Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Empower: Magic and Worship (5/5, Turn 11)  (Read 12528 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Empower: Magic and Worship (5/?, Turn 1)
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2021, 01:35:14 pm »

Amon walks up to the Decay shrine and smiles. He raises his hands and starts practicing magic near the altar. As the air begins to be filled with a deathly chill, He starts praying with a intense fervor.

“The essence of Death, The Lord of the Dead, The final home of all living beings! I call to you and ask for a measure of your power and authority so that I can bring decay to all things!” Nearby dead spirits are beginning to stir...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 01:37:52 pm by Knightwing64 »

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2021, 03:13:57 pm »

Kneel at the altar of Stone, placing the metal rod at the base of the altar as an offering.
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2021, 05:35:05 am »

Find a quiet place to practice decay magic my gathering some random bones and seeing what I can do with them.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
Re: Empower: Magic and Worship (5/5, Turn 1)
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2021, 06:23:40 pm »

Set fire to incense with my Flame Magic. Offer a pyre of fragrant woods to the goddess's Flame.
5 You successfully light the incense, offering it at the Shrine of Flame. The red orb glows with resonance when you perform this feat, and you feel more attuned to Flame Magic temporarily.
Flame Aspect 10/100 EXP. The next time you use the Flame Aspect in any way, 2 dice will be rolled and you will get the higher result.

Spoiler: Tim (click to show/hide)

Pratice Decay by resurrecting small animals, like a skunk. The most gangsta of animals
4 You successfully resurrect a skunk at the Decay shrine. The black energies of the orb seep into its body, bringing it back to life. It seems to want to follow you around.
Decay Aspect 7/100 EXP. Gain Skunk Companion.

Spoiler: Bones Malone (click to show/hide)

Amon walks up to the Decay shrine and smiles. He raises his hands and starts practicing magic near the altar. As the air begins to be filled with a deathly chill, He starts praying with a intense fervor.

“The essence of Death, The Lord of the Dead, The final home of all living beings! I call to you and ask for a measure of your power and authority so that I can bring decay to all things!” Nearby dead spirits are beginning to stir...
5 You practice magic at the Decay Shrine. The resonant magic within the black orb flows into you, making you more attuned to Decay temporarily.
Decay Aspect 10/100 EXP. The next time you use the Decay Aspect in any way, 2 dice will be rolled and you will get the higher result.
Nearby dead spirits are beginning to stir.

Spoiler: Amon Antigonus (click to show/hide)

Kneel at the altar of Stone, placing the metal rod at the base of the altar as an offering.
3 The rod disappears, and the Green orb glows faintly. You feel slightly more attuned to the power of Stone and feel blessed, but you're not sure what the blessing will do.
Stone Aspect 5/50 EXP. Gain Minor Blessing (Stone Aspect). Lose Metal Rod.

Spoiler: Patrick O'Henigen (click to show/hide)

Find a quiet place to practice decay magic my gathering some random bones and seeing what I can do with them.
2 The Decay Shrine is particularly busy today, it seems. You don't manage to get much done with all the noises, but just sitting there and watching Bones Malone resurrect a skunk has given you some insights as to what to do with bones.
Decay Aspect 2/100 EXP.

Spoiler: Debby (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 06:48:23 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Empower: Magic and Worship (5/5, Turn 2)
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2021, 06:37:18 pm »

Ressurected something bigger now, like a baby deer or a dog.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2021, 06:46:11 pm »

Amon’s smile grows even wider, The air now filled with unsettling wails as he puts bones on the altar as a offering. “Everyone will die, Including me. I have seen the dark universe yawning, Where horrors roll without aim, Causing horror unheeded.” Shadows are now twisting and turning. What is he doing?

