Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What's going on in your LCS?  (Read 42143 times)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What's going on in your LCS?
« on: August 25, 2017, 06:34:44 pm »

I've noticed there's no thread like this like there is in the upper forums. Basically, just post what's been happening recently in your LCS games.

I'll start. I'm a newbie, just started playing LCS a few days ago. I failed spectacularly due to stupid mistakes in my first few games (got my founder killed because I sent him to raid the crack house, accidentally bailed out of a car while trying to escape police, got my fighting squad accosted by police because I set them to do legal fundraising, etc.) I haven't died yet in my new game, though. I currently have a lot of sleeper judges, a pro hacking team, a decent fighting squad, and two heavily-upgraded and heavily-stocked safehouses. I've just started experimenting with seduction; I have a couple love-slaves already in my employ.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your LCS?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 10:02:33 pm »

My Liberal Crime Squad has gone full-on Symbionese Liberation Army minus the incompetence and failure. In fact, they're even worse than the SLA could ever hope to be. Every day several squads of well-trained LCS members with M4 Carbines and/or AR-15's with Army Armor go on killing sprees across the nation, slaughtering hundreds of Conservatives with each raid. The CCS has been destroyed, with several of their surviving members having been datenapped and brainwashed into being sleeper agents. In fact, seemingly most of the country has been kidnapped and turned into a sleeper. Cops, radio hosts, CEOs, scientists, Judges, and even Presidents have been turned into sleepers.

The country is powerless to stop the LCS, cops included. The LCS regularly gets sieged by SWAT and/or National Guard despite the Police Station being shut down (you can thank Kamal-Sadek for making the police siege you even if the station is shut down in newer versions of LCS), but the LCS safehouses are fully upgraded with a shitton of rations. Mass-murder is profitable in LCS, especially when you sell the surplus guns and ammo lying around after each raid. Bombers are the only hope of hurting the LCS, but the anti-aircraft cannons usually shoot em down. All this horrific political violence only serves to make the country love liberalism even more, because logic.

The complete liberalization of the US is inevitable in my playthrough of LCS. The LCS itself is a massive deathsquad (oh, the irony! And to make it even more ironic, they even started the game FIGHTING the Death Squads in the first place because I was in Nightmare Mode!) roaming the country, making everyone else liberal by massacring those who aren't. On occasions where the LCS feels merciful, conservatives are seduced, kidnapped on a date, and brainwashed through the power of a good old-fashioned "Good Cop, Bad Cop" routine. Several Libs beat the prisoner until he breaks, then a psychologist steps in and acts like a good cop, quickly enlightening the hostage.

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 03:57:03 pm »

I got the game less than a week ago; righy now, my founder is stuck in le slammer for 16 more months, and my only other members just solicit doantions. My founder is also a master hacker, and one of my surviving members is a master thief (that I found as a musician, oddly enough.)
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 08:12:54 pm »

My Liberal Crime Squad has gone full-on Symbionese Liberation Army minus the incompetence and failure. In fact, they're even worse than the SLA could ever hope to be. Every day several squads of well-trained LCS members with M4 Carbines and/or AR-15's with Army Armor go on killing sprees across the nation, slaughtering hundreds of Conservatives with each raid. The CCS has been destroyed, with several of their surviving members having been datenapped and brainwashed into being sleeper agents. In fact, seemingly most of the country has been kidnapped and turned into a sleeper. Cops, radio hosts, CEOs, scientists, Judges, and even Presidents have been turned into sleepers.

The country is powerless to stop the LCS, cops included. The LCS regularly gets sieged by SWAT and/or National Guard despite the Police Station being shut down (you can thank Kamal-Sadek for making the police siege you even if the station is shut down in newer versions of LCS), but the LCS safehouses are fully upgraded with a shitton of rations. Mass-murder is profitable in LCS, especially when you sell the surplus guns and ammo lying around after each raid. Bombers are the only hope of hurting the LCS, but the anti-aircraft cannons usually shoot em down. All this horrific political violence only serves to make the country love liberalism even more, because logic.

The complete liberalization of the US is inevitable in my playthrough of LCS. The LCS itself is a massive deathsquad (oh, the irony! And to make it even more ironic, they even started the game FIGHTING the Death Squads in the first place because I was in Nightmare Mode!) roaming the country, making everyone else liberal by massacring those who aren't. On occasions where the LCS feels merciful, conservatives are seduced, kidnapped on a date, and brainwashed through the power of a good old-fashioned "Good Cop, Bad Cop" routine. Several Libs beat the prisoner until he breaks, then a psychologist steps in and acts like a good cop, quickly enlightening the hostage.

It has occurred to me for there to be an option for a sufficiently desperate Conservative party to deciding that nuclear armageddon is preferable to letting the LCS win - but haven't yet implemented it.  ;)

Edit: have you taken out the NEC yet?

