interest to insure the survival of the people which brought you into being. The Domains of your gods will be semi-randomly decided for the purpose of keeping the experience as a whole varied and interesting. Other than the deciding of your domains, you will be entirely in control of your God and their tribe. The rituals they hold, the celebrations they have, and the long-standing traditions of the tribe will be yours to decide.

Each turn update is equivalent to a season, with four turns equaling out to one full game year. You, as the tribes deity, will dictate what the tribe does for each season.
During each turn, you may decide to actively manipulate aspects of your tribe via miracles. Miracles can be very simple (showing your tribal leader a vision, for example), or very complex (creating something from nothing). The complexity will determine how draining each miracle is, and once completely drained you will have to wait until the end of the season to recharge. How quickly you recharge is highly dependent on your tribe's actions. A season spent in active celebration will restore more power, but result in less productivity from the tribe as a whole. Turns will be calculated once every player has given a seasonal directive, so if you wish to actively manipulate something, you must do so before giving your tribe a seasonal order.

The Map will be a super hex with landscapes and resources shown via token.
Spoiler: Tokens (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Creation (click to show/hide)

Active Gods
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sentient Bowtie (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dustan Hache (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PaPaj (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rautherdir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sub/Wait List (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 04:17:25 pm by BlastoiseWarlorf »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Divinity (OOC Thread)
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 10:37:52 pm »

Okay, in, with the caveat that I will enter a relatively inactive cycle next week or so as I move to a new location. I can still post via 3DS, hypothetically, but my actions will go down in quality in that time. I'll decide the specifics of my character after I receive my domains, if that's an option.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 11:05:36 pm »

Okay, in, with the caveat that I will enter a relatively inactive cycle next week or so as I move to a new location. I can still post via 3DS, hypothetically, but my actions will go down in quality in that time. I'll decide the specifics of my character after I receive my domains, if that's an option.

A bit of inactivity is fine as long as you can get in for a post or two.

You're free to decide any specifics afterwards aside from Basic God Affinity(3), as it is used to determine your domains.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 11:37:07 pm »

I'll join too.
Black lives matter.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 11:57:51 pm »

I'll join too.

Happy to have you ^^.
I'll roll your domains once you let me know your basic God Affinity

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 12:10:50 am »

Spirituality.
Black lives matter.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 12:19:10 am »

Spirituality.
Primary Domain: Dreams
Secondary Domain: Illusions
Title: The Dreamweaver
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 03:30:22 pm by BlastoiseWarlorf »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 12:34:35 am »

I'll join with an affinity for intelligence.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 12:34:40 am »

nice

I can work with that. Sheet will be done in a little while.
Black lives matter.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 12:38:11 am »

it sounds fun,i might join
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2017, 12:45:12 am »

I'll join with an affinity for intelligence.
Primary Domain: Winter
Secondary Domain: Strategy
Title: Bringer of Frost

Seasonal domains are rather special, and congrats on being lucky enough to roll one. Effectively, all of your miracles will be more effective during the winter, but all in all the bonus isn't as significant as more specific primary domains. For example, a god of storms would be able to create storms more efficiently during the winter than you would, but you'd be more effective all around.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2017, 12:53:52 am »

I'll want to join, Charisma
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2017, 01:03:06 am »

I'll want to join, Charisma
Primary Domain: Trickery
Secondary Domain: Magic
Title: The Nightborn

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2017, 01:25:06 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Could you define the miracle focuses more clearly? Preferably by a example?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2017, 01:29:57 am »

Spoiler: Sweet dreams.~ (click to show/hide)
Black lives matter.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5