Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27

Author Topic: Shadows among the Stars (OOC/Planning/Accepting Character Signups)  (Read 17235 times)

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey everybody. this thread is for planning, discussion, character sign ups and introductions, and answering/asking questions. Let's try to keep the main game thread clutter free so it is easy for all of us to see what is happening.
Main thread is here and the discord link is here.

Spoiler: Turn order (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quartermaster stuff (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Original Post (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 04:27:28 pm by chubby2man »
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shadows among the Stars
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 07:01:51 pm »

H

Looks pretty interesting, and I wouldn't mind being the head honcho running things ^^
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 08:35:34 pm »

Like E and F. Would not mind being a mad scientist, operative or even quarter master. Just so many options.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 08:58:55 pm »

D's probably my favorite here, but I wouldn't be opposed to F either, if nobody else wants to be a B-team of holy space knights.

QM seems like my kinda gig, too -- no promises I won't spend it all on amassing a massive hoard of coke, but I'll try my best to fit in a few kneepads and whatnot.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 09:02:26 pm »

Operative seems great here for me. OR the Guild/Head/Lead/Mission Decider :3
I'll let you pick.

F

Mercenaries can be prior service folks or otherwise--even trained militia with a lost homeland or such. And it's space! :D

Editing to G
G mainly, though with B included. We can hire F if we really need it, maybe even buy one entirely and be both traders and mercenaries.
We're the Shadow Brokers.
Also nice to see you again chubby2man :3 I'm missing the other game but it's understandable if it's on a hiatus. Self-care above all \o/
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 11:14:28 pm by Tiruin »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 10:11:31 pm »

G mainly, though with B included. We can hire F if we really need it, maybe even buy one entirely and be both traders and mercenaries.

EDIT: MAD SCIENTIST HELL YES
(I failed a spot check for "choose a role" the first time I came to the thread...)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 10:35:49 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2017, 11:11:03 pm »

Decided on mad inventor. Rolled for it.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2017, 09:11:32 am »

G seems fun and I wouldn't mind being a quarter master or operative.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2017, 09:24:43 am »

H.
I want to be a mad scientist or quartermaster or whatever role slots are open, if not, I'll just be a redshirt.
it's over

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2017, 09:26:20 am »

I'll support H with C as a second.

As for my role, I'll rank my preferences in a list:
1: Mad Scientist
2: Operative
3: Head Chef
4: Guild Master
5: Quartermaster
It might be a good idea to have everybody do that.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2017, 09:31:44 am »

F for sure.

I'd (really, really, extremely, incredibly much) prefer Mad Scientist (DARN YOU, PREVIOUS REPLIERS!) because my name fits. But if that doesn't happen, I'd also take quartermaster (Specifically, the quartermaster who buys all the weapons). But again, if that's not open...Well....I dunno.

I'll check back later, I guess.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2017, 09:38:48 am »

I have a feeling most of us would like to be mad scientists, I know I would.

I would like to be one of the following (in order of preference)
1. Mad Scientist
2. Quartermaster
3. Operative

As for what kind of group, again order of preference
H
I
F
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2017, 09:58:07 am »

voting for G and I would love to try and garner for that Guild head position, if not I'll decide what I want to be later.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shadows among the Stars (2nd round of votes)
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2017, 10:46:25 am »

2nd round of voting begins! We will try to narrow down the choices here, but it may go to a third round with 2 or 3 options if there is not a conclusive winner. Pick your top two, and pick one you are least interested in for a -1.

Mercenary and Merchant were the top two (not by much though), so that's why they might be a little more fleshed out. Also, while Merchants would start with more money, that shouldn’t be a deciding factor. The playstyle and goals of the various groups are different, and try to go for the ones that best fit you!

A. Mercenary Company! Lot of options available here to customize the particular outfit! We could be large with each Operative commanding a company of soldiers, to a small squad, to being individual. Also, what does the company specialize in? Is it a jack of all trades, or is it specialized in one particular form of combat? This will definitely be the most combat focused of the options, so if you don’t have much patience for discussions and much prefer strategies, tactics, and explosions, this may your best bes9
   A1. General Battle Company: A few hundred strong at the moment, this unit is ready to get down and dirty in combat. The unit itself is mechanized infantry, though it can have specialized subunits (operatives). This option is best if you want to grow into an army of your own.
   A2. Specialized (Recon) Company: Around a 100 strong, this company is hired by those who need a position scouted, an ambush executed, or provide support during an assault.
   A3. Bounty Hunters: This company specializes in hunting down bounties. If large battles don’t interest you, or you are more excited by the chase, then this option may be for you. This group would not have huge amounts of personnel, with an operative and a companion, maybe a small team for hunting dangerous criminals.

B. Merchant Guild! I can think of a fair few options for this one as well! The Guild focus more on backroom deals and more negotiating than anyone else, but we’ll  stay away from “hard” stuff like the price of wool across various planets. Your accountants handle stuff like that! Just remember, while your night firing missiles or lasers, you are still influencing the course of wars and societies.   
   B1: Shadow Broker: You work in the dark, buying information and selling it to the highest bidder. You also deal in contraband, weapons, sometimes people. Your operation isn’t exactly legal, but no one wants to end up on your bad side.
   B2: The Guild branch: The Guild has run back centuries. However, it has stagnated in the face of new merchant families and growing corporations. However, there is a new energy in the Guild these days, and it looks like time to grow.
   B3: The Corporation: The stockholders are God, and you must please their desire for more and more money. Keep the quarterlies high and you will be sitting in the clear. Otherwise you might be left out in the cold.
   Both the Guild and Corporation are similar in that work on trade deals and securing markets, but the Guild would probably be more focused on building deals and long-term goals, while the Corps are looking to make more money whenever possible. Up to you!

C. The Pirates! The scum of the Galaxy! If you have an inner swashbuckler, this option is for you! Unleash crackling carronades of fire into the hulls of your victims and enemies! Though not too many as otherwise you’ll hurt the goods! You’ll plot raids, takeover merchant ships, and escape the authorities! If you want to focus on the blowing stuff up, this is it.
   C1.The Mothership option: The mothership houses all the small ships that actually go do the raiding. It is big and has weapons, but a cruiser could take it out easy. It’s best defense is mobility. Good for a roaming playstyle.
   C2. The Base option: Like the mothership in that operatives will take smaller ships out to do raiding. The base is big and bristling with weapons, but a fleet could take it out. This is more for dominating a system, and then spreading from there.

Letter#: Your idea, if you have your own vision for a group, share it and others will probably think it is cool! Also, if you are set on one of the other options, make a case for it by creating your own set (D: Warrior Clan!).

I’ll try to get the Group option nailed down tonight, and then I can work on the specifics for Operatives, Quartermasters etc. No one is locked in for any positions yet, we will be assigning spots after the Group is finished picking. If you haven't posted your desired positions yet, please do so I can get a mental count going.

Lot of Mad Scientists out there! I depending on how many others join up, we might make 2-3 labs of scientists. There may or may not be a head researcher position for each lab.

Tiruin: Good to be back! Viking: Sea Wolves may still one day return! I just got inspired by this game idea!
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Shadows among the Stars (2nd Round of Votes)
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2017, 10:50:58 am »

1. C2
2. A1
you sunk my battleship
My -1 vote goes to B3
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27