Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 53

Author Topic: Minimalism and Milk 2  (Read 148348 times)

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 2
« Reply #105 on: April 23, 2018, 12:12:29 am »

Yes, you can still join. I don't really intend to ever close the game to new players.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 2
« Reply #106 on: April 23, 2018, 12:50:19 am »

Cool.

Name: Cassandra Vitalis
Description: Black curly hair, olive skin, purple eyes. Wearing: A gothic medieval dress, black and purple with floral patterns; a leather pouch containing many herbs and fungi.
Why do you want milk?: To study and use for my potions, as I am an aspiring alchemist.

Ask kindly for some friends to go in search of milk with me.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 2 (Turn 6)
« Reply #107 on: April 23, 2018, 12:51:07 am »

Like Mallos said, you can join.

*Edit, just saw your action. Will add that.

**Done.

Turn 6

"You have underestimated me, Margaret. You haven't thought that the prey can outmaneuver the predator, right? Once I'm done with this place, you'd better have another card to pull from your sleeve, because I'm not going to act gentle towards you."

Lay down, so it'll be harder to spot me.
Use another VATS assistance to shoot the moving mutants easier.
Shoot the mutants. All of them.

3 to prep. 6 vs 3-1.

You lay down, but your Pip-boy doesn't have enough uses of VATS to make a difference against the horde now emerging from the trees. You'll have to wing it. The creatures rush forward with daggers and bows, but the rifle's repeated blasts are clearly something they haven't seen before. After you empty out a couple magazines, what remains of the horde disperses into the swamp. You then hear Margaret cry out in fury from somewhere behind you. "Noooo!!! You killed my pets, yes! My CHILDREN, gone! You need to die now, messenger! HEHEHEE!" Margaret then emerges from under the swamp water. She's standing in the door of her hut, which crawls forward on twenty spider legs.

Make for high ground ti survey the surrounding area. There should be hills and mountains around my village.

You get even more lost. You find a bridge, but when you get closer to see if you can use it for a landmark you notice a troll battling a giant beetle underneath.

How dare you assume that insect-monsters are slimey!  I'll have you know we're quite clean!
Grab onto its body with my six legs and keep biting at it, tearing chunks of flesh free from the troll!
Whoops, sorry. Megaentomology was my worst class.
3 vs 4-1

You snatch and chomp at the prey, but it won't stop fighting back and you can't seem to bring it down. The creature punches you back, but the painful throat bite is distracting it. The blows glance harmlessly off your chitin.

Get out of the cart and run, if I can't get out try and stab the milk snake with my crucifix and hope its holy power gets rid of the snake.
"GOOD BOYS! KEEP THE FILTHY PRIEST IN THE CART WHILE 'TIL I'VE GOT HIM IN MY HANDS."

Attempt to force Harold out from the cart. Have my snakes attack him if he gets hostile.
2 vs 3-1

Harold struggles to get free of the wagon as Goatsby marches up and looks for an angle to grab him. Harold spots a weakening point in the side of the wagon and kicks it out. The priest rolls out followed by a heap of fish. The serpents remain preoccupied with crushing the cart as Harold hops to his feet to find himself standing right in front of Goatsby.

Accept taking the test

"So be it, wanderer. This will be the test. You must go to the tallest tower of Lord Saxon's Castle. There, entombed in the throne of the dark lord, is the sword of my father. It was seized in the days when Saxon's armies marched the land. I need you to retrieve it, please." The king's face takes on a look of old regrets as he describes your mission.

Find another place to buy milk.

You wander for a while in search of somebody who might have milk to sell. You eventually come across a peasant napping in a poorly constructed chair with a rumpled hat over his eyes and a massive, partially hairless dog lying in watch by his feet. In his hand is a milk bottle.

"MY GOODNESS. THIS IS RATHER MORE THAN I'D EXPECTED. TIME FOR A CHANGE OF PLANS..."

GET IN THE STEAM WAGON WHILST MUTTERING TO MYSELF. ATTEMPT TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO WORK IT
GO FOR A JOYRIDE WHILST BECOMING ACCUSTOMED TO THE CONTROLS, PREFERABLY WITHOUT DRAWING TOO MUCH ATTENTION

You hop in the driver's seat and look over the controls. A staggering array of buttons, cranks, and levers sprawl across the panels before you. You have to admit, you're not sure how it works. Your mad scientist nature urges you to just start it up anyway.

That was a 2, not a 1
Run Grognar through with my sword
1 vs 6+1
Lift GROGNAR into the air with my holy powers and spin him really fast until he's nauseous.
1 vs 2+1
Quote from: Adventurers
To battle!
3 vs 1+1 against GROGNAR
Quote from: GROGNAR
GROGNAR MIGHTY!!!
5 vs 2 against adventurers.
Wait, what, when did the turn before this happen?
???
How the hell did I miss an entire turn occurring?

