Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 53

Author Topic: Minimalism and Milk 2  (Read 150510 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 2 (Turn 10)
« Reply #195 on: May 03, 2018, 12:22:07 pm »

Seek out my brethren in the Society, asking any of them with time to spare in assisting me in a Greater Milk Daemon summoning.
It's pronounced ATHATH.
FTFY

Too bad he's not here.

I guess I could just send down a DOOM MUG myself...
May I suggest you not.

Also, killing the pyramid before it leaves the embryonic stage.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 03, 2018, 12:58:21 pm »

Aw, ok.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 03, 2018, 03:36:05 pm »

No matter how many times you attempt to summon the ancient horrer of the deepest Dwarven depths of the deepest, mosed cursed fortress of their kind, it won't change the fact that it's spelt Dæmon.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 03, 2018, 03:44:44 pm »

If it's a milk demon, it's spelled ATHATH.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 03, 2018, 08:53:34 pm »

No matter how many times you attempt to summon the ancient horrer of the deepest Dwarven depths of the deepest, mosed cursed fortress of their kind, it won't change the fact that it's spelt Dæmon.
If it's a milk demon, it's spelled ATHATH.

I'm afraid he speaks the true name of the Dæmon in question. Iä Iä ATHATH Fhtagn.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 2 (Turn 11)
« Reply #200 on: May 03, 2018, 08:56:18 pm »

IA IA ATHATH FHTAGN!

Turn 11

Duck into an unobserved alley and cast Disguise Self on myself, appearing to become a completely different elf.

You find an appropriate hiding place and cast your spell. You become a somewhat different elf. You have a blue robe and a fake mustache now.

politely knock on the door of the castle.

The doors swing open with a creak and and clouds of dust. The sun shines in from behind you on an abandoned entry hall that looks like it hasn't seen light in ages. A set of stairs leads up, halls lead away deeper into this level, and a bat flies from a once hidden passage lying ajar in the wall.

>Stash the milk in
the store[
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
y milk dealing location.[/i][/sub][/left]

4, 5 vs 5

You successfully infiltrate the warehouse and secure the entrances. You acquire the milk contained inside as a result.

YOU WIN THE GAME!!!

However, your attempt to use your conquest as a distribution center does not go unnoticed. Swarms of guards take up position outside. Your crossbow keeps them back for now, but you don't do much damage.

Find a spider. Fight the spider.
6, 3+1 vs 5
Quote from: Spiders
<If object=Preyobject, run Hunt.>
2 vs 5

You venture forth with sword in hand. You keep an eye out for the telltale signs of giant spiders, such as clawmarks and enormous cobwebs. Eventually, you find one of your targets drinking from a melted-looking deer at the base of a large cliff. You creep forward to try and stab it. Before you can get close enough for a clean kill, you hear a thump from behind you as the spider's mate drops from a tree and sprays webbing. Your foot is stuck fast to the ground. The spider charges, losing an eye to your rapier for its trouble. The first spider looks back at you, but then ignores the fight to try and finish its deer.

drag it back to the nest for the larva to eat, then go searching for the largest source of milk possible.

You drag the carcass to your spawn. They swarm over and into the warm meat, chittering gratefully. You then leave in search of milk. After a bit, you see a large stone wall. Your antenna detect large amounts of milk on the other side, but you remember that dangerous creatures with weapons typically live behind these structures.

Grab the crucifix I dropped earlier, then return to the church and tell the people there that there is a guy going around and summoning milk based demons then gather any of the ones that are able to help me fight him.

You get your crucifix back and return the backup to its usual sheath. Your return to the church is unsuccessful. Everybody just thinks your warnings are more crazy ranting from the priest who sharpens crucifixes and hates milk.

Did I not?
I could have sworn I had...

Imic closes up the pub for the time being sits down by the fire, and enjoy a delicious slice or four of toast, with a good drink of ice-cold milk.
Once he's done, look out the window and try and see all the stuff that's happening. Might as well have a look at the happy medieval townsfolk going about their Chaos free lives.

