Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 59

Author Topic: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Game Over: Three Thirds On Negative Three.  (Read 83110 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: [ One Last Check Before Sending ] MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2018, 08:45:42 pm »

It’s been four hours somewhere dammit. I don’t care if it requires a complete overhaul of the laws of physics.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2018, 08:46:26 pm »

Ooh, ooh, I'll play too! 

*ahem*

I am a white, college-aged upper middle class person and this delay has triggered me and now I'm literally shaking!

Did I do it right?

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2018, 08:49:09 pm »

I should probably be working on If Bay12 Was A Fortresss 5, not playing mafia. eh ill work on sprites when i can't play

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2018, 08:53:38 pm »

Ooh, ooh, I'll play too! 

*ahem*

I am a white, college-aged upper middle class person and this delay has triggered me and now I'm literally shaking!

Did I do it right?

No, I just can’t count.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2018, 09:30:33 pm »

Driving home and stuff. Should be able to start sending out then.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ Locked While Sending ] MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2018, 11:55:53 pm »

Welcome ladies and gentlemen to Webley Speeeeeeeeeeeeeedway. We’re here to bring you high-flying, death-defying, mystifying back-to-back track action. I’ll be your announcer, Webley, with my co-host, Aldy. Say hi to the fans, Aldy.
Hi.
Now, Aldy, I’m seeing a fresh assortment of faces fearless fighting for first out there on the track. I believe we can see them setting up for… Oh, we haven’t seen this track since ’92, it’s the Comet Hurler! This is going to be a treat for you, isn’t that right, Aldy?
Yep.
Now, looks like we’ve got a prize for our first place racer out there. Looks to be… Hold the phone folks, it looks as though we’ve got an issue. Looks like our 11th and 12th racers have been engulfed in a rather precarious fireball mere minutes before the race. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families of those lost. We can only hope that those responsible will be brought to justice swiftly.
Oh well, moving along, first prize appears to be an Auto-Revive, brought to you by our friends over at Auto Parts. We’d like to take this time to plug our sponsors…

Vote Count
----------------------------
BlackHeartKabal -
FallacyOfUrist -
hector13 -
IcyTea31 -
mightymushroom -
MoonyTheHuman -
quinnr -
randomgenericusername -
Shakerag -
Tiruin -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - BlackHeartKabal, FallacyOfUrist, hector13, IcyTea31, mightymushroom, MoonyTheHuman, quinnr, randomgenericusername, Shakerag, Tiruin,

Racer - Distance | Place | Car #
--------------------------------
BlackHeartKabal – 0 KM | First | 24
FallacyOfUrist – 0 KM | First | Delta
hector13 – 0 KM | First | 0
IcyTea31 – 0 KM | First | 1812
mightymushroom – ? KM | ?th | 8
MoonyTheHuman – 0 KM | First | NaN
quinnr – 0 KM | First | 666
randomgenericusername – 0 KM | First | One, Two, Five
Shakerag – 0 KM | First | Graham’s Number
Tiruin – 0 KM | First | 24601

It is now Morning.

Morning Ends around 8 PM CDT Wednesday, April 25th. Day Ends around 8 PM CDT Friday, April 27th.

Well, if it ain’t the famed driver himself! That’s randomgenericusername on the track, Aldy! Shoot, he’s so well-known around these parts that there’s NO ONE who won’t know who he is. Give him a round of applause, everyone. I never expected him to show up here!

randomgenericusername is the Spanish Inquisition!

randomgenericusername - The Spanish Inquisition
(1-Shot, Auto) By Which I Mean Completely Expected: All players will be informed of your role and abilities on Day 1. How unexpected!
(Auto) The Road to Hell: If your alignment is not Mafia, you may use Mafiakill abilities as though they were Night actions. You always inspect as Mafia.
(Auto, Day) Unannounced Arrival: Why are you sitting in the stands?! While this keeps you safe from Day actions, your completely unexpected move also puts you in dead last. However, if this action is done during the Morning, you jump to the same position as first place!
(1-Shot, Mafiakill) Inquisitor: You kill the target and steal any Mafiakill abilities from them. This ability does nothing if it targets randomgenericusername, and instead kills the player who uses it, so long as they are ALSO not randomgenericusername.
(Night) And Now for Something Completely Different [target]: Gain an ability based off the target’s role.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 05:45:39 am by webadict »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, that totally counts as by Tuesday. Sorry it was so late though.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

@_@ Uh what
So RGU is Mafia given the 'mafiakill' ability and how did that occur when there's no mention of a N0 or something.

Seemslike the subphases mean 'be active', which I guess is a great thing for everyone involved. Also I'm sick at the moment so I can't make a good enough post for quite anything.

Also I then just read that RGU isn't dead :V Kinda expected that if that seemed like a roleflip.

Webadict: Can non-Mafia players get a 'Mafiakill' aspect to their abilities? Also how does the following work?
(Auto, Day) Unannounced Arrival: Why are you sitting in the stands?! While this keeps you safe from Day actions, your completely unexpected move also puts you in dead last. However, if this action is done during the Morning, you jump to the same position as first place!

Also it seems 'Auto' actions aren't that 'automatic' given one thing of RGU's :v
>_>
I've a feeling many people picked the craziness factor up to 11.

RGU: WHile I'm ambivalent of poking you like this; did you expect anything of what's happening right out?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

mightymushroom – ? KM | ?th | 8
An ability to hide one's position in the race, I presume.

This ability does nothing if it targets randomgenericusername, and instead kills the player who uses it, so long as they are ALSO not randomgenericusername.
Based on this, I suspect there is at least one person with an ability to use others' actions, and that at least one person has an action to change their name.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Webadict: Can non-Mafia players get a 'Mafiakill' aspect to their abilities? Also how does the following work?

Also it seems 'Auto' actions aren't that 'automatic' given one thing of RGU's :v
Of course. It doesn't mean they can use it, though. Only players that specifically have abilities that allow them to use a Mafiakill ability or Mafia players (since they have access to the group ability Mafiakill) can use it.

The ability in question has passive AND active elements. Since the passive portions are no longer available again until the start of the Day, this was the most obvious way to use it.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse

hi. this will be intresting. i suspect our numbers are a bit less than random.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise, fear and ruthless efficiency!

To be honest, I'm as confused as everyone else. This was truly unexpected. Huh.

Apparently, I'm some sort of day-protected miller vigilante that can steal mafiakills and gain new abilities? I think? Maybe I shouldn't have set the Web number over 10.

Wait while I try to understand my role and how to use it.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

i suspect our numbers are a bit less than random.
The numbers were given by the players as part of the sign-up role sheet. They could hints as to what the role is, or completely random, depending on the whims of the particular player.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse

I, luckily, didn't choose over 10.
Fallacy and Shakerag are probably 11's

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile

I, luckily, didn't choose over 10.
Fallacy and Shakerag are probably 11's
Why would you join a webadict game and *not* pick 11?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 59