Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [DFhack] Atkana's Scripts - New: Cannibalism fixes  (Read 29790 times)

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile

This script has just been sitting around while I was waiting for one of the utilities I made that it requires to be added into DFhack. Since that's been taking a while, I've decided to just go ahead and release it and that utility for anyone to use, otherwise it'll just be gathering dust for who knows how long. It's been ages since I've actually used it, but I assume it still works! :p

passive-training lets you select skills to passively train over time as you play in adventure mode, and its required utility script-data helps scripts store any important data with the world whenever the game is saved.

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
Re: [DFhack] Atkana's Scripts - New: Cannibalism fixes
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2022, 07:45:00 am »

Update for a minor new addition: auto-cannibalism, which should work as an okay workaround until all the sapient-eating bugs are fixed.

Jack_Caboose

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2022, 11:57:59 am »

How do the Modest Mod-esque leather changes work? Does it just include the extra yield + scale tanning, or does it also include the name changes? E.g. if I install the script, will things still be called "cow leather waterskin" or will it just be "waterskin", like in the Modest Mod? I've always liked how vanilla tracks which creature things are made of, but getting the extra changes would be nice.

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2022, 01:22:47 am »

How do the Modest Mod-esque leather changes work? Does it just include the extra yield + scale tanning, or does it also include the name changes? E.g. if I install the script, will things still be called "cow leather waterskin" or will it just be "waterskin", like in the Modest Mod? I've always liked how vanilla tracks which creature things are made of, but getting the extra changes would be nice.
If I'm remembering it correctly, this doesn't actually replace the creature materials with standardised ones, so yes, the individual animal stuff will still be tracked. In fact, I remember this is the case because of the unavoidable bug (Dwarf Fortress bug, not a bug with the script necessarily) where the game will sometimes combine the leathers of different animals while crafting (it ends up being made of the first material added to the reaction from what I remember, in case anybody's curious).

Lawaern

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2023, 02:34:35 am »

Sorry to  bother, but would Auto-Cannibalism work in the Steam version? I keep getting "Auto-cannibalism is not a recognized command" errors, and I can't tell if I'm just doing everything wrong or if the the script isn't recognizable by the new DFHack.

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2023, 04:05:02 am »

Sorry to  bother, but would Auto-Cannibalism work in the Steam version? I keep getting "Auto-cannibalism is not a recognized command" errors, and I can't tell if I'm just doing everything wrong or if the the script isn't recognizable by the new DFHack.
It (and all my other scripts) likely need some amount of translating to work in post steam release versions. Unfortunately I've not really had any interest in DF modding since then to update any of my things. It may be simple enough that someone experienced would be able to tell you the edits that need to be made, though.

Lawaern

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2023, 05:18:42 am »

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the reply, I might look into updating the script if I can find the time and motivation later.
Pages: 1 2 [3]