Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: Music Creation Thread  (Read 55023 times)

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
Re: Music Creation Thread
« Reply #120 on: February 12, 2022, 08:11:03 am »

Oh yah so I finally posted my new track on my YouTube!

So I've been recovering from my SSD failure (could not get it repaired, it would have cost $2000-$2500 which I can't afford). I had a couple not-entirely-finished tracks that I had to sort of haphazardly finish by editing the WAV files since I lost the project files. It's been such tedious work but fortunately I've been able to get them mostly fixed up and close to release ready. Hard to lesson to learn!
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 12, 2022, 08:19:53 am »

Approved  :)

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 20, 2022, 09:29:01 am »

So I tried making a fantasy theme song, turned into a little mini-medley, but ultimately contained it within the recurring motifs so it's not too disjointed.

Here it is, the main theme is between 0:45-1:05. Hope y'all enjoy!

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 22, 2022, 02:59:01 am »

So I tried making a fantasy theme song, turned into a little mini-medley, but ultimately contained it within the recurring motifs so it's not too disjointed.

Here it is, the main theme is between 0:45-1:05. Hope y'all enjoy!
Nice! Definitely puts me into the fantasy mood. I really like the main theme, and the part at 1:33 is a neat changeup - really strong motif there imo, with a bit of a combat feel.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

hedgerow

• Bay Watcher
  • You're Thunderclappin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 26, 2022, 07:45:10 pm »

« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 09:36:30 pm by hedgerow »

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 27, 2022, 08:55:33 am »

Titled 'horror'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--upaYPue7k

That was quite nice! Would definitely fit as some ambient background track, has the mood.

hedgerow

• Bay Watcher
  • You're Thunderclappin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 27, 2022, 11:59:07 am »

Titled 'horror'.

That was quite nice! Would definitely fit as some ambient background track, has the mood.

Totally free use.  Was thinking 'Space Odyssey' or somesuch nonsense.

BikeRacks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 27, 2022, 03:41:45 pm »

Titled 'horror'.

Sweet, kind of has a metroid feel to it to me.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 08, 2022, 12:47:22 pm »

PTW! I'd love to be able to compose. Currently trying to self-teach myself the keyboard. Once I've developed that somewhat I'll focus on composition.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 26, 2022, 08:47:19 am »

Did some stuff in the meantime.

First there is Ani Stamkolle, a song about a DF hero based off a character I read about in Legends Viewer, with an exceptionally crazy life.

Then there is Upon the Brim of Doom, a little play on the motifs from Man's Calling trying to invoke a tense atmosphere. Known themes with a twist, as if parts of the same soundtrack.

Lastly I revisited my old work, Kevekiii Kawavaka, and made an enchanced version of it, now performed by a different frog nation, the kvaksas with their signature instruments, heard in Takvu Torake and Qálkr koqelev, with a valekka text - a recitation or a chant sung by monastic kvaksulu societies, contemplating the secrets of life, the order of the world and morality. Though this is quite a departure from the simple kevekii hymn it originally was, it still is about the same theme - the wonders of the world and honoring of earthly powers, with the grand source of all life and creations being added in, the Varvalma, Heavens, and how once should be thankful for all that is in this world. Here is a version with lyrics, and here an instrumental without. Regardless of the version, it is meant to invoke peace within the listener, as he gets lost in the song.

Have one more up my sleeve, but I don't want to post that until it is unveiled in its own thread. Hope you like these!

BikeRacks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 27, 2022, 11:30:39 pm »

Quaksna You do a great job of blending the VSTs, sounds really organic and intricately composed. As usual impressive stuff. Might have to fire it up as background music the next time I start a fortress

Hoping to post some tracks to streaming in a few weeks here myself, need to get off my butt and finish the mixing. None of it is really DF influenced but figured its worth sharing once its done.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 11:24:46 pm by BikeRacks »

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 12, 2022, 01:07:43 pm »

Okay so the last piece's out - here, another of those spawned by Man's Calling. Longer than expected, but I really wanted to put an organ improv solo in a song, so that's pretty much the whole of the second half, can't be stopped during an improv! Hope you have the time to like it  :P

I'll probably revisit some older works again, have on particular on the radar, where the composition's good, but needs better recordings and superior software, probably add more on while at it, like with Nlehlar Ratbulai.

And can't wait to hear something from you, BikeRacks, at last! Surely will be interesting.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 16, 2022, 03:17:22 pm »

Finished a new piece today, and have remastered some old.

First the latter, In hierdie doodsdal ek sien drie - with and without lyrics. Quite happy with the composition, made it darker, as is intended to be the atmosphere for the song. Fell sick for most of the recording sessions though, and didn't realize until mixing, you can hear me slowly dying with teach verse :D, in the third sections all of the voices are so. Strangely, somewhat fitting it is, for such a lament about dying and struggling that the singer is growing weaker each refrain, the sickness in his voice sounding most on the word helaas (alas)... Probably coping. Might try to re-record the voices, and/or do the english lyrics too, but I don't get much opportunity for actually recording music, nor any proper equipment. Still, hope you enjoy.

But the main course is the new song, Varkltr wádk Détakuvo, two kvaksa saints and important folk heroes meeting on the opposing sides of an battle, at the township of Tlellak, the last standing settlement under Fulmákea rule on the whole island of Báksev. Seeing that Détak has no weapon, Varkltr tosses aside his tkal staff and a struggle ensues. I tried to tell a little bit of a story within the fairly short song, as it is supposed to be a single wrestling encounter, but each moment has a different tension and mood. How well I did, you'll be the one to tell.

BikeRacks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 22, 2022, 10:42:18 pm »

Love the singer getting sicker concept, intentional or unintentional I think it's creative. Music seems to get drearier towards the end so I think it fits well. Nice work!  There's a band Katatonia with a song called Omerta where the song ends abruptly (to the point I thought I had a bad copy of the song) but it represents the singer dying from being poisoned by his old mob buddy. 

Varkltr wádk Détakuvo, that's alot of story for 2:26 of music, but hey there aren't any rules. Part at 2:00 to 2:14 (or well really till the end) is great, love the tension and build up during that section. Again much praise on giving deeper meaning with the story, it really does give your music some uniqueness and tone.

Still going to have to wait till I post my stuff. Had the wife and a few friends listen and give feedback, and it needs some changes before it makes it to the webs ;)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 01:43:27 am by BikeRacks »

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 27, 2022, 12:52:20 pm »

Got some works done, so have a listen!

First, there is a farewell song for a dying friend, I did in a span of one week, quite unheard of from me, but what can I say, I do work best under pressure. And for the matter, it sure is one of the more genuine songs I've written, the composition more than the words I feel, I am no great poet and music does convey the sort of feeling better, sadness, but also contentment and peace. For music is, in it's core, a form, and idea, and as such a more refined, divine art. And I am glad I could have provided such a thing when needed. Here, the vocals included, and here the instrumental.

And then there is a much simpler project, another Kvaksa folk song, this one being a sort of a patriotic deal of the region of Kehil, gloomy part of the Great Island, a mountainous area not suited much for farming, instead, hunters dwell in the dense woods, and the sounds of hammers echo from cave hideouts, where smiths eternally supply the Mainlands with good blades. Zealous are the inhabitants also, thanks to their proud history, and never have they betrayed their brothers in need. Hear then and tell, if you can hear such a land from it. As usual, a version with vocals and one without.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 02:31:27 pm by Quaksna »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14