Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Pocket RPG: LIFE ODYSSEY  (Read 1635 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Mood: Cautiously Optomistic
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Pocket RPG: LIFE ODYSSEY
« on: January 06, 2018, 11:54:22 pm »

Pocket RPG
— LIFE ODYSSEY —

In this game, everyone has their own player character. You are also the DM of the last player to go.

Rules
1. Call dibs to avoid being ninja'd. Edit in and complete both DM and character action parts within 1 hour, and before going again.
2. DM any way you wish. A DM has no obligation to read your story thus far, so include any important details in your post in some form.
3. Players can godmode or retcon as much or little as they wish. You may also make multiple characters.

In a nutshell you can as a player adjust the difficulty from casual to hardcore by how much you 'godmode' and how much you roll with the punches. There is no right way to play, so please no negative commentary on if a player chooses to revive or survive a leathal blow, ect.

Example
Quote from: Poster B
<insert consequences of Poster A's actions>

Mr. Astro, Entry 1
I was in a tavern on a far flung planet, these cretins hadn't even evolved spacetravel, but they served a little purple drink that was worth the trip. Anyway it was today that my life would be forever changed.

Quote from: Poster C
Astro saw a woman, perhaps someone he remembered from his past. She was seeking his company...

Mr. Florence, Entry 1
As I reached the end of the forest, I stepped into The Bog of Demons. I brandished my hatchet. My bounty was here somewhere...

Next person would DM Poster C's(my) next encounter.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 02:14:17 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
Re: Pocket RPG | Micro DM
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 12:00:57 am »

Mr. Florence finds himself greeted by the king of demons, with 100 hp.

Mr. Moony, Entry 1
I wake up in a dark forest, and survey my sureoundings.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 02:45:48 am »

The forest is eerily silent, and the ground is covered with a mat of rotting leaves. The trees are completely bare.

North of you, rising above trees, you can see a distant mountain with a thick plume of smoke rising from its crest. From the west comes the unmistakable, sulphuric smell of the Bog of Demons.

Sir Frederick, Entry 1
After weeks of searching, I finally find the evil wizard's tower. The shadowy structure looms over me, but I am not afraid. With one hand on my hilt, I call out his vile name. I am willing to give him one last chance to take back what he said about my mother.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 05:43:54 am »

The gates to his lair swing open. Inside there is darkness... then... small orange lights. They bounce up and down, then shadowy forms containing them embrace the moonlight. Lizardmen! The wizard's garrison is upon you!

Mr. Florence finds himself greeted by the king of demons, with 100 hp.

Mr. Florence, Entry 2
Having found it, I must say I was impressed. It had many white masks mounted on a big red muscular satyr body. I struck at it with my hand axe, what else was I to do?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 06:03:24 am by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 05:20:02 pm »

poke
Awesome With Autism

DynasticMutt

• Bay Watcher
  • This picture took hours.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 08:55:05 pm »

The demon recoils in surprise, having expected terrified prey and at least a little courtesy. You shred a dozen masks, running your axe down its fleeing body before it dives out of range. It's mad now, white ichor leaks down a dozen cuts along its masks, and pulls a giant rust-red axe out of the ground, somehow.

Mullah Serne

The sky is darkening as I see lights in the distance, camped along the road. Likely bandits preying on pilgrims. I draw a sword and decide to take a detour into the woods.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 09:56:22 pm »

Mullah Serene hears voices ahead, and ducks down, stealthily making their way forward. Mullah spots several travellers camped at a fire. Coming closer, it appears they are cleaning their blood-soaked weaponry and looting several human corpses.

Landon Hujsak
I can't find my bike horn, I suspect that the mime pickpocketed me earlier. I make my way out of my small room and walk down the hallway, searching for that dreaded mime.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2018, 12:04:58 am »

It apears the mime stole a hardsuit, bece they're running away through a airlock to the outside!

Mr. Moony
Eat some of the leaves

DynasticMutt

• Bay Watcher
  • This picture took hours.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2018, 12:27:54 am »

It turns out the bunches of leaves you ate contain coca. You are now energized, like ten cups of coffee, and feel a slight compulsion to eat more leaves.

Mullah Serne
I try to sneak around the pilgrim-accosting bandit scum, giving them a wide berth and continuing onwards until the pillars of campfire smoke in the evening sky are far behind me.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2018, 06:00:24 am »

As Mullah tip toes past, he can see freedom. A snapped twig betrays him! But he is not precisely noticed, perhaps standing very still, or making a quick break for it may work.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mr. Florence, Entry 3
I wait until it closes on me, then try to dodge and throw my hatchet at the back of its' head. This thing seems a little tougher than I am used to, I may need to almost try.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 03:06:08 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2018, 06:53:00 pm »

The hatchet cuts into the fiend's skull, and it howls in anger! It slashes its massive axe at Florence, but he narrowly dodges backward and it instead cleaves the air above his nose.

Landon Hujsak
That darn mime! I pull out my PDA and throw it ahead of him, hoping to trip him on its slick surface.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 06:55:47 pm by Puppyguard »

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2018, 05:49:51 am »

The admins may or may not have modified the game. Your PDA explodes violently, and security is coming right for you; But hey, at least the mime is dead now.

Mr. Moony
Murder everything

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Unlimited RPG: THE ODYSSEY
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2018, 02:52:52 pm »

Birds fly up from the forest from the disturbance. You are quickly covered in blood and fur, surrounded by entrails and breathing heavily.

Mr. Florence, Entry 4
Alright, it was time to finish up the 100 masked, large red satyre monster, nicknamed the King of Demons. He was bleeding heavily from my hatchet blows. I thought this would be easy, and it was, but I didn't expect the curse.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 03:03:59 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2018, 03:08:11 pm »

Yes, the curse indeed. For the price of entering this forsaken place was taking pieces of your soul, and you felt yourself growing more distant.
Before you could dwell on the thought any longer you felt a searing pain in your leg, and looked down to see the demon's axe cleaving through your right knee. Enraged and one legged, you pulled out your enchanted fork dagger and rolled under the fiend and stabbed upwards, embedding the weapon in the demon. It howled in anger as it started to disintegrate into ash.

Landon Hujsak
Oh no... Not security! I remove my shoes and run to the fallen mime's corpse, and grab his hardsuit. I equip it and run out the airlock, and enable my emergency oxygen tank as I let go of the station.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 03:09:58 pm by Puppyguard »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2018, 03:14:40 pm »

Apparently the Mime was vital to the station, as as you drift away from the station, it explodes!

Mr. Florence, Entry 5
I woke up in a bed, what had turned out to be several days later. The village I had rescued, had in turned rescued me. As I left them I revisited the sight of the battle, I took the rusty axe my opponent now had no use for.

With an incredible steamwork leg a greatful village tinkerer made for me, I journied off to find the next town in need of a demonslayer...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 03:22:07 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism
Pages: [1] 2