Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 53

Author Topic: Minimalism and Milk 2  (Read 150503 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 2 (Turn 12)
« Reply #240 on: May 06, 2018, 10:56:30 am »

It's telepathy, ATHATH is in Goatsby's catacombs.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 06, 2018, 11:00:15 am »

"I Suggest that you allow me to escape."

(Also, yes it is an OotS reference.)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 06, 2018, 11:03:36 am »

Throw Plasma grenades at the skeletons!
If the skeletons will not be defeated, run inside the gravedigger's house.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 06, 2018, 11:12:46 am »

So, no comments on the fact that I've been secretly playing the same character this whole time?
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 06, 2018, 12:06:07 pm »

The readability cops have probably fucked off at this point so I don't have to anger them at this point. Time for giant bug monster hunting!
it's over

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 06, 2018, 08:37:51 pm »

"An imposter? Me? No, that is false! I am the true ATHATH! You will bow before me!"

Summon a DOOM MUG in orbit above the false ATHATH.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 06, 2018, 08:59:19 pm »

"An imposter? Me? No, that is false! I am the true ATHATH! You will bow before me!"

Oh this will be fun.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 07, 2018, 12:21:36 am »

"WELL, I SUPPOSE I SUCCEEDED. BUT SO MUCH FOR THE BINDINGS." Goatsby sits down outside the fractured summoning circle. "YOU'RE WELCOME, ATHATH- EVEN IF IT WAS AN ACCIDENT. NOW GO WREAK HAVOC AND FURTHER INDULGE YOUR WEIRD MUG FETISH."

Disappear to an isolated location in a cloud of mist.

((Sorry about the relatively late action, been quite busy.))
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 2:Doom Mug. (Turn 13)
« Reply #248 on: May 07, 2018, 10:26:57 pm »

Turn 13

now it's time for that retreatt and climb part. I want to jump down and ambush them as they move to try and chase me away.

1, 4-2 vs 1

You're unable to get back onto the damaged wall and the humans jump you while your back is turned. Even with this advantage, they can't get through your armor. They scream and run after you pull off a few of their limbs. A moment later, something above you hurts you. Sharp bolts stick out of your elytra.

The readability cops have probably fucked off at this point so I don't have to anger them at this point. Time for giant bug monster hunting!

4 vs 1-1

While the guards are distracted, you come up with a much more legible plan. You fire a couple bolts into the giant bug, leaving it bleeding.

-_-
WRECK THEM ALL. Destruction upon the unfleshed!
6 vs 1-1
-_-
F*CK SHELTER! HOLY NOVA! Massive pulse of holy power!
5-1(Magic sword-ATHATH attacking your powers-injuries) vs 5
Guide everyone to the gravediggers house for shelter except for those that decided to suicide charge despite being outnumbered by the undead horde. Use holy magic to protect them from the skeletons until we safely reach the house.

Remember to loudly announce that the skeletons are evil to get a bonus against them before rolling and guiding the group to shelter.

5, 6+2
Throw Plasma grenades at the skeletons!
If the skeletons will not be defeated, run inside the gravedigger's house.

1 vs 6, 3+1
Quote from: skeletons
(Attacking)
5 vs 6 against Aaron
(Init:Skeletons)

The Grail Mug notes that the battle seems hopeless, and so decides to help the willing innocents escape. The Mug successfully leads the adventurers and the cow to safety under a glorious holy light. The escapees immediately take up positions inside the gravedigger's modest house. An adventurer keeps watch at the door to save anyone who needs retreat.

Meanwhile, the skeletons close in as Aaron, Adam, and Anna eagerly prepare for battle. Adam's holy blast fizzles due to the distraction of a psychic battle with a reborn demonic threat. Anna throws plasma grenades into the horde, but a skeleton notices the gesture. It manages to pick up a grenade and toss it back at Anna. Anna dodges aside just enough to avoid getting turned into a pile of green goo, but is hurt badly. Her Pip-boy flashes a display of a cartoonish figure with a blinking head and leg. Anna escapes while her allies cover her.

Aaron however is tired of having such trouble with mere undead. He shifts to Ethereal Dragon Form, then activates Fire Dancer, and proceeds to lay into the skeletons with both his greataxe and the Dramei Warhammer. Also, he makes sure to continue being on fire. This does 120+80 physical damage times 2, 20+60+40 fire damage, and 20 arcane damage. 400 phys, 120 fire, and 20 arcane, assuming no resistances or 540 damage in one turn. He also makes sure to get +4 on this roll, to ensure he hits.

The point is, a bunch of the skeletons are now super dead.

But not all of them.

Call the town guards on this magical mystery man.
"I Suggest that you allow me to escape."

(Also, yes it is an OotS reference.)

