Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [47.04] Fallout Creatures Mod  (Read 10369 times)

Jack_Caboose

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
[47.04] Fallout Creatures Mod
« on: August 14, 2019, 02:30:48 pm »

Fallout Creatures DF

I noticed most Fallout mods were outdated and didn't work with the current DF, so here's my take. Currently adds several creatures from the Fallout games to Dwarf Fortress.
Currently has:

-Deathclaws (all variations, including hairy deathclaws from FO:Tactics and Glowing deathclaws from FO4)
-"X"lurks (all variations, including "capital" mirelurks from FO3, "commonwealth" mirelurks from FO4, as well as swamplurks and lakelurks from Point Lookout and FO:NV)
-Bloatflies (plus Glowing bloatflies from FO4)
-Gulpers (from Far Harbour)
-Wanamingos (from FO2)
-Zetans/Mothership Zeta creatures (optional "wild wasteland" add-on)
-Centaurs (all variations, including FO1/2 two-headed, FO3/NV one-headed and FO4's four-headed (only appears in concept art)
-Mole rats and pig rats
-Cazadores
-Yao Guais
-Spore plants/carriers
-Super Mutants
-Brahmin
-Radbugs

-Brahmiluff (FO4 Nuka-World)
-Tunnelers (FO:NV Lonesome Road)
-Ghouls (intelligent and feral)
-Robots (currently protectrons, eyebots, Mr. Handies and Mr. Gutsies)
-Certain plants and chems (made by 'brewing' the plants)
-Weapons (currently unused by civs, but they may be added in future versions. currently in the mod to support robot creatures dropping energy cells upon butchering.)

New in this version:
-More plants/chems
-Radstags
-Scorched/Scorchbeasts
-Trogs
-Anglers
-Geckos
-Floaters
(FO1/2 floater and elemental floaters from 76)

Where possible, creatures have been given their abilities from Fallout, such as bloatflies being able to shoot larvae and lakelurks/mirelurk kings having the "sonic" attack. Radiation poisoning is in too, giving nausea and blisters (not too punishing as there are few ways to avoid it or cure it currently). Glowing creatures periodically release bursts of radiation to simulate them being irradiated. For the purposes of the mod, "irradiated" areas are roughly analogous to "evil" areas in DF, so if you embark in an evil biome (or enter one as an adventurer) you will be able to find these glowing variants - otherwise, you will only find regular versions.

Next version is planned to have:

-More chems/plants
-Other creatures

Made with DF 0.44.12 but should theoretically work with anything above 0.42. Below that, I can't be sure, but it'll probably be fine (don't quote me on that). I used masterwork when creating the mod, but I've purposefully avoided using any materials/tissues etc from MDF to make it compatible with non-modded games. This does mean the mod will be compatible with MDF, though.

Currently in beta (as you can tell by the file version) so things are subject to change - particularly deathclaw strength, as they are currently quite weak compared to their strength in the games.

Please give any and all feedback, although I've been playing DF and making minor modifications for myself for many years, this is my first public released mod, and the first where I've made things from scratch. Any help is greatly appreciated, particularly with balancing.

If you use Miscellaneous Game Creatures (my other mod) use whichever duplicate file is newest (or largest)

Download: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14512
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 09:22:44 pm by Jack_Caboose »

Jack_Caboose

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Creatures Mod
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 02:42:10 pm »

reserved

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 06:49:50 pm »

Great mod! Will a new fallout mod be made soon?

Jack_Caboose

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 07:22:58 pm »

Great mod! Will a new fallout mod be made soon?

Not sure if anyone else is making one, but if I get all the creatures done, I may move onto other stuff - I'm not usually a complete-overhaul kind of person, though. I guess we'll see.

Jack_Caboose

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2019, 12:44:10 am »

Updated to v0.5:

New in this version:
-Zetans/Mothership Zeta creatures (optional "wild wasteland" add-on)
-Centaurs (all variations, including FO1/2 two-headed, FO3/NV one-headed and FO4's four-headed (only appears in concept art)
-Mole rats and pig rats
-Brahmin

Also fixed a few minor bugs with the deathclaws relating to scale colour.