Whelp, anyway, bodily throw Grognar out of this establishment. Make sure to grab him while he's distracted attacking something else, so as to turn his ragepower against him. There's a reason you're supposed to stay calm during a fight, and why barbarian rage attacks often have you deal and receive double damage.
4, 5+1 vs 4

GROGNAR rises up from the wrecked hut and looks around. Adam charges with his magic sword. GROGNAR sidesteps the blow, roars, and rips Adam's arm off at the shoulder before pushing him over. GROGNAR lets the arm drop and charges back into the pub. Grail Mug tries whirling GROGNAR around in the air, but the lack of Holy Milk cripples its power. GROGNAR kicks the mug into a wall and leaves a noticeable crack in its side. GROGNAR then pounces at the adventurers. The party fights in a well-practiced flanking routine, leaving GROGNAR slightly weakened. GROGNAR finally manages to ward them off with sweeping punches. Then Aaron approaches. GROGNAR snorts at him. "GROGNAR TEAR PUNY ANGELDEVILMAN! BREAK PUNY CUP! WILL CRUSH PUNY ADVENTURERS! GROGNAR SMASH PUNY DRAGONMAN, GROGNAR MIGH-" GROGNAR is then cut off by Aaron's hand closing on his throat and chucking him back outside through the hole. GROGNAR looks up from the dust with an expression of both rage and confusion. "YOU...SHOULDN'T...THROW...GROGNAR."

Cool.

Name: Cassandra Vitalis
Description: Black curly hair, olive skin, purple eyes. Wearing: A gothic medieval dress, black and purple with floral patterns; a leather pouch containing many herbs and fungi.
Why do you want milk?: To study and use for my potions, as I am an aspiring alchemist.

Ask kindly for some friends to go in search of milk with me.

Unfortunately, nobody seems interested in going milk-hunting right now. It seems they're a little wary of going on your "alchemist trips" after that one incident with the spiders.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 01:03:31 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 23, 2018, 01:48:57 am »

Anna has officially seen it all: Milk geysers, pointy-eared mutants, mutants who are able to disguise as completely human, mutant-buildings with spider legs controlled by a said disguised mutant. Seeing the said mutant-building abomination, she decided to use a pretty old but well-working tactic: Running away, then setting up a trap!

Run away from the mutant-building, hopefully giving me a time to set up a trap.
Set up a frag mine trap to blow some of the mutant's legs off, then finish the wounded mutant-buildings with an incendiary grenade right into the door!
If I'll have no time to set up a trap (the spider-hut manages to keep with me in speed, for example), pull out an Anti-Material Rifle and shoot an incendiary bullet into Margaret's chest!

EDIT: Editing the actions and adding the new ones as well.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 05:33:20 am by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 23, 2018, 02:47:01 am »

"YOU STAND BEFORE THE GREAT GERALD G. GOATSBY, HOLY-MAN. YOU'VE DESTROYED MY GREATEST PROJECT TO DATE. WHAT SAY YOU IN YOUR DEFENCE?"

Aggressively seize the priest by his throat. Be ready to weave some serious explosive magic if he tries anything. Tell my sneks to watch him.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 05:32:06 am by Mallos »
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 23, 2018, 04:49:26 am »

Nod at the king and gallop towards the Lord Saxon's Castle. 
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 23, 2018, 04:59:46 am »

Stab Goatsby with my crucifix as he is a crazed individual that's going around summoning demons.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 23, 2018, 05:00:02 am »

use my superior grip to get on top of their head and back, then begin biting at their arms to render the troll less dangerous.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 23, 2018, 05:54:35 am »

You don’t want to get thrown, you piss off. Got it?
If he doesn’t run away, pummel him into submission or death, whichever comes first.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 07:28:54 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 23, 2018, 05:56:34 am »

Heal thyself(use powers to heal my arm.)

My rolls have been really crappy.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 06:10:12 am by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 23, 2018, 06:31:01 am »

Go home with MAGIC!
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 23, 2018, 06:57:38 am »

Cast a heal miracle and cure the wounds of me and my new allies.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 23, 2018, 09:25:11 am »

I will find an empty milk bottle and as quitely and sneaky as possible trade out the bottles. If he awakes at anytime during this, I tell him there has been a recall on milk in this region because of mad cow disease.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 23, 2018, 05:02:39 pm »

Name: Vaarsuvius
Description: Typical D&D High Elf. Pointed ears, violet hair. Is a 16th level wizard. Is wearing a red wizard's robe.
Why do you want milk? So that I may use it to attain ULTIMATE COSMIC POWER!

Casts Locate Object while focusing on a milk bottle, gaining knowledge of the location of the closest milk bottle.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 23, 2018, 05:10:29 pm »

That reminds me that some species of spiders produce milk. I will create some anti-toxin in preparation for my quest for spiders.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 53