Home Fleet
- 2 (28.6%)
Rage Across The Heavens:
- 4 (57.1%)
Ruin Scape:
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Author Topic: Orbiter: The End  (Read 14679 times)

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Orbiter: The End
« on: April 25, 2018, 05:28:50 pm »

Well I did it. Made all four threads.

Since Generation no longer needed replaced it with this. The links to the threads.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=170468.0

^ Glasses tribe

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=170469.0

^ Leodandy

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=170470.0

^ Crazyabes tribe

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=170472.0

^ Madman’s thread. Well hope it picks up. Got situations in mind.

Well due to popular demand. The OP will discuss stats and things.

Clan stats.

Combat: At 1-4 Get a negative modifier on Combat. 5-8 Get no modifier at all. And from there every four levels is a plus. 9-12 is +1. 13-16 is + 2 And 17-20 is + 3 in Combat. Attacking, defending, how wired your readiness and reaction time is.

Tech: How well you work with complex ancestor tech in events. It also affects how complex your inventions in Arms Race can be. Because if your day level four and try making a teleported, well get minus modifier to it. Where at 20 Get a plus modifier to over ride complexity.

Explore: How fast your people move through wilderness and how likely not to be detected. Though sensors, scanners and stuff can null it. Also cuts travel time down, as in going through environments take less day travel. And finally modifies how likely your explorers survive in the wild should they sleep out in the wild.

Search: Dicates how likely to find and how useful it is. More points in, better results.

Craft: This is super important as it decides how well you craft home made items and the resource price of said item. Higher means only the minimal is needed.

Engineering: How likely building things base wise will work.

Farm: Okay this one is simple. Each level of this is represent with two zeros at end of stat. 1 is 100 food Units (plant) while 20 is in reality 2,000.

Tame: Like farm but animal food And decides to tame wild animals and bring them to fold. Also animal resources (meat, hide, chitin, and bone) And If one started in higher level got exotic critters at start (Beast Lords/Nonads are proof.)

Medical: The more points spent in this. More likely your people will survive injuries, poison, disease and chance of recovering fast. So less chance of cripple/retirement.

As for treasures. I am making the list treasures no one has or is npc controlled.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Generation Rules:

Every twenty turns a generation passes. Each generation, leader characters get older and officers and more people show up in clans. Thinking current time limit is 120 or 6 generations. There are ways to extend time limit.

Also this is a different SG because here it affects growth of colony/tribe in stats and situation.

Book of Law: Basically allows or disbands new ideas.

Arms Race: Three rolls. 1/6 each.

Three catergories are actual realization of project. ( 1 means it never leaves resting, let alone usable. While 6 is mastery.)

Next is “price” or how easy to make.

1 means only one tops. 6 means whole base can have it with time.

Last is bugs/Bonus. At 1 bs fudge up system with a draw back. 3-4 means no bug but no boob. 5-6 means boom or a bonus feature that makes it even more useful.

To follow: Item list. Which is below. Will do stats of them latter.

Last thing to do is Resources. Looking them up again as I got it on this thread.

And I know I keep throwing the term tactics. So here we go with that.

Another note: Officers.

Their roll: Extend 3 commands a turn up to 7. ( need two for that. As max a person can do is three.) and the rest?  Plus modifiers in tribe actions.

Say have a warrior officer that leads troop, they get modifier.

Doctor officer? Less people dying.

Scholar? More likely to use the old tech.

And so forth.

If/when a leader dies a officer replaces them. If there is no chain of command, redo leader picks as one of the tribe takes over.  As generations go by, people will die/be hindered due to old age. ( so unless invested in some things. People will die.) Though each generation turn (set at twenty) well. A bunch of villagers/tribals added into ranks anyway.

Last and final, the hidden stat revealed. Hope.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 10:19:26 am by Tyrant Leviathan »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Orbiter: Tribes in Space
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 05:38:17 pm »

Reserving a spot, gimme a moment.

EDIT: For anyone who's interested in this group but isn't sure about the starting treasure I picked: neither am I. I am willing to take other suggestions.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 07:47:55 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 06:05:23 pm »

Reserving a spot, gimme a moment.
+1
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 07:02:30 pm »

Reserving a spot
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 07:28:34 pm »

Glass that was awesome. Just going to wait if anyone else wants to make. If more votes for the Coaltiin. Will jump start it tonight at midnight otherwise I’m morning if no new/different tribes.

And once again, excellent kudos to you.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 07:34:04 pm »

Wait, is this a multiplayer game or just a suggestion game?
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2018, 07:36:40 pm »

Wait, is this a multiplayer game or just a suggestion game?
I'm not entirely clear. I thought multiplayer.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2018, 07:37:50 pm »

It’s a suggestion game with Arms race aspects. There are seven npc tribes out there.

You the players are to deal with them, the hunt for resources and get one of five endings.

Edit: We could make a vote on it in which it is multiplayer. Eight sixes, seven openings

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2018, 07:40:27 pm »

I think I'd like a version where we've got a 2 player-run teams and 2 NPC-run teams. That could be interesting.

Certainly opens up some options that normal Arms Races don't have, while still allowing for SG and competitive elements.

EDIT: The 8-team version of player-run teams, while interesting, seems like it would get messy to run, and it'd only be 1 player per team most likely. Having 4 might be a better idea in that route - they could all have legitimate teams of players, and you would have to do less accounting.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 07:44:25 pm by Glass »

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2018, 07:47:31 pm »

Ol. Two human teams like in a Arms race. Two player controlled. And the two npc teams.

Yeah four would be messy. Each team gets one of the exclusive base treasures ( like Info Web.)

Due to being four overall teams and eight of them. That means the four not in Used are for the picking.

It is a Arms race game with random events to make morality questions.

Just thought would be interesting.

As for what everyone starts with:

Aside leader gear, everyone has big knives, now and arrows. Hide armor, and supplies.

Enough meat to serve for three turns before running out, same with other found.

10 Of lumber, plant fibers, and bones.

Fifty batteries and ammo cases.

More useful stuff? Gotta go looking.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2018, 07:50:58 pm »

Forge Smith: Bonus in Engineering and Crafting. Making stuff up and keeping it maintained. Helps in Invention process in Arms Race mode +2 to one aspect pre gear made.
Does this mean we can have slightly better starting gear, or is that for when we invent/make stuff?

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2018, 07:51:48 pm »

I'll make a sheet sooner or later. Give me time, worst case scenario I'll do it sometime tomorrow when I get the chance. Nevermind, ignore me, I'll just watch, I'll be too busy tomorrow to make anything.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 08:47:01 pm by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2018, 08:01:03 pm »

Forge Smith means in Arms Race phase. With, does it work? Price? Bugs? Whatever of three numbers you want altered, add a one, just one one to something of the three. It is strong that way as it’s inventing.

But

Not all things to improve are gear. Like fighting tactics, doctrines and training methods. Does not work there.

Basically your capable of making a better gun, just still need to work with handling it.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2018, 08:03:35 pm »

Ok. Just, the wording wasn't 100% clear and it sounded like maybe it would apply to starting equipment. But yeah, thanks, that helped clear stuff up.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2018, 08:08:26 pm »

I try. My thought process is chaotic, makes for bad wording at times. But always willing to answer any concern.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18