(Cormac vs Vaarsuvius)2 vs 1
(Cormac calling guards:6

It's a near thing, but Cormac shrugs off the Suggestion spell this time. In response to his call, a bunch of confused guards rush in. They demand to know what's all this then.

Throw the Nausea Elixir I created at the other spider to distract it whilst I try to cut myself free from the web.

5 vs 3, 5

You successfully smash the bottle into the other spider's face. As it blinks and gags, you cut yourself free with a flourish. Your sword's reflection shines off the arachnid's black eyes as you get ready to fight an angry spider the size of a bear.

is this the sword I was searching for? If yes take it if not continue to the top floor. If unknown take it and continue to the top floor.

Unfortunately, it's just a normal, if nice, sword. The one you need is imbedded in the castle's throne. You pick it up and try heading upstairs. The staircase unfolds underneath you. You find yourself sliding rapidly down a chute before being deposited in a darkened chamber. This area is made of stone and flooded up to your ankles. The only light is a thin beam that follows you down the chute from the cracks in the ceiling above. You can hear something splashing around in the darkness.

"Fine, I don't need the help of these nonbelievers, I'll save the world from the milk based demons by my self!"

Go and find a holy sword and fill a bottle with holy water, then try and find out where Goatsby went.

6, 6

You don't need them. It's time for Harold Johnson, ROGUE PRIEST. You take a holy relic sword from the Church and snatch a bottle of holy water. This marks you as a thief, but a mere prison is nothing to fear compared to the threat of Milk. You take to the streets of Moorsburg. In the course of roughing up outlaws, avoiding capture, and other such adventures, you find clues relating to an insidious cult. Supposedly, they have a secret catacomb lair from which they launch their crimes. Before you can coerce your informant into giving you the location, you're forced to flee before a watchman with a hound can find you.

Search around for the leader of this town, try to find out what happened to the milk.

6,4-1

You search around for the village headsman. You find him, but what you consider merely the appropriate attitude for a Baron Von Baron dealing with his social inferiors offends the man. He tells you that the milk was stolen. Probably a thief did it.

"WELL, I SUPPOSE I SUCCEEDED. BUT SO MUCH FOR THE BINDINGS." Goatsby sits down outside the fractured summoning circle. "YOU'RE WELCOME, ATHATH- EVEN IF IT WAS AN ACCIDENT. NOW GO WREAK HAVOC AND FURTHER INDULGE YOUR WEIRD MUG FETISH."

Disappear to an isolated location in a cloud of mist.

((Sorry about the relatively late action, been quite busy.))

You look on as the demon you summoned enters the world and immediately begins telepathic arguments. Presumably, it has already found a few enemies. The ATHATH demon. You know from your studies that this creature is said to be a bringer of unprecedented milk-based destruction, typically involving giant mugs. Perhaps this would be a good time to find a safe distance. You close your eyes and concentrate for a moment. You open them to find yourself on a hilltop in a distant forest. Trees rise up behind you and a coastline is visible on the eastern horizon. A small black and white animal shuffles away in surprise.

Music.

"GREETINGS, MORTALS. WHO ARE YOU, AND WHY HAVE YOU RETURNED ME, THE GREAT AND POWERFUL ATHATH, DESTROYER OF WORLDS, TO THE TIMESTREAM?"

Ooh, it feels good to be back.

Is your character an OotS reference, The_Two_Eternities?
"WAIT."

"I SENSE A PRESENCE."

"THE PRESENCE OF..."

"AN IMPOSTOR!"

"FALSE ATHATH OF THE PATRON FALLACYOFURIST, SHOW YOURSELF. WHY DO YOU USE MY NAME?"

I knew this would happen, and I expected this was how, but I still think it was too soon.

Welcome back ATHATH, I'm still going to foil all your evil plans, so could you just align yourself with the unholy pail so I can kill two birds with one stone.
"AH, PATRON SMOKE MIRRORS. YOU YET LIVE, AND SO DOES PATRON IMIC. YOU SHALL NOT FOIL ME AGAIN. YOUR SERVANTS ARE WEAKER NOW, WHILE I HAVE NOT DIMINISHED IN STRENGTH. SHALL WE SEE WHAT THE FULL FORCE OF A REAL DEMON SHALL DO TO YOUR FRAIL, MORTAL MINIONS?"

Strip the demonic power from Smoke Mirror's character- it falls under MY domain now.
Yeah, no.

"Something you didn't notice ATHATH. Something none of you noticed. Adam Simmons IS Angelo and Diablo. Go ahead, read my backstory from the first game. I am the agent of Heaven and Hell. I am the warrior that has foiled your evil plans. I am no weaker, ATHATH. I am the same agent. I am the warrior Heaven and Hell have selected, so you have NO power over me!"

