Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 217289 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars
« Reply #225 on: October 03, 2017, 05:42:15 pm »

Abu nonchalantly drops the sword he looted before, knowing it'd probably suit their new recruit better than braining the reds with a gun would.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 03, 2017, 05:45:20 pm »

"Abu Hajaar! What have I told you about leaving weapons lying around when Charlie is about?"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 03, 2017, 05:52:00 pm »

"Well uh, I, ah,  you see sarge...

OOH LOOK COMMIES IN THAT TOWER OVER THERE! And they insulted your gardening! Called your carrots bourgeoisie shit! Not good enough to wait in line for!"

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 03, 2017, 08:52:06 pm »

To each their own, I guess, Sergeant Gardener.

To Abu, he added aside:
A fine knife; you have my thanks.

To victory!

Take the inconspicuously offered knife, enchant it with single "Clockwork".

Begin to run around the far eastern side of the fence or whatever it is that structure to the north of the nearest wagon; the idea is to eventually sneak up upon that remote guard from behind (east). A multi-turn action plan, I know.

Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 04, 2017, 04:44:44 am »

"Uuh, Sarge, can I have that spare mag you just unloaded? I'm, uhh, running a lil' low."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 04, 2017, 05:51:29 am »

"Ey, you slaves!  The hell're y'all even doing, doncha know a rebellion when ya see one?!  This is yer chance to get on the good side of the new rulers 'round 'ere!"

Yell at the slaves to mobilize, while continuing to run towards Raven.  Say "Cloud" once near enough to her that she'd get cover, or just when the turn ends if Corven can't make it all the way to her.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 04, 2017, 02:19:29 pm »

"Bloody savages, vegetables are part of a balanced diet! Private eyeballs, you're off the hook for now. I've got worse vegetable-deniers to deal with."

Sarge hands Abu Hajaar the spare magazine.

"Here you go son, don't spend it all in one place."

See if I can't get a shot at one of the slavers by laying down and shooting through the space between the ground and the underside of the locomotive. If that's not possible, try to get a shot on one of the slavers by carefully peeking around the west side of the locomotive. If I notice them looking my way, getting into cover takes priority over shooting them.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 04:43:58 pm by Pancaek »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 04, 2017, 05:07:26 pm »

"Bloody savages, vegetables are part of a balanced diet! Private eyeballs, you're off the hook for now. I've got worse vegetable-deniers to deal with."

"Well hot diggity, I guess Christmas came early this year. Thanks sarge."

To Abu, he added aside:
To victory!

Begin to run around the far eastern side of the fence or whatever it is that structure to the north of the nearest wagon; the idea is to eventually sneak up upon that remote guard from behind (east). A multi-turn action plan, I know.

Seeing that the new guy was about to try and do magic again right when Abu had finished cleaning up the mess from the last attempt, he knew he should probably try to help a little before those peepers went kablooie again. Then again, Abu himself didn't really get how all this stuff worked, so how could he help private eyeballs understand...

"Abu! You need to activate your eyes. Got it? You need to do that."

But of course!

"Hey, uhh, if you want a little tip on all that weird magic stuff, you need to activate your eyes. Specifically, you'll wanna poke yourself in the eye a little before you try a spell. That always helps for me! And you didn't do it before and your eyes exploded, so clearly that means you didn't properly activate your eyes. Try it!"

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 04, 2017, 07:39:07 pm »

To Abu, he added aside:
To victory!

Seeing that the new guy was about to try and do magic again right when Abu had finished cleaning up the mess from the last attempt, he knew he should probably try to help a little before those peepers went kablooie again. Then again, Abu himself didn't really get how all this stuff worked, so how could he help private eyeballs understand...

"Abu! You need to activate your eyes. Got it? You need to do that."

But of course!

"Hey, uhh, if you want a little tip on all that weird magic stuff, you need to activate your eyes. Specifically, you'll wanna poke yourself in the eye a little before you try a spell. That always helps for me! And you didn't do it before and your eyes exploded, so clearly that means you didn't properly activate your eyes. Try it!"

Well, clearly, I've already pre-activated all my magic by poking my eyes out earlier! Hmmm, perhaps they still contain some of the magic? Let's scoop some off the ground and see if any more magic can be activated!

Thanks for the tip, either way.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #234 on: October 05, 2017, 07:22:06 am »

((Why do I have to roll str if he let me get close? I'm initiating combat there, with a move that doesn't even look like an attack. Just reaching out...))

"Hey slaves! I bet you don't like being slaves! Well, if you don't like it then help us help you by beating the nearest merchant to death. Thanks in advance!"

Int roll time! Shout as loudly as possible. Throw a few birds in the general direction of the guy who got a shot off at me; hopefully the crows fly when thrown. The guy that Corvan hit is probably still alive, but down for the count, SO [LargeFirearm / Ammunition]

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)

[4v5] You shout for the slaves to throw off their bonds and celebrate their freedom via extreme violence. They seem more  bewildered than anything. Crap.