Edit to edit: I guess you can't have, since taking out the NEC ends the game. Have you exposed the NEC yet?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 08:28:14 pm by SlatersQuest »

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 01:02:31 pm »

It has occurred to me for there to be an option for a sufficiently desperate Conservative party to deciding that nuclear armageddon is preferable to letting the LCS win - but haven't yet implemented it.  ;)

Edit: have you taken out the NEC yet?

Edit to edit: I guess you can't have, since taking out the NEC ends the game. Have you exposed the NEC yet?

This is on my non-Terra vitae playthrough. On my actual playthrough of Terra Vitae, things are significantly more peaceful, with the LCS only murdering Conservatives occasionally and trying to survive without shooting up the police station, since violence is really, really overpowered. That, and my LCS isn't strong enough for that anyways. Also, on my actual TV playthrough I've never even encountered the NEC yet. Maybe one day, I will.

It also might interest you to discover that there is a commented out ENDGAME state in the code for LCS called "ENDGAME_MARTIALAW", if I recall correctly. Perhaps you might be able to implement that sometime in the future?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 01:44:08 pm by Taberone »

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 07:21:42 pm »

This is on my non-Terra vitae playthrough. On my actual playthrough of Terra Vitae, things are significantly more peaceful, with the LCS only murdering Conservatives occasionally and trying to survive without shooting up the police station, since violence is really, really overpowered. That, and my LCS isn't strong enough for that anyways. Also, on my actual TV playthrough I've never even encountered the NEC yet. Maybe one day, I will.

The only way to encounter the NEC directly is while on secret missions. The NEC is, however, responsible for the supervillains and their evil plans, the corruption of the legislature and supreme court, and any movies that get triggered by not doing a secret mission.

It also might interest you to discover that there is a commented out ENDGAME state in the code for LCS called "ENDGAME_MARTIALAW", if I recall correctly. Perhaps you might be able to implement that sometime in the future?

The original idea IIRC was that the (politically moderate) military would get fed up with the LCS and CCS and impose a state of martial law. I am not sure what the plan for this was supposed to be as far as gameplay would be concerned, which is why it's still on the cutting room floor. Kinda like the SCS, there wasn't a good way to handle it without it being basically just another CCS.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 09:50:57 pm »

My founded is being put on trial for... "grand theft auto."

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 08:10:56 am »

My founded is being put on trial for... "grand theft auto."

Grand theft auto is a real crime (namely, stealing an automobile). The game series took its name from the crime.

digitCruncher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2017, 03:16:11 pm »

Playing Terra Vitae.

Arch-Conservative Death Penalty laws are no joke. One of my characters was caught tagging, took a shotgun in the chest for her trouble (with gun control at Conservative, all my troublemakers and 'street artists' have body armour as standard), and was dragged in front of the court for ONE COUNT OF VANDALISM. The moderate (!) judge sentenced her to death. Free speech is even moderate at the moment!

Now... do I leave her as a martyr for the cause, or do I send my green(ish) soldiers to attempt to break her out of the prison. I will probably at least try to break her out, because she doesn't deserve death...

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2017, 08:06:39 pm »

I am now tempted to download the game and try not to make everything worse somehow, most things being 90% worse seems like an acceptable stretch goal though.

Also, I am completely new to this part of the community, so who is Kamal-Sadek?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2017, 10:44:25 pm »

I am now tempted to download the game and try not to make everything worse somehow, most things being 90% worse seems like an acceptable stretch goal though.

Welcome, stranger. What brings you to these barren lands?
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2017, 02:22:33 pm »

Yes, welcome :)

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2017, 04:24:30 pm »

Basically Kamal-Sadek is the person with the most experience programming LCS who has most recently stopped showing up.  Much as Fox before them.  And Tarn before him.
Distributed 4.10, which adds Augmentations.

Anyhoo, welcome to the community.
LCS 4.12 Thread
https://discord.gg/HYbss8eswM
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2017, 04:58:57 pm »

Now that I know where all of the modifiable text files are, I have been messing around with those. Nothing toooooo much, just the founder questions. I also figured out that all of your character stats are unsigned integers somewhere: adding too much will either crash or have one of your stats be at a really high negative number.

Is -275099087 strength really that worrying?
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2017, 05:57:51 pm »

Now that I know where all of the modifiable text files are, I have been messing around with those. Nothing toooooo much, just the founder questions. I also figured out that all of your character stats are unsigned integers somewhere: adding too much will either crash or have one of your stats be at a really high negative number.

Is -275099087 strength really that worrying?
If you're getting negative numbers that means that it's in fact being stored as a signed integer, not an unsigned one.
Pages: [1] 2