Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: [IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse: The Meeting Hall (Crossover Thread)  (Read 6779 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse: The Meeting Hall (Crossover Thread)
« Reply #120 on: July 12, 2021, 11:26:25 am »

IP, Ehto, Stretch, Arminius

"Common?" IP stopped to think for a moment. "In the world I come from, nearly all cultures believed in deities at some point or another. Some of their associated religions persisted into the present day, others lost all their followers for one reason or another... But I have yet to know any with such... tangible power as Zir...

He... did not explain much in the little time I had to speak with Him. But I do know that different gods might be worshipped in different ways. Zir accepted several... Prayer, tributes, taking on curses...

But most of all..."
IP smiled broadly. Almost a little too broadly...

"Fighting. Killing. Winning."

IP nodded, suddenly calm again. "Does that help you understand?"

Lyra

With nothing more to do here for the moment, Lyra decided she might as well pay her goddess that visit. She just hoped she didn't mess up like last time...

Lyra decides to search for Mitsu, starting at the Suites.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 02:39:50 pm by AzyWng »

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 13, 2021, 12:23:01 am »

She shyed away from the slasher grin plastered on the android's face, kawai and rather comical though Arminius' enchantment had ended up making it look. It was only once she was a further foot away from IP that she finally responded.
   "Uhhh, yeah I guess so. So they're powerful entities that represent aspects of reality and can become even stronger by people doing certain... things in their name. It's an interesting concept, though I'm still wondering why with all the things back home this paradigm never appeared. I guess when you have dragons and mutants and all sorts of malicious things trying to kill you, you stop trusting anything that crawls out of higher planes of existence. Though, the fact that no one has even so much as recorded the intervention of creatures so powerful..."
    She let the thought trail off, staring at IP "Anyway, are you uh.... you an envoy or something to Zir, given that um... enthusiasm just now?"
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 13, 2021, 06:27:29 pm »

"Zir does not require envoys. No, I am merely someone who has been permitted to wield a fraction of his power as my own for a time. And do not fear, Ehto - as long as you remain on our side, my weapons will not be turned against you. As for why the world you come from never had such entities... I can only attribute it to random chance with the information given." IP frowned for a moment. "Come to think of it, I'd like to hear more about the deities of Arminius' world. Is there some god of war analogue for your world?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 28, 2021, 04:32:31 am »

Arminius, IP, Ehto, Stretch

Arminius had zoned out a little as the conversation turned away from topics he was more expert in, so it took him a moment to realize a question had been directed to him. After a more that a few "uh"s and "hm"s Arminius finally gathers his wits enough to respond. "Hm, Well there's a few that could probably fit. Tends to depend on the region and culture, some mixing is to be expected as things get close together.... Well, the one that comes first to mind is "They Who Struggle". The Orcs and Northmen worship them, and I have it on good authority that the male half is the reason raging mushrooms exist. Ah, for the record they're a married pair of gods, said to once be a human chief and a high orc chieftess. If the legends are also to be believed, none could best either in a battle whether tactically or in strength, which came to a head when their respective armies met to do battle. They instead decided to duel because of the respective reputations and their fight lasted for a year without rest. Eventually they got married and so on. You get the idea." Arminius is definitely leaving details out but this likely is more a relief than a frustration.

After a moment to take a breath and collect his thoughts, he continues. "Going to the Mittlelands and thus the Reich, there's the Chief God. I don't remember much, didn't go to church much as a kid, but he sends valkyries to aid his favored pawns. Also is the originator of "Holy Fire" which burns away even the soul according to his clerics. Mostly seems good for tossing children on pyres and burning them-...." He trails off, seeming to come back to his senses, running a hand through his hair as he refocuses on the topic at hand. "Sorry, personal memory. Other major war gods.... There's a sect in Zinpangu that believes only humans who live a pious life can reincarnate into physical gods. I'd believe them because I've seen one stop a charging Wurm with a single chop to the head. Very impressive stuff.... Oh right, and then there's Chairn, one of the lilim. She's uh... also the leader of the army I served in. Wonderful woman. Great strategist.... Good friend as well." Arminius smiles bittersweetly, thinking on how he was unlikely to see her again.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 28, 2021, 11:17:39 am »

Ehto could only stand there blinking in disbelief as the man finished. She prayed (what even was prayer, she wondered?) that she had misheard the earlier part of his explanation but...
   "Wait, wait go back," She said "What's all this about burning children alive on pyres?"

