Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101]

Author Topic: SoundSense: a sound engine for dwarf fortress.  (Read 390300 times)

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SoundSense: a sound engine for dwarf fortress.
« Reply #1500 on: January 29, 2019, 04:16:12 pm »

Yeah, the forums have been slowing down these past few years, and zwei's last post was in 2017 - don't expect activity to reach the effervescence of the early 2010's.

When you first started soundsense, were you prompted with the file picker (to look for gamelog.txt)?

Jimmitheking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: January 29, 2019, 09:44:23 pm »

no, i dont think so.

I use LNP so, i figured it did it by itself

EDIT: as far as i know, Soundsense can read the gamelog just fine and the program itself is apparently running the sounds/music.
However i dont see soundsense in the volume mixer so i think my computer might just not detect it as a source of sound or something, i dunno.

EDIT2: fixed! It seems i had my DF folder named wrong...
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 09:52:26 pm by Jimmitheking »
"I’m waiting for “Sausage Factory Worker 2011: Conveyor Belt Controller Edition”"
That's soon to come, im sure of that!

Just Cause 2 is like if Spiderman joined Al'queda.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: April 21, 2019, 06:28:05 am »

this one would also fit, but i doubt it's free
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ1gnuuRdjM
if asked nicely, maybe Michael Hoenig allows the use for soundsense.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)
« Reply #1503 on: July 03, 2019, 02:30:08 pm »

I use LNP and, just today, suddenly SoundSense is crashing while the command prompt window gives the error "Exception :java.util.InvalidPropertiesFormatException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 1; Premature end of file.: java.util.InvalidPropertiesFormatException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 1; Premature end of file.
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.2.9200]
(c) 2012 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved."
The bit about Microsoft is probably my command prompt, but... why is the very first character of the XML file, the one that opens the tag defining its version and encoding, being interpreted as an immediate ending of the file?
The same happens if I put achievements.xml somewhere not in the achievements folder - SoundSense crashes right after it tries to load achievements, whether achievements.xml is present or not.
EDIT:
So, turns out that wasn't an issue at all. The achievements progress XML file was completely empty and that's what caused my problem. Sorry for any inconveniences caused.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 09:29:19 am by IncompetentFortressMaker »

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: July 04, 2019, 08:38:10 am »

the linuxLNP version of soundsense crashes on me when too many sounds are to be played simultaniously.
like when i put my dorfs in a burrow and the items of the dead outside are to be gathered and my dorfs all at once proclaim they canceled a job because the item is not accessible OR when the sounds of one or more fights are just too many at once.
restarting soundsense fixes the problem until the next huge wave of sounds to play.

can you make it so that it caps the maximum played sounds per category and the maximum sounds total to "the amount of audio channels -2" (so some channels stay clear for things like teamspeak etc?)
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: August 31, 2019, 08:48:25 am »

i solved the crashes of soundsense by increasing the allocated cache of PulseAudio to 128MiB with the help of a friend.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101]