Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Modded Battletech - Mission 1 Compete  (Read 4232 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Modded Battletech - Mission 1 Compete
« on: June 28, 2018, 05:47:56 pm »

I'm going to be doing a screenshot LP of modded sandbox Battletech. It'd be sort of a community game where forumites can claim Mechwarriors to customize and direct the skills on, give me direction on where to go and various important decisions to make in the game.

For anyone not aware of it, Battletech is a fairly new Turn-based adaptation of the classic table-top miniatures game. It's quite well done, and I've been having a blast playing it for the past few months.

People can choose pilots to claim. We are limited to 8 at the start (not including the Commander who I'll be running). But we can get more later as we upgrade our ship.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 10:43:01 am by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Interest in a Screenshot LP of Modded Battletech
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 05:19:39 am »

On one hand: yes
On the other: I want to play it first, and I need a better PC to do so, and I can't afford one right now, so I wouldn't be reading.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 08:18:47 am »

I'm always down for all things BT, so count me in!

I imagine the modded Sandbox would avoid most of the story content?Will be interested to hear more about the mods.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 09:38:24 am »

@Rince Wind - the Sandbox mod I'm using completely disables the campaign, so there should be basically no spoilers on that front.

@Knave - Here are the mods I'm using:

MekTek & BTModLoader - Used to dynamically load mods. Makes things *much* easier.
AdjustedMechAssembly - Mechs that are assembled from salvaged parts appear broken in the Mechbay and need time & money to bring to a usable state
AdjustedMechSalvage - Mechs now require 5 pieces of salvage instead of 3 to assemble. Salvage available is now dependent on limbs destroyed in combat, though coring a mech still leaves only 1. Mechs of ours destroyed are now actually destroyed and will become salvage (though we get all of it automatically).
ContractSort - Sorts the available contracts so that it is easier to read what is available
DropCostPerMech - There are now Operational costs for each mission. Heavier mechs cost more. (4-Assault lances should be used sparingly)
InjuriesHurtMod - Mechwarriors who are hurt suffer penalties to their abilites based on how hurt they are (both ours and AI).
InnerSphereMap - Expands the map to be the entire Inner Sphere instead of just a slice of the Periphery. Also changes the start location to be the Mercenary Board HQ planet in Lyran Commonwealth territory.
JB_SL_Era_Markets_120 - LosTech items are rarely available for purchase.
MechMaintenanceByCost - Mechs cost more the heavier they are
MeleeMover - The player can reposition to attack in melee the way the AI can
Meph's Balance Tweaks - Some of my own tweaks to the game jason files, mostly increasing the number of contracts available and the big one being a change to Braced which makes it only reduce damage/stability down by 33% instead of 50%.
NoCampaign - Removes the Campaign from the game, leaving it in Sandbox Mode
PunchinOut - Mechwarriors will now have a small chance to Eject if they think they are going to die soon. This goes for both AI and our own. I have it set to a max 10% chance right now to keep things balanced for salvage purposes. Still happens often enough to feel good without being too broken, at least based on my experiences so far.
RandomCampaignStart - You start with a random set of mechwarriors and mechs instead of the hardcoded set from the campaign. I still have it set to be 3 mediums and 2 lights, though.
RandomTravelContracts - Travel Contracts can now take you pretty much anywhere on the map instead of being breadcrumbs to take you to the next story mission. (Necessary since we don't have a story to follow)

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018, 06:42:01 pm »

I think there is enough interest. So I'll try to get started on this sometime in the next few days.

In the meantime, if people want to sign up for pilots feel free to do so. First 6 will get spots in the immediate roster, and we can add others later on.

I'll be claiming the commander.

We can decide as a group what we want the company name to be and what the logo will be. I'll post screenshots at some point of all the options the game gives us. Oh, and the 3 colors we want for our mech paint scheme (primary, secondary, and accent).

EDIT: Ok, got the new save up and running.

Spoiler: Mercs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Company (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mechs (click to show/hide)

Welcome to the Inner Sphere, folks!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 10:15:19 am by Mephansteras »
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Screenshot LP of Modded Battletech [Set-up]
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 10:39:34 am »

Decided to do a quick mission to kick things off.

Spoiler: Getting Started (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Drop (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mortal Combat! (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gunning for the Enemy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Careful Approach (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mopping up (click to show/hide)

And that's that. I'll probably try to streamline combats in the future, since most missions will take much longer than that, but we can see how things go.

We still have to decide for sure what our Company Name and Logo will be, and all of our regular Mechwarriors are still up for grabs.
Come play Mafia with us!

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modded Battletech - Mission 1 Compete
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 06:37:57 am »

I love that last battle screenshot with the exploding turret and the laser and the missiles in flight.

But I really want to play this for myself, not just for the story, for which I don't really have high hopes anyway, but also to learn what works and what doesn't.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2018, 09:19:52 am »

Ah. I get that. Though this modded set does change things a good bit as far as what works well and doesn't.
Come play Mafia with us!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2018, 07:24:30 pm »

I'll take Mr. Sand Wedge.  Looks like I aspire to pilot a Catapult!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2018, 11:45:21 pm »

Sure. Did you have any customizations you wanted to make?
Come play Mafia with us!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2018, 06:26:10 pm »

Long spikey hair with sunglasses, jumpsuit green.  Or whatever.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2018, 01:48:22 pm »

Long spikey hair with sunglasses, jumpsuit green.  Or whatever.

Don't think I can do glasses but I'll see what I can do for the rest. Any name/nickname changes?

I have been very busy lately, but I should have some time tomorrow to play.
Come play Mafia with us!

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2018, 02:23:21 pm »

Ah hey, this is pretty cool. This is a game I've not heard of so I'll be watching with interest. As for a suggestion for a Company name, how about The Moonlighters with that nice little moon symbol on page 4 of the catalogue?

Also, request to be brought in as a blonde soldiery looking fellow by the name of Birdvig Krauss. If there are any good ways to customize it, I wouldn't mind if his mech went heavy; either heavily armored, heavily armored, or heavy and ready to be right in the thick of it with a big, close range weapon. Whichever way fits your style!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2018, 02:48:11 pm »

Sure, we can do that. What Callsign would you want for your mechwarrior?

And as far as the mech style goes, we can do any of that. The Hunchback we've got is a good candidate for now, as it packs the biggest close range weapon in the game.
Come play Mafia with us!

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2018, 02:51:14 pm »

Sure, we can do that. What Callsign would you want for your mechwarrior?

And as far as the mech style goes, we can do any of that. The Hunchback we've got is a good candidate for now, as it packs the biggest close range weapon in the game.

If it's called the Hunchback, callsign Notre Dame sounds pretty good. : P
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses
Pages: [1] 2