Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [50.07] .,;'Gielinora Scape';,. A Runescape Overhaul Mod V1.01  (Read 2006 times)

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
[50.07] .,;'Gielinora Scape';,. A Runescape Overhaul Mod V1.01
« on: January 13, 2023, 12:36:33 pm »

.,;';,.,;'Gielinora Scape: A Runescape Overhaul Mod';,.,;',.
====================================

This mod aims to Overhaul the Dwarf Fortress world with new Metals, creatures and races to play as!

Before you play this mod, be sure you be somewhat knowledgeable on how Dwarf Fortress works, it is highly advised to not try this mod if you are fairly new since this does make a few changes and makes the game a bit more difficult. Also please remember this is an OVERHAUL mod, meaning it overhaul/changes quiet a few things, so most other mods will not be compatible.

What is in this mod?
===============

As of right now, there is:
- 9 playable races in Fortress Mode and 14+ races for Adventure Mode.
- MANY new creatures found within the world of Runescape.
- a Reworked metal ore system, introducing metals from the world of Runescape.
- Different Semimega and Megabeasts.
- Couple more weapons to fill a few gaps.
- Change in drinks to help races that are not alcohol dependant.
- Soon to come Magic system.

Suggestions, Plans, and Bug Issues
======================

- You can help suggest things in this thread, as well as see the plans for the future as well as report bugs in the discussion page. Info found on the 2nd post below this one.

Note: Before bringing up a issue or bug, triple check DF Wiki and Kitfox Bug discussion for your issue before posting, people tend to have Vanilla DF issues, which will be ignored.

This mod is just in the begining, so there is ALOT more to come!

Downloads:
========
- For both Itch/Classic: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16346
« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 03:55:50 pm by Fatace »
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: .,;'Gielinora Scape';,. A Runescape Overhaul Mod [50.05] V1.01
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2023, 12:37:02 pm »

PLANS AND SUGGESTIONS:
===================
Post in here your suggestions! (check the plans first before posting)
- This mod aims for BOTH RS3 and OSRS content.

Also suggestions of any Quality of Life additions to this mod (such as stone beds) are welcome! Sadly Overhaul mods kinda need to include their own QoLs since other QoL mods wont be able to properly work with this mod either.

==================
Current Plans for the future:
==================

Magic System:
- Magic System (unfortunately will need to wait till Adventure mode update to add this due its very very hard to test these with only Fortress mode.
- Air Spells
- Water Spells
- Earth Spells
- Fire Spells
- Blood Spells
- Smoke Spells
- Ice Spells
- Shadow Spells
- Cure Spells?

- Actual RS Gods to be used as possible Dieties.

- Abyssal Whip? = Will probly need to create an Abyssal alloy, and have it used in a reaction with possibly abyssal bones to create the whip, or possible multiple abyssal item.

- More Plants and Herbs
- All Herbs could provide their own buff once drank.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 12:40:47 pm by Fatace »
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2023, 12:39:31 pm »

Reserved~

ANickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2023, 10:24:24 pm »

This is really funny and brings me back to the Scape days.  What are the properties of the newly added metals?

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2023, 10:59:08 am »

Steel was nerfed down a bit, still better than silver/iron though. The rest of the new metals go up in scale similarly to what they are in RS, Rune now has Steel's stats. Also Dark Animica coats the pillars. There no real good way to explain the stats of DF metals without just pasting the entire raw of them, which in most cases people wont understand anyway.

Quizmar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2023, 05:44:19 pm »

it would be hilarious if the skill/xp values got changed to RS proportions, meaning 99 would be legendary, and require a blacksmith to craft 69,516 steel breastplate, or make 11,586 full sets of steel armor, if boots and gauntlets give 75xp.
Runecrafting would be really awesome and fit well into the DF mechanics. Can't wait for more progress.
Would also be funny if dwarves could get their own player owned houses instead of a crappy bedroom.
Slayer dwarves.....??

Quizmar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2023, 01:45:24 am »

Is there somewhere I can see the stats and density of the various metals? Is silver still the best for bludgeoning? If rune has steel stats, does that make blurite complete trash, on par with wood?

Been playing for a few ig years now, are megabeasts and forgotten beasts removed? I should have had some by now. It would be fun if they were replaced with high level monsters or even boss monsters.

It feels like there is a TON of bluryte ore in my mines, it could be RNG, but is that intentional? I mean there is literally tons probably 70% of the ore I encounter above the first cavern level is bluryte. Bitluminous coal and lignite have become very hard to find as a result.

It would be nice if the smelter indicated which process for creating mithril was for which selection, there are 3 "smelt mithril bar" options, presumably with different recipes? One of them uses bit coal, which is extremely scarce already so I'd like to avoid using it.

I made some halberds, but my gnomes wouldn't equip them, seems a lot like the vanilla complications with 2h weapons, is that something you fixed?

Love the mod in general, let me know if you need me to try out any specific mechanics/ give feedback for different things.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 03:15:06 pm by Quizmar »

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2023, 04:04:05 pm »

it would be hilarious if the skill/xp values got changed to RS proportions, meaning 99 would be legendary, and require a blacksmith to craft 69,516 steel breastplate, or make 11,586 full sets of steel armor, if boots and gauntlets give 75xp.
Runecrafting would be really awesome and fit well into the DF mechanics. Can't wait for more progress.
Would also be funny if dwarves could get their own player owned houses instead of a crappy bedroom.
Slayer dwarves.....??

Its not possible to do that with xp. As for Runecrafting that still needs to be long thought out for considering the limitions of DF.

Is there somewhere I can see the stats and density of the various metals? Is silver still the best for bludgeoning? If rune has steel stats, does that make blurite complete trash, on par with wood?

Been playing for a few ig years now, are megabeasts and forgotten beasts removed? I should have had some by now. It would be fun if they were replaced with high level monsters or even boss monsters.

It feels like there is a TON of bluryte ore in my mines, it could be RNG, but is that intentional? I mean there is literally tons probably 70% of the ore I encounter above the first cavern level is bluryte. Bitluminous coal and lignite have become very hard to find as a result.

It would be nice if the smelter indicated which process for creating mithril was for which selection, there are 3 "smelt mithril bar" options, presumably with different recipes? One of them uses bit coal, which is extremely scarce already so I'd like to avoid using it.

I made some halberds, but my gnomes wouldn't equip them, seems a lot like the vanilla complications with 2h weapons, is that something you fixed?

Love the mod in general, let me know if you need me to try out any specific mechanics/ give feedback for different things.

Bluryte is about the same as most copper/iron minerals, and all the vanilla minerals stayed the same rate. Its just rng on what you game and what mineral rate you set the world to be.

Mega/SemiMega beasts are still in the game, tho replaced. Its still rare for them to show up tho, and also depends on how long you let the world generate for, the longer then lower the chance to come across them.

The bigger weapons not being useable in fort mode is not something I can fix.

There is no good way to present how strong or tough or durable material is in DF without some full show of the stats, which you can look up in the raws of the mod. There is also a quick guide on the mod on the steam page's discussion board for this mod.

Quizmar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2023, 04:22:11 pm »

Here's my two cents, I don't know much about modding, but seems like this would all be possible.
Rune essence ore in the earth, obviously
Make runecrafting related gear, talismans, pouches, tiaras, etc at Runeforge
Craft runes at altar workshops, maybe they require special items to create, like fuel for fire runes, or bucket of water for water runes or altar placement near a pertinent element. Perhaps cinnabar required for fire or something. There's some kinks to work out for sure