(If you haven’t already guessed, Amon is quite insane. I’m not trying to summon a eldritch horror or anything. I was just reading Lovecraft and wanted to post this action.)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2021, 07:26:47 pm »

Go out to the nearest forest to reduce trees to ash with my Flame Magic, gathering it up as an offering to Nature. Practice in accord with changing the world.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2021, 07:33:56 pm »

Patrick stands looks around and walks to the left of the shrine, kneeling in the dirt channelling the power of Stone into the earth using it to create a golem or something of the like.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2021, 02:50:08 am »

Look around and gather as many random bones as possible and assemble them into one creature then use my recently gained insight on decay magic to give life to the creature.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2021, 01:48:32 pm »

Ressurected something bigger now, like a baby deer or a dog.
6 You bring in the bones of a deer and try to resurrect it. The power of the black orb flows into the bones once more, but you forgot to not leave your new skunk companion on the shrine. The skunk explodes, blood spattering the floor as the arcane energies form the deer's body, but something isn't quite right with it. Its fur is black and its eyes are glowing red... for now, it has made no move to attack you. It might be a friend?

Decay Aspect 22/100 EXP. Lost Skunk Companion. Gain Nightmare Deer Companion.

Spoiler: Bones Malone (click to show/hide)

Amon’s smile grows even wider, The air now filled with unsettling wails as he puts bones on the altar as a offering. “Everyone will die, Including me. I have seen the dark universe yawning, Where horrors roll without aim, Causing horror unheeded.” Shadows are now twisting and turning. What is he doing?
3 and 1 The shadows barely bend to your will, as if to say that they won't bow to you so easily. Nonetheless, you get a minor blessing. What are you doing?

Decay Aspect 15/100 EXP. Minor Blessing (Decay Aspect)

Spoiler: Amon Antigonus (click to show/hide)

Go out to the nearest forest to reduce trees to ash with my Flame Magic, gathering it up as an offering to Nature. Practice in accord with changing the world.
3 and 5 You successfully burn down a few trees and collect their ashes for the offering. You only give over a bit of the ash, and put away the rest in a pouch for safekeeping.
Boost to the offering.
2+1 The Nature Shrine seems to be somewhat neutral to this gift. Perhaps it was a bit ironic to give up newly dead trees to the Shrine.

Flame Aspect 20/100 EXP. Nature Aspect 5/50 EXP. Acquired: A pouch of tree ash.

Spoiler: Tim (click to show/hide)

Patrick stands looks around and walks to the left of the shrine, kneeling in the dirt channelling the power of Stone into the earth using it to create a golem or something of the like.
4+1 The Stone Shrine favors you, so you feel more Empowered by it in your next feat of magic. A small Earth Golem is formed from the ground, and it looks to be willing to follow you.

Stone Aspect 15/50 EXP. Gain Small Earth Golem Companion.

Spoiler: Patrick O'Henigen (click to show/hide)

Look around and gather as many random bones as possible and assemble them into one creature then use my recently gained insight on decay magic to give life to the creature.
4 You gather up some random bones and use your magic to bring them to life. What forms from them can only be described as something grotesque. The abomination seems keen on being your friend.

Decay 9/100 EXP. Gain Small Abomination Companion.

Spoiler: Debby (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 01:51:58 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Empower: Magic and Worship (5/5, Turn 3)
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2021, 02:06:43 pm »

Mix the ash with dirt gathered from the forest and plant a sapling in a pot fired by my flame magic.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2021, 02:22:06 pm »

Offer deer some friendship milk. Then grab more dead animals to ressurect and fuse

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2021, 03:21:59 pm »

Amon gathers his strength and the power of his blessing and calls a dead spirit to his location, He then immediately shoves the spirit into one of the twisting shadows as he chants “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even Death will die” Giving birth to a abomination under his control.

Abomination buddies?

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2021, 03:58:24 pm »

Patrick smiles a jovial smile as he walks up to the small golem, kneeling down and placing a hand on it's head "Lil one yer life is a gift unto me from the Goddess er'self," looking up the portly man gets a glint in his eyes "We'll do something great ye here?" he told thd golem.

Patrick studies at the Stone shrine, while he gently tells the golem to gather small stones from nearby and bring them to him.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 04:00:32 pm by Horizon »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2021, 05:37:45 am »

"I don't trust that skeleton over there, especially since he's defiling the corpse of what is probably one of my relatives."
Bestow the name Jeff upon my abomination, then get Jeff and go study at the nature shrine to get away from that skeleton.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9