Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: World of Competition, An Evolutionary Turf War (6/15) (Round 5)  (Read 5425 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: World of Competition, An Evolutionary Turf War (6/15) (Round 4)
« Reply #105 on: July 21, 2021, 07:16:24 pm »

1 Point for Sternum Wyrms (Savannah of Jutting) to speciate and migrate into Osteophages of The Vast Desert (Sandbone Wyrms)

1 Point for Skull Wyrms (Cradle Savannah) to speciate and swim into Osteophages of New Zealand Lite (Fibula Wyrms)

1 Point for Spine Wyrms (Plains of Passing) to speciate into Apex Predator of Plains of Passing (Olivescale Wyrms)

1 Point for Spine Wyrms (Plain of Passing) to speciate and migrate into Osteophages of the Great Southern Boreal (Tibia Wyrms)

1 Point for Bone Wyrms (The Shielded Jungle) to speciate and swim into as Osteophages of the Descending Forest (Humerus Wyrms)

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2021, 02:48:22 pm »

I’m looking but can’t find it, are my CTP niches there or will they need to change?

Now try.

Also, should I revamp how biomes work?

Biome system works fine. Perhaps there are too many vacant spots and there but this problem should eventually solve itself. Having more players would help.

BTW, Are we waiting for someone?
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 23, 2021, 03:32:43 am »

I’m looking but can’t find it, are my CTP niches there or will they need to change?

Now try.

Also, should I revamp how biomes work?

Biome system works fine. Perhaps there are too many vacant spots and there but this problem should eventually solve itself. Having more players would help.

BTW, Are we waiting for someone?

Leonardo8. They still haven't acted.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 24, 2021, 02:30:30 pm »

I will soon be writing the turn report. Waited enough.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2021, 10:01:45 am »

Round 4

The Niche screen is redesigned. The biomes and their niches are now more widely categorised inside continent spoilers. Continents now also have names that may or may not have actual meanings.

The results
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Map
-----------------------------------------------------------
Continents and Biomes

Ev

Geniş

Orman

New Zealand Lite

The Islands
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cladogram

More players are always welcome.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 10:53:57 am by Magmacube_tr »

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 25, 2021, 10:40:11 am »

Flavor for species I got during this turn

Protovampires and Gutcrawlers were known for several decades. Those snake-like small creatures thrived on the continent of Geniş being parasites for numerous wyrm species. Protovampires lived in water and fed on the blood of Wyrms who risked approaching bodies of water while gutcrawlers developed extreme acid resistance and lived inside wyrms' digestive system feeding on the food consumed by those huge magnificent predators. Only recently, it was discovered that they are, in fact, members of the Triangle-Clawed clade and evolved from fishgnawers who lost their limbs and their characteristic triangle-shaped claws.

Bodygnawers were huge lumbering beasts, who were ambush predators who were hiding in bodies of water and used to be dragged unsuspecting prey underwater drowning them. Being nothing but oversized Forest fishgnawers they were far weaker than wyrm species living on other continents. Some evolutionary scientists believe that those would never be able to compete with Wyrms living on other continents.

Omnignawers were long believed to be descendants of the rootgnawer clade but recently found intact tail proved that they are descendants of fishgnawers (most likely steppe fishgnawers), those species were rather typical omnivores of the era with no special features. 

Leaping Rootgnawers were among the fastest known species of rootgnawers. Their strong limbs allowed them to do huge jumps. The most likely explanation of their incredible jumping ability is the evolutionary arms race vs local Long-Tusk Pygmy Graspers
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Competition, An Evolutionary Turf War (6/15) (Round 5)
« Reply #111 on: July 26, 2021, 02:35:01 pm »

1 point to speciate Gutcrawlers (Endoparasite, Savanna of Jutting) into Gutreapers (Endoparasite, Plains of Passing)
1 point to speciate Omnignawers (Small Omnivore, Plains of Passing) into Great Omnignawers (Large Omnivore, Plains of Passing)
1 point To improve the score of Bodygnawers (Ambush Predator, New Zealand Lite)
1 point  to speciate Bodygnawers (Ambush Predator, New Zealand Lite) into Wyrmgnawers (Apex Predator, New Zealand Lite)
1 point to speciate Leaping Rootgnawers (Small Grazer, Cake Topping Plains) into Protoskymasters (Terrestrial Granivore, Cake Topping Plains) 