Next version is planned to have:
-Brahmiluff (FO4 Nuka-World)
-Tunnelers (FO:NV Lonesome Road)
-Other, yet to be decided creatures

Gigabytebob

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief! Protect the hoard from skulking filth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2019, 01:18:24 am »

are you going to add the sentient creatures as well like ghouls, super mutants, intelligent deathclaws and ect
adamantine, the only material that can be honed to an edge so fine it can cut light, cleave steel like butter, and sever heads with the enthusiasm of a deranged bloodthirsty child.

Turn those goblinoid uglybolds into adorable cutebolds

Jack_Caboose

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2019, 02:17:27 am »

are you going to add the sentient creatures as well like ghouls, super mutants, intelligent deathclaws and ect

Intelligent deathclaws are in already, and I will add other sentient creatures - but without corresponding civilizations. Once I have all the creatures, I may think about adding civilisations for sentients. Next update I'll probably add some stuff to intelligent deathclaws, maybe make them playable in Adventure mode and make them become roaming monsterslayers in worldgen.

Abyssmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Goblin
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Fallout Creatures Mod
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2019, 10:58:44 pm »

I honestly can't wait to see how much further this mod progresses in the future, I've always been a fan of the Fallout series.
I remember a while back I made a Scorchbeast creature from Fallout 76 but I never really did anything with it. Speaking of that, do you plan on adding in creatures from 76 or just the ones from the mainline games?
All tunnels lead to Skavenblight

My mods

Jack_Caboose

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2019, 01:26:41 am »

I honestly can't wait to see how much further this mod progresses in the future, I've always been a fan of the Fallout series.

Thank you!

I remember a while back I made a Scorchbeast creature from Fallout 76 but I never really did anything with it. Speaking of that, do you plan on adding in creatures from 76 or just the ones from the mainline games?

I'll get to them eventually, but I haven't played (and don't really plan on playing) 76, so the balancing might be a little bit off. With the other creatures, because I've played the games, I can kind of intuit how hard they should be - for example, I know deathclaws should be less of a pushover than they currently are in the mod, but I have most creatures feeling about right - for example, in the new update, I've toughened up wanamingos to better reflect their insane damage resistance in FO2 (keeping their legs as weak spots).

Jack_Caboose

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2019, 01:37:50 am »

Updated to 0.6:

Along with the tunnelers and brahmiluff, intelligent and feral ghouls have been added (and radbugs, but that was just because they were relatively easy to add). No civs for them yet, until 1.0.

Also, I've added several plants from a few of the games, and they can be brewed into chems according to their recipes in New Vegas/4 - for example, hubflowers are the active ingredient in Psycho, so you can grow and brew them into Psycho, which increases strength (with a chance of suffering addiction, which is just nausea for now). I've also added barrel cactus fruit, which can be used in New Vegas to homebrew Nuka-Cola - so you can now slake your dwarves' thirst with it.

Next update I'll probably add a few robots as an optional add-on, since they don't fit as well as the regular creatures do into DF's fantasy world (giant lizards fit in reasonably well).

Jack_Caboose

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2019, 06:39:31 pm »

New update; adds some more plants/chems, a few minor bugfixes and the first robots - protectrons, eyebots and Mr. Handies/Gutsies. Also included are some weapons, currently unmakeable (except they might be created as artifacts), this is just to allow robots to drop energy cells when the release with civs includes the Brotherhood/Enclave etc. that use energy weapons.

Jack_Caboose

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2019, 12:11:01 am »

Updated to 0.7

New in this version:
-More plants/chems
-Cazadores
-Yao Guais
-Spore plants/carriers
-Super Mutants

Super Mutants are the first civ in the mod, similar to a mixture of kobolds and goblins.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2019, 01:02:33 am »

Any plans to add creatures from Fallout 76, like the Mothman or Batdragon thing? Mostly asking since 76 is taking place 25 years after the nukes hit, so all of its creatures are early/heavily mutated versions of other fallout creatures.
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

@me on Discord: Multi#0897

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2019, 01:46:32 am »

Nice! I love Fallout. Think you could also do Floaters? 1/2 Floaters I mean. Just a recommendation. Poor floaters have been so mistreated since the Bethesda era. Perhaps Lamprey floaters too if you like cut content.
My mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0
The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.
Pages: [1] 2