Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Wars - Battlefield 1  (Read 8369 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Wars - Battlefield 1
« Reply #165 on: October 11, 2022, 07:37:11 am »

(I counter with the fact the other fairy we have lives because of magic, not organics. So long as magic survives in the world. More me hoping that card can't apply to literally anything that isn't a machine. And even then machines have pilots, where does it end? Are demons biologicals then? Angels? Gods?)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 11, 2022, 07:59:24 am »

(Be glad there even is any kind of type restriction on it. Sniper Shot does the same thing without any restrictions:)

Spoiler: Sniper (click to show/hide)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 11, 2022, 09:01:30 am »

(I counter with the fact the other fairy we have lives because of magic, not organics. So long as magic survives in the world. More me hoping that card can't apply to literally anything that isn't a machine. And even then machines have pilots, where does it end? Are demons biologicals then? Angels? Gods?)
Well, I suppose we can ask Supernerd for an official ruling. For reference, a machine (even one with a pilot), a demon, angel, or god would not be organic in my mind. But fairies are generally depicted as being tiny flying humanoids made of flesh and blood, more akin to elves or dwarves than demons or angels. Admittedly, that is not always the case, there are also depictions of fairies that are purely magical beings, so there is room for confusion.
If Fallacy wants to wait for a Supernerd ruling, I'm willing to redo my turn.

E: Also... there are a whole bunch of ghosts that are immune to it.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 09:18:11 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 11, 2022, 05:31:39 pm »

If Fallacy wants to wait for a Supernerd ruling, I'm willing to redo my turn.

E: Also... there are a whole bunch of ghosts that are immune to it.
I mean, aren't fairies made of faith, trust, and pixie dust?

We probably have to reference Fairy Ring's flavor, which suggests that fairies are eternal, and thus non-biological?

I'd like to see a ruling, yeah. Not that it changes much, but it's the principle of the thing.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 11, 2022, 06:04:30 pm »

After doing the research I have learned the following:

An argument can be made for both sides, so in order to give a proper ruling I'll need to dig a bit deeper.

A google image search of the Fairy's image leads to a deviant art page that indicates that it depicts Navi, from the popular zelda game Ocarina of Time. Thus it becomes a matter of determining if Zelda lore states that fairies are organic or not.

It took a bit of effort, but I managed to find something concrete enough for me to make a ruling! Apparently in Ocarina of Time if you hold a deku stick and walk slowly around a butterfly, it will turn into a Fairy! I never knew that until now. Its pretty neat actually.

Because a butterfly is clearly a biological entity, I thus make the ruling that the Fairy tokens summoned by Fairy Ring are, in fact, biological! (I reserve the right to rule that other fairy cards might not be biological later though.)
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 11, 2022, 06:15:52 pm »

Pretty cool info though.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 12, 2022, 02:46:21 am »

"Doesn't it feel like we're both going nowhere? I draw."

"Not. Helpful. I reveal Card Cancer, shuffle it back into my deck, and draw again - as per the University's rules."

"I suppose I'll be stalling, then. Nagalfar!"

"That will ensure your next turn will not be filled with attacks - and thus, I end my turn."

Quote from: Statblock
Hearts: 20
Hand: 7
Stars: 2
Deck: 45
Quote from: Board
Facedown #1
Big Friendly Ghost (2 Attack, 1 Heart)
Facedown #3
Nagalfar (3 Attack, 4 Hearts)
Quote from: Discard
Spring Flower Maiden, Mystery Ghost, Beetle Brood, Beetle Brood, Storm Cell, Summer Star Maiden, Big Friendly Ghost, Spring Flower Maiden, Fall Festival Maiden, Fairy Ring
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 12, 2022, 01:19:17 pm »

"You remember we get stronger each turn because of Cyberpunk Waifu right? Stalling helps us just fine."

"I don't think that counts as drawing though. I play DA and discard the following cards:"

"I don't think that last card is supposed to sound lewd either. Anyway since I can't attack that ends my turn!"

Quote from: Common Stats
Hearts: 16
Board: Cyberpunk Waifu (7/10)
  Facedown Card A (cannot flip), Facedown Card B (cannot flip), Facedown Card C (cannot flip)
Discard: Enkaphalin Refinery, Star Wish Waifu, Organ Harvest X2
Banish: Hydrafish, God Candidate Waifu, Demon Footsoldier X2, Star Wish Waifu, MOB, Morphing Jet Dragon
Quote from: The's Stats
Stars: 0
Hand: 2
Deck: ?
Quote from: Notta's Stats
Stars: 3
Hand: 3
Deck: 55
[/quote]
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 12, 2022, 01:29:52 pm »

(Would be real nice to see what card you grab that way, but guess not. Isekai again?)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 12, 2022, 01:33:57 pm »

(Would be real nice to see what card you grab that way, but guess not. Isekai again?)
We are not required to tell you what card we grabbed. But if you think that Stirk, with zero stars, grabbed Isekai, which costs nine, you have a very low opinion of his intelligence.
Long Live United Forenia!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 12, 2022, 01:49:31 pm »

We are not required to tell you what card we grabbed. But if you think that Stirk, with zero stars, grabbed Isekai, which costs nine, you have a very low opinion of his intelligence.
(Call it PTSD from that card.)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 12, 2022, 06:58:22 pm »

"Then I draw."

I look over my card and sigh.

"Reveal Hypersummon, shuffle it back into my deck, draw again."

Once Hypersummon leaves, I take another card into my hand. At the sight of it I practically scowl.

"Really, now. Well, that's useless. In that case - I play the Thorn Ward upon my Nagalfar. I am certain you will simply bypass it in some way soon enough, but it is due for a field run anyways."

"I end my turn."

Quote from: Statblock
Hearts: 20
Hand: 7
Stars: 0
Deck: 44
Quote from: Board
Facedown #1
Big Friendly Ghost (2 Attack, 1 Heart)
Facedown #3
(Nagalfar+Thorn Ward) (3 Attack, 4 Hearts)
Quote from: Discard
Spring Flower Maiden, Mystery Ghost, Beetle Brood, Beetle Brood, Storm Cell, Summer Star Maiden, Big Friendly Ghost, Spring Flower Maiden, Fall Festival Maiden, Fairy Ring
Generic Arms Race.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 12, 2022, 07:08:29 pm »

blinks.

(Fal, they can only play one card a turn, and can't attack if you don't. Fog of War is the only card they have that can bypass it that we know of, and that also requires they have a way of dealing damage to the ship when they play it, since the ship effect will still be active. That's a very silly combo I haven't seen yet. GCW is the only one I know that can turn it.)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 12, 2022, 07:15:33 pm »

(Nagalfar was ruled to only apply its effect once - when first played. It's not ongoing.)
Generic Arms Race.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 12, 2022, 07:16:50 pm »

(Nagalfar was ruled to only apply its effect once - when first played. It's not ongoing.)
(Really? It reads more like an ongoing effect. That's.. Kind of disappointing.)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16