Hell's lawyers block ATHATH with a lawsuit, and Heaven uses holy magic to block ATHATH's evil spell.

Hello Adam.
Yeah, hello flesh bag Nephilim.
Who the Hell are you two?
Not quite.
Exactly!
Oh god, I think I know who you are.
I'm Angelo, the angel you are hosting.
And I'm Diablo, the demon that is using you as a host.
Oh joy, I should have expected these powers came at a cost. So, why are you talking to me now?
We've sensed a disturbance, a powerful demon force.
Yeah, and not a f*cking good one.
So, you need my help to deal with it?
Yes.
Unfortunatly.
It's a deal.

4 vs 4

ATHATH AND ADAM CONTACT EACH OTHER. ENEMIES FROM A WORLD THAT WAS, WILL BE, AND NEVER EXISTED MEET AGAIN ON A NEW BATTLEFIELD. HEAVEN AND HELL AND MORTAL SPEAK TRUTHS. A WAR BEGINS.

Not much happens this time though. ATHATH just sort of distracts Adam for a moment, without getting his powers.

The ATHATH summoned from a lost timeline and England's native ATHATH immediately sense each others presence. One world is not enough to abide two of these creatures. Inevitably, one of the worldkillers promptly tries to solve the dispute in the way they know best. High in orbit, an enormous Mug is born. Miles wide, it begins its meteoric fall directly toward the foreign ATHATH.

11 turns to apocalyptic DOOM MUG impact.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 2:Doom Mug (Turn 13)
« Reply #249 on: May 07, 2018, 10:49:06 pm »

"This is what comes of opposing me, the true ATHATH!"

While the DOOM MUG falls, work on summoning a rain of MINI-MUGS above the false ATHATH's position. Naturally they should explode.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 07, 2018, 11:46:48 pm »

I know a dramatic cue when I see one.
Accept my newfound heroic destiny. Use the advantage I created to fight that spider!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 11:54:54 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 08, 2018, 02:08:05 am »

"This is what comes of opposing me, the true ATHATH!"

While the DOOM MUG falls, work on summoning a rain of MINI-MUGS above the false ATHATH's position. Naturally they should explode.
"What in the Hells is this pathetic thing? It's got flaws all over it, and it doesn't even have a method of autonomous propulsion. Also, it looks ugly as sin. Here, let me turn it into a REAL DOOOOOOOOOM MUUUUUUUUG for you."

Improve the False ATHATH's DOOM MUG (he didn't even put more than two "o"s in its name) for him. Perhaps this can signal the start of an alliance or friendship (or a contest of DOOOOOOOOOM MUUUUUUUUUG improvement one-upmanship) between us.

Yeah, no.

"Something you didn't notice ATHATH. Something none of you noticed. Adam Simmons IS Angelo and Diablo. Go ahead, read my backstory from the first game. I am the agent of Heaven and Hell. I am the warrior that has foiled your evil plans. I am no weaker, ATHATH. I am the same agent. I am the warrior Heaven and Hell have selected, so you have NO power over me!"

Hell's lawyers block ATHATH with a lawsuit, and Heaven uses holy magic to block ATHATH's evil spell.

Hello Adam.
Yeah, hello flesh bag Nephilim.
Who the Hell are you two?
Not quite.
Exactly!
Oh god, I think I know who you are.
I'm Angelo, the angel you are hosting.
And I'm Diablo, the demon that is using you as a host.
Oh joy, I should have expected these powers came at a cost. So, why are you talking to me now?
We've sensed a disturbance, a powerful demon force.
Yeah, and not a f*cking good one.
So, you need my help to deal with it?
Yes.
Unfortunatly.
It's a deal.
"Ow. I think your edginess just gave me a paper cut."

"Also, I'm somewhat surprised that Heaven and the Hells have put aside their differences this quickly in order to join forces to assault me. What, do they have embassies with each other now?"

Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 08, 2018, 04:53:10 am »

Panic.
Uuuuuuhhhhhh
EVERYONE! THERE IS A GIANT DOOM MUG FALLING ON US! RUN AS FAR AWAY AS YOU CAN! I REPEAT, RUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!
Gather everything I own that I can carry, and run as far away as possible. Tuck the time machine blueprints and auxiliary controls into a very safe pocket.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 08, 2018, 05:22:54 am »

Oh look, a Dooooooom Mug.
Good thing we know how to deal with those.

To the rest of the party:Hey guys, can you handle these, I have to go stop my archenemy from destroying the world with a giant mug of milk.

Fly up into orbit near the DOOM MUG and banish the it and both ATHATHs to the elder plain.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 05:26:48 am by Smoke Mirrors »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 08, 2018, 05:36:24 am »

who shot me? Find them, grab em with my forelimbs, and give em a good thrashing to teach em not to mess with a giant beetle!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 53