Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 409572 times)

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game
« Reply #1965 on: April 29, 2022, 02:12:16 am »

Thats a lot of gremlins

In fort mode I noticed the majority of workers I could request from those hillock that spawned had no names or weird names. Could they be gremlins that you guys imported? I didn't actually try.

I also took zero screenshots during adventure mode. Will try to post the last part tonight

One of those villages was founded by a gremlin and a group of turkeys. Some of the others have a lot of humans, those could explain the weird names?

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: April 29, 2022, 01:44:56 pm »

Those gremlins are getting around…
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: April 29, 2022, 02:04:16 pm »

Damn, if I had requested them as workers I could have inducted gremlins into my workforce and Dwarven civilization proper! Missed opportunities because I was concerned their unnamedness implied they could cause the game to crash because the save had corrupted their unit files and lost their names.

I wrote like a paragraph last night, ran into writers block and distractions. Will do more tonight
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: April 29, 2022, 03:38:52 pm »

Well in regards to wierd names, meet the hand of planegifts called hand of planegifts. A wandering peasent.
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: April 29, 2022, 03:48:19 pm »

Those gremlins are getting around…

Damn, if I had requested them as workers I could have inducted gremlins into my workforce and Dwarven civilization proper!

It's really not much of a gremlin invasion yet, these are the populations of the new villages, with the only gremlin highlighted, from the world_sites_and_pops file:

1667: Sazirurist, "Bridgedaggers", hillocks
   Owner: The Perfect Spear, dwarves
   Parent Civ: The Walled Dye, dwarves
   2 elves
   6 dwarves
   2 cavies
   1 chicken
   1 dog
   3 reptile men
   1 turkey
   1 peregrine falcon
   5 horses
   7 alpacas
   2 giant leopards
   1 rhesus macaque
   1 giant dingo
   2 donkeys
   1 red panda
   1 yak
   1 water buffalo
   2 goats
   3 cows
   1 kestrel
   1 giant raven
   1 giant black bear
1668: G¢smerletmos, "Umbralcobalt", hillocks
   Owner: The Rampart of Play, dwarves
   1 dwarf
   49 humans
1669: RŒsenatul, "Coalford", hillocks
   Owner: The Treasury of Equivalence, dwarves
   1 gremlin
   37 turkeys
   7 geese
   1 two-humped camel
   1 gorlak
   1 armadillo man
   8 dog outcasts
1670: KolocŒg, "Wheeldells", hillocks
   Owner: The Playful Wheel, dwarves
   1 dwarf

That one gremlin is one of the eleven that exist in the world that have been properly integrated in dwarven society because it applied for citizenship in Mischieflaws.
A bit more effort will be needed to integrate more gremlins into society, and to get them to marry and multiply.

I'm currently running a game of my own where I have integrated a small number of gremlins into a fortress, and then expelled all the dwarves. Gremlin fortress!
It is a nightmare. The gremlins are too tiny too wield axes or picks so I can't get any work done. They are exceptionally useless at everything. They obviously also can't defend themselves in a fair battle. It is a fun exercise to find other means of survival.
I'll have to go full gremlin on this, lots of traps and levers.. 
Also because of some infuriating bug, the game considers any door a gremlin walks through as "taken by an invader" so I can't close any doors in the fortress.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 04:05:25 pm by Bralbaard »

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: April 30, 2022, 03:01:28 pm »

Holyblood Log - 20th of Timber 876

I awoke from more troubling dreams, the coming of the first millennium of the new age approaches and spells with it disaster. I dreamed of a world flooded with goblins, a great beast feasting on them from the depths. I fear the goblins' dark influence will come for me, especially after what they did to Bralbaard. They say that Bralbaard is dead, spreading word of goblins slaying the old king with ease. I know differently, they did something to him, he is still there. All those who “died” in the angry onslaught of monsters are different. Spectures, ghostly figures who merely wander the lands, akin to lost souls. I sought to remedy this.

I headed to the museum to read up on current affairs and dig through the previous exhibits. I sought the star charts but was rewarded by secrets thought to be lost, Uncanny death documented The secrets of the unholy evil. Glloyd had concealed the secrets and for all the adventurers that have come and gone no one else has thought to read it.

