Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [50.09] Audible Alerts  (Read 883 times)

Trainzack

• Bay Watcher
  • The universe is, and we are.
    • View Profile
[50.09] Audible Alerts
« on: July 17, 2023, 12:26:18 am »

Audible Alerts

Makes most alerts trigger a sound. This is really helpful if you, like me, keep missing important alerts. New in version 1.5 is custom sounds for various types of alerts, so that you can better distinguish between them. This feature is bugged in 50.09 such that the new sounds will not work correctly on new worlds until the game is restarted.

How do I turn off a particular sound?

Please note that I do not have time to thoroughly test this mod past the early game, so it could be that the sounds become overwhelming in later stages of play or in certain playstyles. Please let me know if you experience this, but in the meantime you can make the adjustments yourself:

Navigate to the data/installed_mods/audible_alerts (X)/objects/ directory in your Dwarf Fortress folder. There should be a text file there. Each alert that has a sound should be in a tag surrounded by square brackets. You can mute an alert by removing the square brackets around its tag. For a full list of tags, you can check this wiki. page.

License
   This mod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International license. This means that you can use the contents of this work (as-is or modified) in your own work, even if you benefit financially, so long as you give proper attribution and license the work under the same license. You don't need to ask me first (though I would appreciate a heads up!).
   The license terms are explained here and are listed in full here.