Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you even still reading this :P ?

Yes.
No, just passing by.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress +Papercrafts+ : Tales of Kudarkalur  (Read 72924 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress +Papercrafts+ : Tales of Kudalkalur
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2019, 09:57:23 am »

You've got some kind of duplication issue going in that last post... fun update tho!
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2019, 12:37:40 pm »

You've got some kind of duplication issue going in that last post... fun update tho!
Oh thank you, I missed that. Fixed! Next episode should be... Interactive.  ;)

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2019, 09:22:14 am »

The tribesmen were moving on. Duto was very uncertain after what he had seen and heard.
"Are you sure you want go without a stop?" asked Sutad Ostrixetan, the Alhohathur.
"We'll stop if it would be really necessary. But I don't want to lose a single day. Trust me, it's for the best."
"Do you think it'll be so simple? Getting quickly to Alhoñilun?" said Ibon. "Why did we departed so early in first place? We were supposed to visit..."
"Don't be so mad! There were plenty of omens, too much at one time, and that's not good."
"Listen to our Ñabsizcasser." said Sutad. "He knows what's he doing."

"Hey! I see someone!" shouted Ibon.

"It's a whole group!"

"This doesn't look good. They're armed." said Duto.
"If they wanna fight, they'll have it!" said Ibon. "There are five of them. We've got seasoned warriors, and a Kodolith! It would be risky for them to attack us!"
"They spotted us. We must face them now."
"Att...!"
"No. Just face to face. But be prepared."

When goblins saw the actual size of the caravan, they weren't so keen about banditry. Then they saw only four armed tribesmen, they were keen once more. That's the DF thought system, after all.
"Don't worry guys, you're armoured. I heard these tribesmen fight well, but look at them. Exploit their bare chests, and goodies will be ours." said the boss to rest of the goblins.
"They're drawing their weapons!" said Ibon.
"Then we'll attack. And hopefully we'll win!"

Duto started to dance and chant, the rest banged on the shields and chanted too.
"Aboopbirod! Sasir Strir! Sasir Ngira! Sasir Abozotho! Athroc Podkoru! Inut Curuk! Birod! Uthros! Abouthros Opnepe!"

Battle!
And that's where you come to play!
Your soldiers:
Ibon Taldeithrel, the Apucemir
Human Koseasi 1
Human Koseasi 2
Udma Thremlurakbin, the Kodolith
Duto's just dancer, I fear. But he'll keep your soldiers furious, and he'll demoralize the goblins with his voice. As the goblin boss said, wounds are fatal for your warriors. Tribesmen rely on blocks, dodging and parries, that's part of their culture.  :)
How is it played? Just write orders, what actions do you want to do. You can use rocks on the map, llama spit artillery - whatever! Be creative!
And always remember - losing is fun!  :D
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 02:17:01 am by Quaksna »

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2019, 12:01:46 am »

No tips? Everyone is by rival "Losing is Fun", gladly navigating kea man to victory.  >:( What marketing trick should I use...
But I see you guys there, in the active user list! You won't hide from me!
Hey, just tell me if it's better to let you participate, or if I should continue the battle myself. I know I am hey yeah impatient, but still. I need more happy thoughts. More!!!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 01:31:48 am by Quaksna »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress +Papercrafts+ : Tales of Kudarkalur
« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2019, 07:16:15 am »

Oh. Fight! Hm.

Four soldiers: Stick together like glue. Isolate individual goblins, quickly cripple them with shots to the legs and feet, and dodge away to cripple the next goblin. Once all goblins have been disabled in this way, start looking for killshots. Stay mobile, and actively dodge/block/parry any incoming attacks-- whatever you're best at. If one soldier's looking Tired, move forward and support him so he can fall back to recover.

Civilians: Grab rocks, throw rocks. If you can't throw rocks, throw mud. Just be careful not to hit your guards.

Dancer: That singing thing sounds useful, I suppose. Do it at safe distance from the fight proper, though.

