Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Kloker was Cavern Keeper was Manipulator. Detailed and automatic labor control.  (Read 66380 times)

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile

I've added new compiles for the freshly released Win and Linux starter packs here
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 10:17:30 am by strainer »
Klok the Kloker !

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes its a dfhack plugin for dwarf mode - its actually the current dfhack labor manager plugin improved and can be installed on top of it (manipulator).

When you say "labor manager", you don't mean the "labormanager" plugin, do you? Or does this combine features from both the labormanger and the manipulator plugins?

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile

I just wrote in the general sense. Its much extended "manipulator" (which appears in the UI as "manage labors"). Its not connected to the automatic labor manager plugins "labormanager" and "autolabor" although I have ideas about getting one of them to work nicely with it.
Klok the Kloker !

bwbill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was so grateful to see this updated a day after the Linux LNP -- thank you!

A brief spin through the code diff was enough to see what you were talking about. If Cavern Keeper lives on the side for a while, I'll be okay with that...I'm simply not qualified to help here.

It's definitely getting harder to play with the old u-l now that I'm used to the power of u-k. Keep up the good work!

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile

Thanks bwbill  : ) )
Klok the Kloker !

ThoMeuhGal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, thank you for the tool, very nice! I played a bit with it using the 44.05 starter pack and enjoyed it a lot, ran a four years fort without launching Therapist. Can I use this with newer 44.XX releases of DF and DFHack without issues?

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile

Thanks for the report comrade. Armok shall favor us for breaking Therapists dark siege on Dwarf Fortress !

While the Nobles remain under the shrink's influence, imports of Cavern Keeper are prohibited, so custom mechanisms must be fit to every new starter pack.

The upgraded mechanisms will be distributed here soon as the 44.08 packs arrive...

,,,shouldnt be long now I guess.
Klok the Kloker !

paperchamomiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This looks really cool! Unfortunately I'm on a mac.  Is there any way you could make it so it works on a mac?  If it's no trouble.  Thanks!

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile

Sorry for leaving out mac users so far- its a tricky one for me.

Jecowa, who makes "the lazy mac pack" was a just few posts back asking some questions but doesnt seem like they have tried it yet. Jecowa could run you up a compile in a couple of minutes, or when enough people have asked, so worth a punt at their mighty thread in case they dont spot you asking here.

Welcome to this crazy forum :)
Klok the Kloker !

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think compiling this probably requires compiling the full DFHack. I've never compiled 64-bit DFHack before, but I remember 32-bit DFHack being a little complicated. Even Cavern Keeper has like 12 branches. I remember it being confusing downloading DFHack with it having so many branches, and I think it was even spread across multiple repos and required a special command to download. I should have a list of commands to run to compile DFHack somewhere.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 12:55:06 am by jecowa »

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile

I see Jecowa, I just imagined you did compile for some reason, granted theres no reason to when dfhack makes OSX releases. dfhack has a great compile walkthrough here - thats how to do it if you ever need to.

Just one of those 12 branches is cavern keepers btw - the rest are mirrored by github automatically when you try to contribute to a project. Keepers single sourcefile is linked in the install readme and takes just a minute to compile in an existing dfhack compiling setup.

Maybe I have enough interest to try pushing it back to dfhack soon, some parts are written in goblinscript but there are tools which could translate them to kobold++.
Klok the Kloker !

paperchamomiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you for the replies! 
I want to try compiling it myself but I can't find the sourcefile for Keeper that you mentioned?

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile

Sorry, I must make that readme clearer...
The latest source file is here manipulator.cpp
It copies over the existing manipulator.cpp in the plugins directory of dfhack
and will compile to DF versions greater than 44.0.3

Let me know if theres anything I can do.

edit: I should add - clone the main dfhack repo not mine, and put that manipulator.cpp file into it. (ive not figured out how to keep my 'fork' updated, just been working on that file and copying it in when needed)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 04:33:52 pm by strainer »
Klok the Kloker !

paperchamomiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I've been trying all day but I can't get it to compile.  The error is at the last step, too, which is frustrating. 

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile

Can you post the error message?
Klok the Kloker !
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13