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 26, 2021, 08:34:31 pm »

1 Point for Sandbone Wyrms (The Vast Desert) to speciate into Terrestrial Insectivore of The Vast Desert (Vacuum Wyrms)

1 Point for Tibia Wyrms (Great Southern Boreals) to speciate into Apex Predators of Great Southern Boreals (Tyrant Wyrms)

1 Point for Skull Wyrms (Cradle Savannah) to speciate into Osteophages of Cake Topping Plains (Rib Wyrms)

1 Points for Fibula Wyrms (New Zealand Lite) to speciate into Apex Predator of the Cake Topping Plains (Twin-Headed Wyrm)

1 Point for Skull Wyrms (The Shielded Jungle) to speciate and swim into as Osteophages of the Descending Forest (Humerus Wyrms)

Sandbone Wyrms evolved instead of bone chewing mouths to focus on the small insects, and develop a form of suction through their mouths that allowed them to travel around the desert sucking up the insects

Tibia Wyrms eventually like many other wyrm species grew into a massive serpentine size and ability to slither between the trees to become the dominant predator in the forest.

Skull Wyrms eventually migrated into the Cake Topping Plains like other species and like their kin have adapted their scales for the temperatures of the plains but still devour and can process bones

Fibula Wyrms like other wyrms have started to develop into a massive size as their bodies can continuously scale and this time a form with two heads was developed challenging even between their two brains for food, now in direct competition with a subspecies of bodygnawers

Through at least two cycles, Bone Wyrms have been making a migration towards the isolated continent of Orman, there success rate has been humorous at this point

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 26, 2021, 09:33:09 pm »

2 points for Pabgh to speciate into Cake Topping Plains Endoparasite
3 points for Pebgh to speciate into small predators in the Cradle Savanna

The Pabgh kept getting scratched at by its hosts, so a small group of them attempted burrowing inside of their hosts to not only avoid this problem, but get much closer to their meal, not having to force blood and tissue through the skin anymore.

Meanwhile, to the south, their sister taxon, the Pebgh, have started their own selection process, some growing a bit too big to stay on their hosts undetected, and thus started eating small creatures instead

((What do you think of my foray into flavor text?))
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 02:29:21 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 27, 2021, 05:52:10 am »

2 points for Pabgh to speciate into Cake Topping Plains Endoparasite
3 points for Pebgh to speciate into small predators in the Cradle Savanna

The Pabgh kept getting scratched at by its hosts, so a small group of them attempted burrowing inside of their hosts to not only avoid this problem, but get much closer to their meal, not having to force blood and tissue through the skin anymore.

Meanwhile, to the south, their sister taxon, the Pebgh, have started their own selection process, some growing a bit too big to stay on their hosts undetected, and thus started eating small creatures instead

Nice but having a description of what Pebgh looks like would be even better. Consider doing a  list of all your current species with a vague description, It is more fun this way.

My long-tailed bonegnawers are in danger! Destroy those Pebghs my good old round 1 species that gave birth to all those fishgnawers!

And there will be a dice rolling battle for the role of apex predator in New Zealand Lite.

Shadowclaw777 You should fix the error, I am 99.99% sure that you want Fibula Wyrms to compete in New Zealand lite and this is an editing error.

Mercur

• Bay Watcher
  • Your average spheroid
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 27, 2021, 04:34:56 pm »

Clade: long necks

Spend 3 points to speciate long legged long necks into a small omnivore in the cradle savanna

Spend 2 points to speciate short legged longer necks into a grazer in the cake topping plains
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 05:05:57 am by Mercur »

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 28, 2021, 02:38:41 am »

Spend 3 points to speciate long legged long necks into a omnivore in the cradle savanna

You should be more specific, there is no omnivore niche, there are small omnivore and large omnivore

Mercur

• Bay Watcher
  • Your average spheroid
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 28, 2021, 05:05:37 am »

Spend 3 points to speciate long legged long necks into a omnivore in the cradle savanna

You should be more specific, there is no omnivore niche, there are small omnivore and large omnivore

Okay, I would make it a small onmivore

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 28, 2021, 06:54:36 am »

Good, but you may wan to go more in detail, they are a bit vague.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 30, 2021, 08:20:20 am »

Guys, sorry to announce that I can no longer host a game. I will be busy, and for a long time.

This game has ended.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9