I'm not very creative... but howzat?

klonk
Sigtext

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2019, 07:19:57 am »

Oh. Fight! Hm.

Four soldiers: Stick together like glue. Isolate individual goblins, quickly cripple them with shots to the legs and feet, and dodge away to cripple the next goblin. Once all goblins have been disabled in this way, start looking for killshots. Stay mobile, and actively dodge/block/parry any incoming attacks-- whatever you're best at. If one soldier's looking Tired, move forward and support him so he can fall back to recover.

Civilians: Grab rocks, throw rocks. If you can't throw rocks, throw mud. Just be careful not to hit your guards.

Dancer: That singing thing sounds useful, I suppose. Do it at safe distance from the fight proper, though.

I'm not very creative... but howzat?

And so good old Superdorf saved my sanity again...  :) Your request has been taken into consideration.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2019, 08:54:41 am »

What you need is to create a situation where you can surround the enemy. So my idea :

Three soldiers move between the two rocks with shields raised and defend the chockepoint. In the meantime, another soldiers protecting a group of civilians will sneak behind the assaulting goblin group and surround them. When the surround is complete, switch the soldiers to full attack mode and suppress the enemy like that. The civilians are here to "make mass" more than to inflict damage, but if we don't fight unfairly, we'll accumulate a lot of unneccessary casualties. Civilians get rocks, hit with rocks if possible, and if it is not focus on dodging while the armed men do the wetwork.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2019, 12:41:49 pm »

Warriors sticked to themselves, and were ready to push the enemy, while Duto climbed on a rock for sake of good sound.
Goblins ran to this four-men army, and attacked, yet every blow was parried or blocked.

Udma, trained in surprise blows, drew his large bronze dagger.
Udma Thremlurakbin strikes the Goblin Axeman in upper body, tearing the Muscle And bruising the right lung!
Goblin Axeman has trouble breathing!
Ibon Taldeithrek tries to slash Goblin Swordsman 1 but the slash is deftly parried with -bronze scimitar-!
Human Koseasi 1 stabs Goblin Swordsman 2, but the shot is blocked with palm shield!
Goblin Spearman stabs the Human Koseasi 2, but the shot is blocked with -oak shield-!

Goblin Axeman stumbled backwards, falling to ground.
"Not a while ago human tribesman attacked me. It's terrifying."
Goblin Boss, apparently some skilled martial artist, tried to kick and pummel Udma, but he dodged everything. Yet he dodged out of the formation, so they were now trying to hit eat other few steps from the main battle. (In fact, that was the flanking plan, but goblins didn't realize)

The whole formation fell apart just a while later, with every tribesman picking a goblin to fight.
Ibon found truly worthy fencing opponent. Udma was no better. Koseasi 2 managed to hit the Goblin Spearman, but it glanced away from the iron breastplate. The second swordsman was really frustrated under chanting Duto, he let his guard down for a moment and was stabbed in chest.

Axeman succumbed to his wounds, goblins were scattered. Goblin Swordsman 2 was hit again and he lost hold of his iron scimitar. Udma is slowly dragging the struggle with boss in other direction. Goblin Spearman stopped fighting with Koseasi and turned towards Ibon, with treacherous thoughts in his mind. Duto jumped down from the rock, chanting on the ground, what made interesting effect of pushing the whole battle back.

Koseasi stabbed the swordsman for the last time, rendering him immobile. Goblin Boss seems to have realized what Udma is trying, so he blocked the path. But goblin immorality should not be underestimated.
Goblin Spearman stabs Ibon Taldeithrek from behind, tearing the muscle! An artery was opened by the attack!
"Ack..."
The remaining goblin swordsman now raised his arm, ready to struck Ibon down.

Now that's a situation, isn't it?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2019, 01:28:37 pm »

Welp, Ibon's dead. Unless...

Llamas! Artillery fire! NOW!

klonk
Sigtext

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2019, 06:20:19 pm »

Welp, Ibon's dead. Unless...

