Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33

Author Topic: Inkling Research Facility - Splatoon Arms Race (Spring, Year 3)  (Read 32061 times)

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Inkling Research Facility - Splatoon Arms Race (Spring, Year 0)
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2018, 06:23:12 pm »

The IPSC works because it's a part of the Bamboozler.
The Ink Tank isn't.
We could have the greatest Ink Tank in history and the only flaw of the Bamboozler that would be effected by it is the fact that it's Ink Inefficient, and that's only because it would have more Ink to be inefficient with.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2018, 06:25:51 pm »

....Hua.. This is the piping, not the tank. Why do you think it's the tank I'm talking about? Better piping affects everything we have. And will have.

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2018, 06:27:43 pm »

The Piping where?
The only complex piping we have is in the Tank.

Look, I'm not disputing that a better Ink Tank could be helpful. But we've already used a design on it and we don't want to specialize it towards the Bamboozler because we want to replace the Bamboozler with something not terrible as soon as we can.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2018, 06:29:31 pm »

I'm not arguing to specialize it to the bamboozler. Also, that is the complex piping. Which we don't need so complex with the SSS Protein Filters. So boosting the pressure and flow rate should help with everything we make from here on.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2018, 06:47:37 pm »

Um, given that the only thing using Super Sea Snail filters is the tank, I'm a bit puzzled on how you claim the Streamlined Pipes isn't a tank revision when the only thing it mentions that would tell me what it's supposed to be applied to is a part of the tank.

I mean, yes, a better tank would be better by definition, but going 'let us fix part of the tank' and then a post later 'why do you say I am talking about the tank' makes very little sense when I read it.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2018, 06:51:57 pm »

Pipes are used to connect the weapons as well, right? ...

Ink Tank / Valves / Pipes / Weapon / Sub-weapon / Special

Those are the different parts of a load-out, correct? And the Pipes are what connect everything together.

As an edit, I see the Ink Tank as what he was talking about, while I want the pipes streamlined so it takes less energy to move the ink from the tank to the weapon. As I see it, it's still a mess of engineering, with only the valves replaced, but nothing moved to streamline the pipe.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 06:56:16 pm by TricMagic »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2018, 06:56:53 pm »

I will simply leave it as you are not factually correct, and I do not understand where you got the idea that bits of the Ink Tank do not count as part of the Ink Tank. The Internal Systems of the Ink Tank is a viable thing to upgrade or otherwise adapt, but that would be an Ink Tank upgrade, not a not-Ink Tank Upgrade.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2018, 06:58:39 pm »

...?

Mess of wiring this thing is. All the systems are confusing.

Internal Systems Upgrade it is then. Though I don't get why emral thinks a change to a weapon counts as experience in other weapons.

Bullet list:

Boost the pressure, allow firing without charge, reduce charge time, in that order. Boosted pressure and quicker delivery of ink to the weapon should do something.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 07:04:38 pm by TricMagic »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2018, 08:17:02 pm »

Internal Systems Upgrade it is then. Though I don't get why emral thinks a change to a weapon counts as experience in other weapons.

Because performing upgrades to internal mechanical components provides us with experience in making better internal mechanical components- and experience with the internal mechanical components of weapons is particularly useful in making better internal mechanical components for weapons.

The quickcharge seems a very conservative design, which isn't exactly a bad thing, but I'd love a revolver style multi-cylinder upgrade for it. Still, the turn is long enough in the tooth that I'll get in bed with it.

Bamboozler Plunger Refiting: [1] testmen
Glitter Ink: [2] testmen, Emral282
Decal Kit: [1] TricMagic
Bamboozler Quickcharge: [3] testmen, Emral282, Draignean
Can we fix it?: [X1X] testmen
Streamlined Pipes: [1] TricMagic

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2018, 08:19:32 pm »

Bamboozler Plunger Refiting: [1] testmen
Glitter Ink: [2] testmen, Emral282
Decal Kit: [1] TricMagic
Bamboozler Quickcharge: [4] testmen, Emral282, Draignean, D7
Can we fix it?: [X1X] testmen
Streamlined Pipes: [1] TricMagic

Avanti!

