Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112]

Author Topic: DFHack 0.44.12-r2  (Read 135375 times)

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.12-r2
« Reply #1665 on: March 19, 2019, 02:04:26 pm »

Yes, I'm am experimenting with other ways to make Dwarf Therapist. But re-creating it is a lot of work, don't expect it any time soon. I am not even sure I'll do it. And the debugging API currently used in DT is not that bad, except on macOS where it seems to require root permissions whatever you try.

ViolinAnon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: March 19, 2019, 06:46:39 pm »

I was using the 'liquids' plugin to create a large tower of obsidian for a special project.
However, when mined out by dwarves, the floors/ramps left behind are made of other material, such as fire clay or random stone.

I was wondering if I was perhaps doing something wrong, or if it's to be expected from creating obsidian that way?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
  • U want sum seed?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: March 19, 2019, 07:32:04 pm »

I think it’s to be expected. There’s no layer material defined in air zones, so the game chooses one at random when the tile is mined.
bloop_bleep's Moving Fortress Parts Mod!

Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

ViolinAnon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: March 19, 2019, 07:37:19 pm »

Ah, damn.
I guess I can try an alternative method, by creating magma then water to cast obsidian. It'll be very time consuming.

Thanks for the confirmation, though!

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: Today at 03:18:56 am »

I fail to see how obsidianizing using magma+water would give a different result from spawning obsidian directly. The problem comes from mining out of a huge block, so spawn only walls (and build floors out of obsidian [blocks]). It's still more work to spawn parts rather than a block that's mined out, of course.

Also note that the biome in the air may differ from the one at ground level, so any farming may support crops different from the ones expected (the air biome is the one of the world tile to the NW of the embark tile [and there's a "shear" bug that causes random 16*16 areas in the air to take on any of the up to 9 biomes of the embark world tile and the 8 surrounding ones]).
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112]