Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 217319 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars
« Reply #300 on: October 13, 2017, 01:00:37 pm »

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

Activate my eyes whatever I just did/made, while still focusing on that relatively far-away rock/point.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #301 on: October 13, 2017, 03:22:04 pm »

Activate my eyes whatever I just did/made, while still focusing on that relatively far-away rock/point.
You cannot. It appears to have some other kind of trigger.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 13, 2017, 04:43:55 pm »

activate your fucking eyes tho
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 13, 2017, 05:23:02 pm »

Oh. In that case, end the mission, because I don't wanna have to bring myself to near-death or something to trigger the spell.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #304 on: October 13, 2017, 06:31:06 pm »

Oh. In that case, end the mission, because I don't wanna have to bring myself to near-death or something to trigger the spell.
The spell goes away when you end the mission. This one at least.

OK, Sy team, your stuff is gonna be more difficult because of my lack of editing software. I'm gonna ask one of you here to cobble a map together in paint after the turn, just move your names to where they should be and so forth. I'll update the map when I return home.

((Could we get a map of the guard tower as well, pw? Or perhaps just a count of how many guards we know to be up there?))

"Glorious Revolutionary Capitalist Vanguard successfully recruited." Abu reported proudly, giving his best salute (which was still pretty poor by any standards).

"So, should we follow after them and give them cover, or shall we leave them be and approach the enemy from another angle, si- I MEAN SARGE?"

Preliminary action: move to the left (staying/moving to the outside of the building) and try to get an angle on a guard in range. Shoot once target acquired, if no guards are spotted make it a double move this turn.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)
Move 8 squares, including diagonals, towards where you wanna be, I don't think you'll be within an angle to shoot this turn regardless, looking at the old map.

"Glorious Revolutionary Capitalist Vanguard successfully recruited." Abu reported proudly, giving his best salute (which was still pretty poor by any standards).
"So, should we follow after them and give them cover, or shall we leave them be and approach the enemy from another angle, si- I MEAN SARGE?"
"Outstanding work convincing the savages, Abu. I'm sure the sheer capitalistic fervour will protect our new meat from the pinko bullets. We will provide them with covering fire from a nominal distance."

Als move to the left along the outside of the building, hugging the wall. Fire upon the guards in the tower if I have a shot, or really any guard that I have a shot at.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You can move them up to 12. Even at that I don't think they'll have a shot this turn.

Close in and slay the guard.

Ok um. Well Stealth is dex and the guards roll awareness to notice you coming up behind them so...lets do that. [2v1] Ah, that worked out.  You sneak up behind the man and flick the knife into motion, the bladed wheels hissing as they spin up. You slam the blade, right up against the back of the man's neck and the gears catch. They slice in, thin blades finding their way between is vertebrae and neatly severing his spine. He goes boneless and collapses to the ground in a heap.

Curse, and retreat back away from Raven.  Hopefully she'll stay down, and if she doesn't, well, Corven prolly can't save her anyway.

If the slaves are having trouble getting into the tower, enchant the door or a section of the wall with "Ammunition", to destroy it, and enter.  If they're doing fine on their own, charge in behind them.  Either way, I want to end the turn inside, with the slaves.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)
The tower, by the way, is like this

The tower they're charging too is on the far, upper right of the map and looks like 4 squares on this level. I'm instead gonna assume, since you said you wanted to be inside and there are no "insides" to be in around here other than the small shack to the south, that that's where you want to go. And that you indeed go there.

Raven motions to the nearest slave from the ground.
"Hey dude. Would you be a dear and shoot that dude who shot me with my rifle. I would do it myself, but I'm a lousy shot."

Convince a nearby slave to grab my gun and use it to shoot the guy who shot me. Reminder that my pot roll to make those was an 8, on a 2-word spell. Which if I'm not mistaken means the bullets are [pot+6], and thus super fucking powerful.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)

((I know who my next character will be when if Raven dies, now. Might even start a new gang so I can have good words. ;P))
You yell for a controlled slave to come over to you and take your weapon. One does, but takes up their whole turn doing so because if the distance.

The guards are too busy shooting at advancing slaves to shoot at players. Any of the slaves around that upper section, with the green pool and the blue one and that little shed can be moved wherever you like within 12 tiles. Kill 2 of them from enemy fire.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 13, 2017, 06:42:20 pm »

Move forward and shoot dem reds, try to keep to cover (or at least hug the wall to avoid guard tower fire).

Armed slaves: also advance forward, shoot guards in sight. If none reveal themselves then shoot at the guards in the tower.

I'm gonna ask one of you here to cobble a map together in paint after the turn, just move your names to where they should be and so forth. I'll update the map when I return home.
Sure can do! One updated map, coming right up.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 05:11:23 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 13, 2017, 07:07:16 pm »

((@Piecewise How sturdy/thick are the tower's legs? On the map, they are a couple tiles across each, whereas the tower in the picture you gave has legs that appear substantially thinner. Are they wooden like in the picture, or steel(y) based on their map tiles color?
Additionally, how many tiles high is the tower/the ladder?

@R-R I think I have a plan. ;)

Also, wow. What a roll-off.))

((Edit: Ah frak. Oh well.))

Climb the ladder on its underside/backside/the opposite side to just under the top level (i.e. instead of poking head into the trapdoor/opening, I want to have the solid ceiling of the platform's floor above me, hiding me from the guards' sight and/or gunfire).

« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 04:23:28 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 14, 2017, 08:24:28 am »

Yes, I meant that shack--I've been thinking it was the tower, for some inane reason.  Thank you.

Because it hadn't occured to me that I actually get a say in where ATHATH goes, he does not get into R&R.  Nothing personal, we're just already large.

Finally, Corven's going to stay in the shack and check his injury, perhaps trying to make a tourniquet for it.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 14, 2017, 09:17:28 am »

Get over to Thag and help him with combat.

Spoiler: character (click to show/hide)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 14, 2017, 06:01:28 pm »

Because it hadn't occured to me that I actually get a say in where ATHATH goes, he does not get into R&R.  Nothing personal, we're just already large.
Awwwww...

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 15, 2017, 02:28:15 am »

Rock that dude's world

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 15, 2017, 03:59:43 pm »

Move forward with Abu. Get into the earliest cover I can find that gives me shots at a guard, then start shootin'

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 15, 2017, 05:09:49 pm »

I'm gonna ask one of you here to cobble a map together in paint after the turn, just move your names to where they should be and so forth. I'll update the map when I return home.

Sure can do! One updated map, coming right up.

((Hey, just a sec now. Seeing as the other team didn't offer to take in atatata, this would effectively mean he'll be forced to play this multiplayer team game alone. If he doesn't mind or the other team wants to take him in, that all works out, but otherwise that seems like a rather shitty thing to do. Besides, in what way are we 'too large'? There isn't exactly a lot of coordination going on, so one more nutter running around doing whatever doesn't sounds like a big problem. And if it's due to being much bigger than the other team, well, given how this one mission has been going on for about a month and isn't over yet, I think it'll be a good long while before we get any actual PvP action, if we ever get there...))
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 06:23:19 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 15, 2017, 07:24:08 pm »

((I don't mind if ATHATH joins this gang. It's up to Rauth, though))

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 15, 2017, 07:32:14 pm »

((Pretty sure gang membership is on an application basis. As in ATHATH would have to ask me.))
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 114