It was during this reading I had a sudden realisation, the overlap, the matching details and the connections. Drawing from teachings taught rituals, incantations and secrets. I combed through the rest of the literature in boltspumpkin to further my knowledge. It was then I came across a document from the blind sadist. It details his research on the slabs and where to find it. For a rotten Ala worshiper it seems we a kindred slab seekers. It appears I have just learned a secret he didn't know. Seems the details on roastfierce are inaccurate I have been unable to locate the slab after searching through all the exhibits. I plan to head south and return to my tower in progress at falsetower with a few stops on the way.

Notes:
Restoration spell

Reagents - Ichor of the caster, lapis lazuli, honey
What else?
What else? Gremlin tears?

ooc: writing this from notes on my phone as I'm away currently. So apologies for typos or errors.

Drunken scholar

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: April 30, 2022, 07:33:27 pm »

Haha, I like it.

It is true, Moldath craves to consume all the knowledge of Orid Xem. As you will know, there are twelve secrets from twelve slabs, and Moldath currently has learned nine of them. Of the three remaining, only one is lost forever... thrown into a volcano many years ago, and leaving behind as far as I know no other manual or scroll.

"Uncanny Death" is a manual written by Glloyd Ancientborn the Round in 727. It concerns the secrets of life and death. All crafsmanship is of the highest standard.

The thing is... Glloyd only knows one type of necromancy, the ability to raise Gaunt Corpses. Moldath learned that particular secret from "My Thoughts On Sleep", by the wolfman were-jackal Desli Wanedhummed the Beautiful Intricacies, in 826...

That accursed scorpion still has a bit of catching up to do! :D

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: May 01, 2022, 10:55:49 pm »

Here it is. More writting soon.
https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15899

Drunken scholar

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: May 02, 2022, 08:15:28 am »

Holyblood Log - 23rd of Timber 876

I finally reached cogs old stomping ground, from reading the journals of Shieldtempest this was where the fragrant burials were found. I'm hoping to search the tower and come across any knowledge that remains.

No luck seems Shieldtempest took all the records from and the slab from this place, all he left was The Dwarf, My Love; a masterful story of forbidden love and tragedy, nothing of use here. However I have managed to put most of these poor creatures out of their misery. To think these fragments once constituted people and animals. Most of them are still blinding waiting on their master to give them orders. Some remember and yearn to return, some crying and some enraged. Some of them ran and hid. But most of them are no more. A pity to think these were once fragments of humans, dwarfs and a goblin. No matter, I'm sure someone else will put them out of their misery eventually. Onwards to Ashcinders.

Holyblood Log - 26th of Timber 876

Had to take a break to replenish but I finally made it to Ashcinders, a well crafted and armed fortress with a speciality in metal crafts I do believe. Certainly had a fine selection of weapons to look at. I headed toward the lower depths and found an artifact vault. Sure enough there was a back room with Fatalurn the Hag of Dying and The Putrid Juice. But something was amiss. The long corridor looked too good, so I sent the ibex I had tamed first and sure enough it was trapped. Not a surprise but nothing my many limbs couldn’t carefully maneuver through.

The knowledge the two slabs gave to me has started to fill the gaps in my knowledge, and new connections have formed. I must recover them all. But for now I have enough to restore Bralbaard. The vessel for this shall be Drunken Flaxen and all the ingredients should still be available at falsetower. My tower.

Holyblood Log - 5th of Opal 876

It was going so well. The Lapis was shaped, the honey was poured correctly, the gremlin tears were salty enough. I had even used some of his teeth and of course blood-red cinnabar. I must be missing a piece. It would have worked. I cut my stump and poured my ichor into the coffin, I spoke the words and it was working. The ingredients began to coalesce, the ingredients began to shape his new body, he spoke through strained red raw flesh. But the spell grew unstable and it began zapping the sides of the tower, blocks crumbing. It then struck Zokus cage and the Ettin's once glazed over eyes suddenly regained their once lost hue and with renewed strength he ripped himself out of the cage. He used his powers and slammed me against the wall. He then turned his attention to the regenerating Bralbaard. Breaking his body and feasting on the energy that remained. The ettin escaped, still damaged but with renewed vigor. Bralbaard was broken once more. His head severed from the body. I placed his remains into Drunken Flaxen and made plans to head north. It's time this hero finally rested.