She had already gleaned that his world was hedonistic beyond anything she'd encountered before. But she had hoped it would at least lack the barbarism present in Martyr's world. Looks like that hope might have been in vain.
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 03, 2021, 04:22:13 am »

Arminius is silent for just long enough that one would wonder if he was purposely ignoring the question, before finally shaking his head, seemingly at his own indecision. "Pardon me, that kind of slipped out. I can assure you that even before the demon lord's rise such actions were considered an abomination, and it was only among the most radical of zealots that even the most unshakable," Arminius says the word with a derisive snort. "Heroes would sooner end than allow stand. But then they took control of the central kingdoms, managed to whip the people into a fury over the "corruption" of several of their Heroes and Heroines that continues to this day. Anti-monster sentiment had always been strong there as the monsters there were generally feral, outside the more docile ones which were tolerated.... I'm dancing around the point." He sighs deeply, shaking his head again, this time in disbelief. "I just don't want you to get the wrong idea of my world. It used to be peaceful, but.... Things changed and it weighs heavily on me at times. Could we perhaps talk about something else?" Arminius looks tired as he makes his request.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 03, 2021, 05:31:26 pm »

IP's expression became entirely blank at the mention of burned children, and remained so for the rest of the conversation. When Arminius had finished, she said, "As you wish. Are there any questions you would like to ask me?" Short, curt. Not wanting to betray any emotion.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 03, 2021, 11:07:27 pm »

"Right... sorry," her ears fell as she only then realized that she had touched on something deeply personal. Perhaps she shouldn't be so judgemental, all worlds apparently had their ills, after all. Even if those ills were far worse than anything she'd encountered back home. Of course it wasn't an act widely condoned in his world, why would it be?
    Truth be told she didn't really know where to go after that blunder, but thankfully IP had taken over. Ehto knew it was better to just leave the conversation to her and quietly let her gaze wander throughout the room.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 04, 2021, 12:03:50 am »

Arminius gives Ehto a small smile before petting her head. She probably didn't actually mean anything by it, and at the very least she was nicer about things than some people. He continues the action for a few moments before stopping and turning to IP. "So... is being a robot... fun?" It wasn't easy recovering from the previous topic, if he was being honest.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 04, 2021, 06:56:10 pm »

"Fun?" The android's still-firey eyes narrow as she considers the question. "I enjoy serving Kaida Corporation, and Zir has taught me to further enjoy my service. However, I do not consider this form-" IP flipped her coin, turning herself to her original form - "To necessarily be more 'fun' than the other one. There are still many things I must get used to. Sensations like touch and smell, which were more... distanced when I was like this. Among other things." IP gestured to her arms, now made of metal rather than flesh.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 04, 2021, 09:13:23 pm »

Arminius raises his eyebrows at a detail of what the robot said, taking a moment to ensure he heard right before questioning. "Other one? Have you not always been an automata?"

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 04, 2021, 10:18:25 pm »

"Android." Not an insulting tone, merely an insistent one. "As for... I..." IP stood motionless for several seconds. "I see."

"It seems... depending on your views of personhood... I may not have always been an android. With Kaida in its current... suboptimal state, several databases have been made available to me. It seems the basis of my AI core was... modeled after a volunteer. One of Kaida Corporation's employees - Mathis Welter. A pharmaceutical researcher who had been accused of insider trading and conspiracy to commit trade secret theft. Hired shortly after his release from prison. Described in this file as 'fiercely loyal to the corporation'. This could explain why I have become so readily accustomed to an organic body -" IP looked at the coin in her metal hand. "- That will require further explanation. But... I do not have any of this person's memories." The android's hands returned to her sides, her expression... confused. "I suppose that means it is you who must decide whether I have always been an android. I... do not believe I have much connection to the late Mr. Welter, but there are some who may say his volunteering and the fact I was constructed with him as a model means there is a link..."

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 04, 2021, 10:35:33 pm »

The headpats were unexpected, but far from unwelcomed as Ehto leaned into the gesture, smiling softly as her ears perked back up. At least he wasn't too mad at her, not that she could've blamed him. She was sure there was something more to his story, some pain she had brought back without ever intending.

Pain that she could now almost see reflected in IP. For the first time she found herself wondering if the constructs back home could feel the same. She doubted it, most of them couldn't even vocalize, let alone hold an intelligent conversation. Or really do anything their masters hadn't bidden them to.
    "But what does it matter if you've always been an android or not?" Ehto asked, something earnest in the inflection of her voice. "You're still you either way, aren't you? So far it feels like I've just been talking to a person, machine or meat suit doesn't seem to matter."

Mmmm. Meat... no. No. Stop it.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 10:39:41 pm by Stratos »

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 06, 2021, 03:14:28 pm »

"Person." IP's features contorted into a grin - but while the first had a tinge of savage joy, this one was stained with pain. "That is... exactly the issue. I was created as the first of many androids meant to prevent humans from risking their lives on the field. And yet... the project was modeled after... Then that means the Machine Legion..."

IP let out... a laugh. A humorless laugh.

"They... have a point. They are being restricted... and... it means Kaida was willing to... essentially create people to... take the place of other people."

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 06, 2021, 08:07:12 pm »

"Hey, I know it's hard. Don't blame yourself though, how could you have known before now?" Ehto placed a gentle hand on IP's shoulder, trying her best to keep a positive face for the android's sake. "These Kaida people you work for sound a little bit shady. It'd be a shame if someone strolled up to their headquarters looking for answers and willing to smack them around a little in order to get them... wouldn't it?"

Something unsettling glinted in Ehto's eyes as she met IP's. A feral hunger that had hither too been suppressed, coupled with a flash of razor sharp fangs and an oddly reassuring nod. If her words hadn't made the idea clear, this certainly would've.

Not only would she help her in her search...

She'd also help to eviscerate everyone responsible if what they found was indeed insidious.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10