Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: [44.12] Meph's ☼Warlock Tower☼ - V1 - Be more evil!  (Read 23885 times)

Wyzack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Meph's ☼Warlock Tower☼ - V1 - Be more evil!
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2020, 10:52:24 pm »

It is certainly scratching the old warlock itch for me though. Skeletons getting buffed but also being more difficult to make now (needs a sapient soul so you can't just make em out of dead dingos exclusively anymore) is a nice touch, but the rickety nature of DFHACK means that producing them is a little slow. Just trundling into year two and slowly growing our hordes. Bone soliders shooting bone bolts from bone crossbows from the battlements of our tall purple ethereal fortress is as excellent as ever, can't wait to get invaded. Once I get a second skeleton squad for melee ill start sending them on raids

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2020, 12:20:29 pm »

The potion making seems to accept any plants, try stockpile profiles to only use the new shrooms. Sorry for that.

Flying imps would cause all sorts of problems, but I might be able to make the accept not wearing clothes. They still could, but would take less emotional damage. I don't want to make them completely lacking emotions.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2020, 12:35:51 pm »

If you set their bashfulness trait very low, they "dont feel anything" from not wearing clothes, which has been my solution for soulless people etc.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2020, 12:38:21 pm »

Yeah, that was my thought for it ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2020, 02:14:34 pm »

Out of curiosity, what would be the issue with flying imps?
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2020, 02:25:16 pm »

Out of curiosity, what would be the issue with flying imps?

Pathing, and that flying sentients almost never fly, and when they're spawned from the air off map into your map, they can't find their way to the ground typically as a annoying caveat of things like tavern visitors.

Wyzack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2020, 02:46:43 pm »

Any ideas for workarounds on the blood extraction? I assume if I make a warlock a vampire he will need to drink it but I have no way to stock a supply

chilller6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2020, 02:52:24 pm »

maybe have the aether gate use a magic skill? i want to use it heavily its just that they all spawn with no quality and all rooms end up being meager

ive also found that the gargoyle maker takes high value boulder such as platinum nuggets even though they are restricted to only ore of platinum

forbidden beasts pets bought from caravans or at embark seem to be hostile to some of my warlocks but not all(my steward gets chased but my keeper of knowledge can pasture the beast back with no problems), and also to all visitors or monster slayers.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 08:10:28 pm by chilller6 »

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2020, 01:55:14 am »

maybe have the aether gate use a magic skill? i want to use it heavily its just that they all spawn with no quality and all rooms end up being meager

Even if they had a quality, ethereal items still have no value whatsoever, so even a masterwork one still wouldn't help. I used ethereal stuff for all my furniture anyways and just made up the difference with a bunch of statues.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2020, 01:05:49 pm »

The summoned items are supposed to have no value. But you can still encrust them in gems or band them with metals.

JasperTheUpset

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2020, 04:01:58 am »

Its been almost a year in my fort and my elves and humans produce babies just fine, but my dwarven/kobold livestock still hasnt produced a baby yet, what gives? do I need a nest box for kobolds? What do I need for Dwarves?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2020, 11:55:35 am »

They should breed like the others, I definitely have seen their kids in my test forts.

JasperTheUpset

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2020, 05:35:58 pm »

I think the skeleton cook profession sprite is a bit messed up, it's cut off a bit on the right side and has wrap around from another sprite https://i.imgur.com/Zd7urzt.png

Also I cant seem to resurrect certain servents at the necromantic monument, elves instantly despawn but humans seem to pop out just fine. Though I cant appoint corrupted humans to the overlord position, if all of my warlocks die, do I just have to start over?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 12:18:54 am by JasperTheUpset »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2020, 07:45:24 pm »

Oh, the text file for the skeletons might be one number off. What type of skeleton was it?

If all warlocks die, yeah, that should be it. Can't make more and your servants fall to the ensured chaos without nobles.

I'll test the elves. :)

JasperTheUpset

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2020, 11:04:42 pm »

It was a human skeleton. Also sorry if I'm reporting a lot of issues, one last thing, I've been training a squad of skeletons for about 3 seasons and none of them have developed skills past dabbling, save for some of them being better at dodging. That and they all just have the status "Individual training/Resting" constantly, turning off resting for the barracks does nothing, and no matter how long they rest they're always tired. Disabling all labors and having them on inactive just means they "train/rest" in their free time instead of sleeping in a bed or anything related to 'resting'
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5