Ammendment - Drunken Flaxen is missing from herograves so either some fiend has stolen his remains or he was not truly dead yet?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 08:20:35 am by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: May 02, 2022, 02:20:21 pm »

Surprised at how quickly turns can arrive when they seem so far away! I'll begin tonight or tomorrow.
I've lost control of my life.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: May 02, 2022, 04:10:33 pm »

9029 kills you absolute mad man.

Looks like you also killed Queen Ral of the Staff of Kissing, you evil dwarfslayer!

SOMEONE MUST STOP THIS EVIL SCORPION MENACE!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 04:27:04 pm by kesperan »

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: May 02, 2022, 04:40:23 pm »

Holyblood Log - 22nd of Opal 876

A long endless journey north, through the empty tundra. I came towards a shrine, a good resting place and perhaps some adventurers lost loot. Oh it certainly was a find. Mysteries of Bereavement detailed the secrets of Fatedpusses, another slap I sought, it was claimed to be in Boltspumpkin like roastfirece but it was nowhere to be found. It was certainly a development. But that wasn’t the best part. It seems we have necromancer corpses with souls still clinging to them. They will certainly be useful for the future.

Headed further north and arrived in Stockadeoutrage, just the place i sought. Another slab was here and in the hands of a filthy Ala worshiper. I was approached by Vucar Axesafety, she asked what I was planning on doing here. Seemed she was familiar with me and knew I wasn't called Sazir. She wanted to be queen, but it turns out an Ala worshiper was an evil and cruel leader, who would have guessed. Vucar had a lead on another dark artifact, I happily agreed. Ral was alone on the surface, asked to borrow the slab and she happily agreed. When I was returning it, it seems my stinger accidentally jabbed her leg. She fell to the floor in pain, they called out for medical dwarves to help the queen, I reassured them I knew what i was doing, after all i'm a master surgeon. Unfortunately Ral didn't make it, somehow her upper spine broke as she fell. I would have revived her but I didn't think she would want that. Vucar was crowned the new queen and told me that an dwarf had spotted a bear man carrying a similar slab, Queen Ral had asked the dwarf to follow him. He was in Waterdeeps.

Black bear man, could it be Arcturus. It would explain what he has been up to since I raised him, no one else had spotted him since then. Additionally a necromancer slab which one. Two are destroyed, two are in Boltspumpkin apparently, two are in Ashcinders, i have one kept hidden, Ral had one. This leaves the four lost slabs. Dustbone the Fated Oblivion and Shadowbury, both slabs whoms knowledge I already knew thanks to some of their writing existing both lost with Bil Hammertome. Stabbedwring, which appears to have the least documented information of it, not even Moldath knows much of it and lastly The Fragrant Burial, which is lost along with all of the vast majority of cogs writing to Mr Shieldtempest.

Holyblood Log - 24th of Opal 876

Arriving at Waterdeeps, instantly ran into a not so undead bear man, it turns out his name was Ahang Matchlabor, a lovely guy. Let me read Stabbedring, it seems he hasn’t even read it either. Another piece of the grand puzzle comes together, just three more I seek but each one mocked me. Roastfierce, hidden in Boltspumkin somewhere, even the blint sadist knew the knowledge of this one. I am sure once he learns about Stabbedwring he would seek it, he two seems to have issue with the other two. All of The Fragrant Burials writing died with Shieldtempests, being in the wild so long it's doubtful that they even will be found. Lastly, The Certain Urns, no known writing exists and Bil Hammertone destroyed it. I need time to think about my situation. Thankfully I am near my favorite place.

OOC: I planned 10k but with saturaday out of action it would take to long so i wrapped up early.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 04:44:02 pm by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: May 02, 2022, 06:59:13 pm »

Holyblood Log - 2nd of Granite 877

I finally arrived at Splashbeige and met my good friend Afe Sparkledfill, we caught up, she once again was caught up in her research, read all the books available and gave her some new ones. Interesting information, it seems the blind sadist has been up here. He has my hand now, interesting. Will have to keep an eye on him. For now I have set my sights on resting in Lancesavage for a while.