Surprisingly enough, everything is fine at the moment. There's some scorch marks from Goatsby's spells and some property damage caused by that rampaging cart. Some villagers are beginning to repair things.

Seek out my brethren in the Society, asking any of them with time to spare in assisting me in a Greater Milk Daemon summoning.

You find a group of initiates who want to help you. It'll be their first Daemon summoning and as such they are eager to assist.

Search the town for a literal sign towards our next stop in our quest.
"Sorry, I don't have an interest in doing something like gathering some flowers. I'll go and see if the other settlements need my help." Replied Anna to shopkeeper.

As Anna argues with the party of adventurers, her Pip-boy adds a new journal notification, which is empty and is called 'Untitled', but it also displays a map market to the unknown location. It's definitely strange, considering that the map didn't even work earlier. Since nobody gave Anna any interesting tasks, she sighs and says to the party of adventurers: "Well, it looks like my Pip-boy knows where you can find that Unholy Pail of yours. And since nothing threatens this village, perhaps I can assist you in your quest."

Go on the quest for the Unholy Pail along with the party.
Bring the cow along too! Perhaps it can serve us as a heavy items hauler.

I guess we’re now goin to wherever the hell it isn’t we’re supposed to go?
Make sure that nobody attacks us on the way - or if we do end up in combat, that our attackers swiftly regret having been within a mile radius of us.

1, 1 vs 3
(I'm going to assume team members who miss a turn automatically keep up with their allies, unless they want to quit playing or the player says otherwise.)

Anna agrees to join the seekers of the Holy Milk. Before leaving, the Grail decides to look for an actual sign. This is a rather literal interpretation of its vision, but it is the correct one. The Grail finds a wooden sign addressing the party directly.

"Welcome, seekers of the Holy Milk. To prove yourselves worthy, you must face the villains you could have been and still could be. If you accept this challenge, go now to the Cave of Broken Mirrors."

With Anna's Pip-boy, the Cave's location is obvious. The party sets out with a cow in tow. Anna quickly finds that the cow refuses to carry heavy loads. The adventurers will have to be used for that. On the road, Aaron leads in order to have a better chance to spot threats. A threat does materialize.

The party is forced to pass through a graveyard on the way to the Cave. Predictably, the graves begin to burst as a horde of skeletons rise from their graves. Aaron leaps into action and swings his sword at a tightly packed group. The skeletons grab his sword and weigh it down as they try to wrestle it away.

OOC:Does the bottom part of my post look weird to anyone else? It looks grayed out to me for some reason.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 09:08:50 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 03, 2018, 08:58:02 pm »

Name: ATHATH
Description: The reincarnation of that crazy guy.
Why do you want milk: So I have a justification to summon mugs from the sky.

Perform a magic ritual to summon a giant mug in the sky.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 03, 2018, 09:06:56 pm »

Who cares about the sword, I have a hammer and an axe! CRUSH THESE UNSKINNED VERTEBRATES!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 03, 2018, 09:17:16 pm »

use my powerful forelegs to dig through the wall, then retreat and climb over it for an ambush.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 03, 2018, 09:21:00 pm »

Turn 11?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 03, 2018, 09:23:35 pm »

My mods and forum games.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 03, 2018, 10:26:47 pm »

So...

Release a wave of holy magic that can destroy undead, as well as, totally coincidentally, stop all possible summonings of DOOM MUGS.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 03, 2018, 10:31:50 pm »

Return to the bartender and cast Suggestion. "I Suggest that you hand me a bottle of milk."
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 10:10:32 am by The_Two_Eternities »
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 03, 2018, 10:55:27 pm »

Conjure and Bind a Milk Obcisidaemon with the assistance of the Initiates. Sacrifice them, if necessary.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 03, 2018, 11:31:52 pm »

Return to the bartender and cast Suggestion. "I Suggest that you perform no actions except those which I explicitly order of you."

Just a heads up, I'm not going to let you control another player beyond a single command.
My mods and forum games.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 53