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Inkling Research Facility - Splatoon Arms Race (Fall, Year 0)
« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2018, 12:18:09 am »

Revision : Bamboozler Quickcharge (Average Difficulty)
4+1 = 5: Average

Inkling Engineers are proud to announce a new 'Cartridge' system for the Bamboozler, adding a socket mount for a Cartridge flooded full of pressurized ink around one third the way down the Bamboozler, while also modifying the Bamboozler to have a simple switch that switches between normal firing and unleashing the ink within the pressurized cartridge. Inkantry have taken to carrying several of the cartridges with them to simplify their use, filling them (via a simple adaption of the sub-weapon feed of the Ink Tank) before combat so that they don't need to mess around with plugging the cartridges into their ink tank while in combat. It does take a few seconds to unscrew the currently mounted cartridge and re-input a new, full, cartridge however, preventing the use of more then one pre-charged shot per fight under normal circumstances. As well, the amount of ink in the cartridge is simply less then the amount of ink in a normal shot, an inescapable side effect of the cartridge being small enough to be usable, and the increased pressure of the cartridge does not completely make up for the lesser supply. Estimates are that a cartridge fed shot is around 85% of the range and power of a normal charged shot. But, on the other tentacle, it's a charged shot available now, when you need it, rather then available in a little bit...

Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inkling Armory (click to show/hide)

In Arowana Castle, high level talks between Inkling and Octoling leaders break down as Daimyo Octavio leaves in protest against what he refers to as 'continual Inkling callousness and mockery'. Tensions are up across the great island, and Inkling and Octoling find their days consumed with worry. Could the war that so many of the experts has claimed shall not come... be coming after all? Rumors abound of secret Inkling mobilizations, while a high level Octoling official, under a strict condition of anonymity, stated that 'no matter what Inkling treachery we face, with our new tools the Octoling people will stand forever supreme. I mean, have you seen what my guards are carrying these days?'. Unfortunately, that was when a bushel of Octoling Elite Agents burst into the room and forcefully ended the interview.

Your leaders estimate that minimal amounts of low level and unofficial skirmishing will have broken out by the end of Fall, and while Winter will put a temporary rest in things due to the, you know, cold and snow and all that dampening down everyone's enthusiasm for violence, they expect open and authorized combat to open up by the end of Spring. You are encouraged to hurry with your preparations, for time is limited. These peaceful days are nigh well over.

The Design Phase of Fall, Year 0 has begun.
Forenia Forever!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2018, 06:46:26 am »

Quote from: Votebox
Paint Roller: [1] TricMagic

Paint Roller - Main Weapon
Hey, hey, what if we took a big tube, put it horizontal on a frame, and feed ink from the frame into the tube.  We could, like, roll over the ground with paint, man.

Paint Roller- Main Weapon Schematic
A Plasti-Foam Tube that is connected to a central core tube horizontally. The Core tube pushes out ink into the Plasti-Foam when it is pressed against the ground and rolled, or when a button is pressed, covering everything it rolls over with ink.

The Weapon Shaft is a Single Flow valve and plastic tubing layered in hard Plastic. This is connected to the ink tank itself. The button to charge the Plasti-Foam with ink to sling is located on the haft, opening the valve.

Note: This is the old valve design, since it simply needs to flow a single direction, and lock when not painting.

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 28, 2018, 09:04:59 am »

Squizi
The ancestor to the modern shooter, the Squizi is the next step in Ink Weaponry. Its central feature being its Variable Charge System, the Squizi features 3-6 small chambers that can each store a separate charge. These chambers fill one by one while the trigger is pressed down and once the trigger is released the Squizi rapidly fires a shot for every chamber charged. It might be short ranged and Ink hungry, but its rapid charge, high burst ability, and relative ease of charging on the move make it a better weapon for close quarters fighting than the Bamboozler.
Squizi: [1] Emral282
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 09:10:01 am by Emral282 »

testmen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 28, 2018, 12:11:43 pm »

Rapid Superjump - Special Weapon
By feeding special energy built up in combat into... whatever let's a ling superjump, we can empower it, sharply reducing the charge time of the superjump to near instant and speeding up superjump transit time.  This means while the special is active, the user is massively more mobile and can rapidly move and respond to changes in the battlefield.

I'll wait for other poster to make designs before voting.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2018, 12:27:24 pm »

Squizi: [2] Emral282, TTE
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33