Llamas! Artillery fire! NOW!
+1 to the idea of llamas in general. Very territorial animals, you know.
One wheel short of a wagon

Juc

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • vKontakte
« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2019, 10:46:18 pm »

Nice and clean imho. Good job!  :)
There can be no bystanders in the battle for survival. Anyone who will not fight by your side is an enemy you must crush.

+++ Scriptorus Munificantus +++

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2019, 04:42:08 am »

"Why did we stop?" thought the llama. "I do admire this nice highland. I don't admire these green guys. They're beating the tan guys. I do admire the tan guys, they pasture me by nice chewy grass. But I don't spit on guys. What should I do then?"
After having a monologue over values with itself, from pure hatred towards goblins, the llama formed a spit.
Llama spits!
Llama misses!
The spinning stone hit The Goblin Swordsman to the head, bruising the skin!

The swordsman tumbled backwards. Spearman was confused, with spits flying here and there, Koseasi swiftly stabbed him to leg, trough his leather greaves.
Duto stopped chanting warsongs, he helped Ibon out of battle, intensely muttering Onbirreloth.
The second Koseasi hit the Spearman in the arm.

Swordsman is again back on his feet, struggling with two Koseasi.
"Where are reinforcements when I need them?" yelled the Boss.

All of the goblins were now pretty much crippled, except the boss. He quickly dodged to the path they came and shouted: "I won't fall to your filthy hands, I won't!"
"Let him be." said Duto.
"But he said something about reinforcements!" said Sutad. "We're in danger!"
"He has yielded. No need to fight. We're not bloodlusted beasts."

Slash.
"Rudslazugsmes!"
The Goblin Boss fell to the ground.

"Okay, bind him." said Duto. "And those weapons, leather, shields, armor - take it."
"Ngopex on those goblins!" said Ibon. He coughed blood.
"Bring here some large cloth! We need to make bandages, this is awfully bad wound... You okay, Ibon?"
"I hope so." He then turned to the goblin boss. "If we were like you, I would chop you with one mighty chop, goblin! You're lucky we aren't that bad!"
Llamas took opportunity and they were spitting while in range. But they soon left, after picking as much loot they could afford at the moment.

Boss was bound, staring at his men giving into pain. Then he saw other figures incoming.

Pale, armored warriors, they came to each lying goblin, touching him with their curved pale blades. Goblins took a last breath. Boss was shocked.

"Ngorubnestro, harbingers of death? I thought those reside in Bagsnubsmata, Alsmustspås. The legends say so!"

One of the pale warriors came to boss.

He looked at him, then they turned and went away. Boss tried to shook off the rope, but it wasn't very easy.

When goblin boss managed to unbound himself (falling into river in the process), tribesmen were far away.

"Hey, goblin! I know you!"

"Osle! First tribesmen have beaten us to the ground, then Ngorubnestro came, and now it's this toad again!"
"Ngorubnestro came? Well yeah, that's bad. Tribesmen have beaten you to the ground? That's great, where did they go?"
"Ustspuostam, I won't tell you! I don't hopefully know."

"That's okay, I would not trust a goblin anyway. Good morning!"

"Ösnasnam, what now? I must gather the rest, go back to fort, and pillage some settlement. That's solution for all problems!"
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 01:32:17 am by Quaksna »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2019, 07:08:57 am »

Woohoo!

When all else fails... "Rule of Funny" comes to the fore.

klonk
Sigtext

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2019, 07:18:24 am »

We should do these battles more frequently, shouldn't we?
But now, some citizens still wait to be named!
For better conception, here you go close-up portraits, at least those of the tribesmen.
- Can weave and sew well
- Animal caretaker
- Tatloshzat
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 10:00:04 am by Quaksna »

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 14, 2019, 12:08:42 pm »

I'll be quite busy now during the Easter, so again, expect some delay regarding episodes in the season... I would like also to craft some scenery, I am tired of working with the same old grass and rocks, so that's another delay, however, for the sake of quality.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19