[1v6 dex] You pull a crow from your pocket and attempt to line up a good throw with the overseer by the chemical pool. You wind up and throw the thing as best you can. As soon as you release it the wings open with a metallic SPRRNG and it flaps at high speed...right over to the slave near him.  The bird lashes out with sharp metal feet and hard metal wings, beating and scratching the slave who goes down in a screaming pile, trying to cover himself.  Double crap.

[8pot][7int] You kneel down to the man your father just knocked over and place your hand on his chest. Before he can move you work a spell. The spell hits hard and he manages to scream for only an instant before his flesh has deformed past any functionality. The transformation is like seeing a body dragged down through a grate, torn apart and pulled towards dozens of equally spaced foci. Its over in a few seconds, leaving nothing but a pool of blood and about 60 evenly spaced bullets standing straight up, in the shape of a body.

"Heey, I did it! I'm a medic now! Maybe I'll get into a better pay bracket..." Abu made a small mental note to try and find a red cross to stitch on his uniform sometime. Said note immediately drifted away into the slight breeze of his mind.

"You can help us fight the reds now, just go ask the sarge for a rifle and, uhh... waaaitaminute..." He suddenly realized they didn't really know who this new guy was. He just showed up suddenly and exploded his own eyes. Before giving him a weapon, he should probably check if it wasn't a secret commie sympathizer! Luckily, they had taught him just how to do exactly that in basic.

He raised his rifle in the direction of the new guy and asked, "What are your thoughts on di-a-be-tic materialism?"

Unless the new guy turns out to be a commie (in which case, keep him at gunpoint!) Danger averted, for now.

Give the new guy my sword, take the ammo offered by Sarge (and that spare weapon, why not, Kay ain't using it). Then move over to the last guard's body and loot it. Finally, run over to the nearest slaves (the ones above us on the map, in the building) and try to convince them to take up arms against their masters (in the typical Abu way, of course). If they agree to fight, give them my spare weapons and instruct them to also start convincing their fellow slaves.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)

You don't have the speed to do all that moving so we'll assume you hand off that knife to Kay and then meet up with Murphy to get the gun he's offereing.

To Abu, he added aside:

To victory!

[6][4] You take the knife and then work a spell on it. The blade goes from a rather ordinary thing to a clockwork monstrosity. It maintains the same general shape but the thin blade is replaced by a heavy bronze body with 3 whirling gears exposed along a slit where the edge used to be. Each gear rotates so fast you can barely make out the inch long knife edged teeth each one sports.

That done, you start running round the side of the flimsy warehouse building and heading northeast.

"Ey, you slaves!  The hell're y'all even doing, doncha know a rebellion when ya see one?!  This is yer chance to get on the good side of the new rulers 'round 'ere!"

Yell at the slaves to mobilize, while continuing to run towards Raven.  Say "Cloud" once near enough to her that she'd get cover, or just when the turn ends if Corven can't make it all the way to her.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

[8v4] Your words seem to galvanize the nearby slaves a lot better than your daughters and several of them turn and follow your charge. You don't get anywhere near Raven, damn your legs, so you just cast a cloud where you're standing.

[8] As soon as you cast the spell, dense fog seems to explode out around you, rushing off your skin as though you were a red hot ball of metal dropped into an ice bath. It expands around you and engulfs a large area. You can't really see if it covered Raven. You can't really see more than a few feet in front of you, honeslty.

See if I can't get a shot at one of the slavers by laying down and shooting through the space between the ground and the underside of the locomotive. If that's not possible, try to get a shot on one of the slavers by carefully peeking around the west side of the locomotive. If I notice them looking my way, getting into cover takes priority over shooting them.

You have a shot at the overseer up to the north, near those containers of ore, so you take the shot. [7v4][7v6] You catch the man in the face and blow off an ear as well as most of a cheek. He falls down, behind the container where you can't see him. Hmph.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #235 on: October 05, 2017, 07:31:35 am »

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

"What do you mean, O mighty spirit?"

The fly shifts forward a bit, leaning closer.

"They who held here before bartered flesh with me in return for knowledge. Do you seek this as well?"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 05, 2017, 07:36:18 am »

Move over to the last guard's body and loot it. Then, run over to the nearest slaves (the ones above us on the map, in the building) and try to convince them to take up arms against their masters (in the typical Abu way, of course). If they agree to fight, give them my spare weapons and instruct them to also start convincing their fellow slaves.

Of course, should at any point the red threat a guard come into view, shoot him then get into cover.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 05, 2017, 08:22:05 am »

Awesome! I'll call you... Chain'Gram!

Continue running around the warehouse building.

Past Sigs

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 05, 2017, 08:53:31 am »

Aww. What about our turn? Are we waiting on Dev? he posted a nonaction. Rau is dragging him someplace and trying notto fall down stairs, and I am doing a different prep spell then looting corpses. Mutilating them, if all else fails. It's the RPG way!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 05, 2017, 08:59:45 am »

((PW sometimes leaves/needs some time in between doing the various gangs, but normally he won't be skipping you if any actions have been posted. You might get the turn later, but you won't miss it.))

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 114