Holyblood Log - 16th of Granite 877

Two weeks to recharge and I'm ready to go, I have taken on a new identity, the astronomer Tonpa Peacenuts. I have plans to make claim to some new land Sombershovels seems like a good start.

Holyblood Log - 6th of Slate 877

I have arrived at Passionspirals, from my research this is the home of The Certain Urns. I have learned a lot here, Genam Riddleddressed wrote about a lot. A pity it wasn’t about the secrets of The Certain Urns, will have to comb through these tomes, books and scrolls again. But it had given me two leads for the secret. Two apprentices that left the tower according to the documents, the best lead was Peklod Theatershowered, he moved around a lot and seemed to have moved to Paintedhopeful, after he was inspired by the music of Xuspgas Splatteredhorror. Ironically he was a goblin I killed over 20 years ago. But it sounds like he was still inspired to write, perhaps he might have written the secrets down. Another was Innu Velvetstood, he seems to have also been absent from the tower's demise.

Addendum: My little friend has told me that Innu is alive, I wish I could get him to start writing but my blood hibernation is taking hold. Will have to lure him out.

Holyblood Log - 7th of Slate 877

The team is starting to come together, just found my second candidate in Tongstreat. The old tomb, turns out a certain soul is begging to return to life. I think Thomo Releaseddrinks the Crazed will make a fine addition to the team.

Holyblood Log - 8th of Slate 877

Largetempest another tower dedicated to the secrets of The Certain Urns, less hopeful of a place but it was worth a shot. This tower has had many of its books removed. Of what remained, none of them details the secrets of the slab. I wonder if Ancientknowledge has any of those secret books. I never read those ones, plus I hear it's a necromancer's paradise. If you can find the way in ofcourse.

Holyblood Log - 9th of Slate 877

NO, it's not here. I wiped out the entire site and read all the writing, no secrets. That human Xuspgas got himself killed by a drawbridge. A DRAWBRIDGE OF ALL THINGS. Needless to say this is a dead end. Will bring these books to Boltspumpkin, put them in one of the towers and read them all again. I must have missed something.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 07:13:16 pm by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: May 03, 2022, 05:55:49 am »

9029 kills you absolute mad man.

Looks like you also killed Queen Ral of the Staff of Kissing, you evil dwarfslayer!

SOMEONE MUST STOP THIS EVIL SCORPION MENACE!
Oh dear god. I just did a calculation of how many notable kills there have been in the major Museum games so far. Over the course of these games, we've killed about 16502 notable historical figures, assuming no miscounts in the adventurer tables and excluding non-historical kills. Avolition Holyblood is responsible for 9029 of those deaths, so about 55% (rounding up). So not only has he killed more people than literally any other character (and potentially any other histfig) in the history of the Museum, he's killed just over half of everyone who has ever died by an adventurer's hand.

All hail the evil Scorpion War-God, I guess?

(Other than that, loving the story, AvolitionBrit! Interested to see how this develops further, and here's to getting even more kills in the future).
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 02:27:14 pm by Quantum Drop »
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: May 03, 2022, 08:03:40 am »

Holyblood Log - 12th of Slate 877

It seems the recent boom in gremlins has been caused by a mysterious stranger. I have my suspicions on who that is. But I'm not sure what they are planning.  I need a little friend on the inside as I'm sure they will come in handy. Gave her a great boon now all she has to do is go around and be my eyes when mine are not looking.

Holyblood Log 14th of Felsite 877

How interesting, I came across a band of goblins when I happened across a corpse but not just any corpse. A certain penguin researcher, seems a goblin beat her to death. Brought her back and she seemed grateful. She agreed to be a researcher for my organisation. Told her to meet me in Lawtaker. She will eventually be assigned somewhere to further my research. Currently torn between my elven friend or Anceintknowledge. For now she has plenty of time to tell me what she knows.

Holyblood Log - 23rd of Felsite 877

I brought the necromancers to Falsetower, brought them back and hopefully they can start helping me find the lost secrets. They owe me for bringing them back after all. Hopefully like a damaged book, these necromancers can piece together the lost pieces.

Drunken scholar
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 263