Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: Noblerivers: A Dwarf Resort - Overseers Wanted  (Read 13990 times)

Inatun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Noblerivers: A visitor based succession fort (Overseers wanted)
« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2023, 12:26:54 pm »

Is there a peaceful way to contact the other dwarf civ so that they send merchants our way?

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2023, 01:35:04 pm »

Not sure, there is the rude introduction of demanding a tribute from the civ. That certainly gets them interested but normally if they are listed as our "neighbours" they will find a way to use. Hoping i get some during my year so far nothing.
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Inatun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2023, 03:49:46 pm »

Chax, you mentioned you could use DFHack to get us access to foreign instruments somehow. Is that something you could walk AvolitionBrit through? Alternatively, could the save be handed off to you and you run the commands before passing the save over to Baprr?

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2023, 04:24:01 pm »

Im pretty good with DF commands, if you post what you want i think i can do it. There is a df-hackery to create items is that what is being utilised here?

Drunken scholar

Inatun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2023, 05:36:11 pm »

Im pretty good with DF commands, if you post what you want i think i can do it. There is a df-hackery to create items is that what is being utilised here?
I'm actually familiar with that command and this is how I think it should be used. Let's say you have an instrument or instrument piece made out of a single metal bar. You have a dwarf make something out of a metal bar and note the quality. You then destroy that object and spawn in the foreign instrument with the same quality as the made object. That way you're actually simulating the creation of that instrument.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2023, 05:37:10 pm »

I think most single-piece metal instruments are actually made from two bars, if memory serves? The really small ones could perhaps be one bar, though.

Chax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2023, 08:49:42 pm »

Chax, you mentioned you could use DFHack to get us access to foreign instruments somehow. Is that something you could walk AvolitionBrit through? Alternatively, could the save be handed off to you and you run the commands before passing the save over to Baprr?

how familiar are you with gm-editor? it's not that confusing once you get used to the view, but it doesn't look pretty  :P
the problem is, it's an instrument. kinda extra confusing to double check, really.

edit:
aaaaand there's more than a 100 of these, lol. and since this is a large world with decent history, it probably goes up to 200+ or something.
i'll try to pinpoint exactly what we needed. and let you know how to unlock it.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 09:06:06 pm by Chax »

Inatun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2023, 09:39:30 pm »

I'm just gonna trust you know what you're doing, because I have no idea what I'm looking at.

Edit: Hang on, would it help if you were able to embark as a member of a different civilization and see what instruments you could produce? I remember looking through a bunch of music forms our dwarves knew and a bunch originated in the Pulley of Lobsters, the dwarf civ next to our own.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 09:55:20 pm by Inatun »

Chax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2023, 11:01:01 pm »

I'm just gonna trust you know what you're doing, because I have no idea what I'm looking at.

Edit: Hang on, would it help if you were able to embark as a member of a different civilization and see what instruments you could produce? I remember looking through a bunch of music forms our dwarves knew and a bunch originated in the Pulley of Lobsters, the dwarf civ next to our own.
no need. found what we're looking for. the one we needed the most anyway.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

we should be able to import these, let me test that first.
as for crafting those. well... umm... there are about 1k reactions to dig through. i'll just give up.  :-\

edit :
ok all good. who wants to edit these? mind you that since we're getting this through imports. only the next player can actually get the item.

here's all the id :
Code: [Select]
80    Sedish
84    Inal
85    Tustzal
86    Zamnuth
87    Gothum
272   Tathe
275   Elema

our parent civ's ID is 254. from there, head to "resources > instruments_types" then add in all these.

so... as i was idling waiting for caravan. i saw one of our dorf simulated an instrument i don't recognize. i panicked. lol
turns out i missed one in my own list.
:-[
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 12:21:29 am by Chax »

Chax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 30, 2023, 08:48:06 am »

decided to dig into creation of the foreign instruments. should be easier than modding the parent civ.
had to slither my way through manager orders.

now everyone can craft it just by importing the order from dfhack :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
things to note :
- should probably pause the "assemble" orders to avoid cancel spam.
- or just delete most orders after importing and do it one by one. you can import the order again after one instrument is done.
- i've run some barebone test and all of them should produce a "proper" instruments with the correct materials instead of broken stuff from gui/create-item, let me know if it doesn't.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
step by step :
1. copy the orders into notepad or something. (will put the order into a spoiler below)
2. save in JSON format. ( or just download here and skip step 1&2 = https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16555 )
3. put the JSON file in base-game-folder/hack/data/order
4. load your save
5. open manager order (o).
6. import with dfhack ( Crtl + i ).
7. wait till it gets validated and enjoy :D

Spoiler: them stuff (click to show/hide)

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 02, 2023, 08:35:44 am »

Hello future visitor,

Come one, come all to Noblerivers, the top resting place for visitors of all shapes and sizes. We have everything and anything you need.

Our most recent project is the waterfall tavern

Come bask at our amazing waterfall through the premiere underground viewing and dinning area.

See our crystal clear blue waters through the finest sapphire gem windows in the world

Dwarven technology has ensured us that no flooding can occur thanks to our patented brass reinforcement

So why don't you come and visit today.

Drunken scholar

Inatun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 02, 2023, 10:14:01 am »

Looking good! I like that we have sapphire windows right off the bat. What material did you use for the floor of the tavern?

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Noblerivers: A Dwarf Resort - Overseers Wanted
« Reply #117 on: April 02, 2023, 02:30:34 pm »

Noblerivers Announcement

We would like to alert our guests that rumors of a werelizard infestation are just rumors. I certainly havn't seen any around, have you?. Anyone with injuries should please make your way to the open plan hospital.

Complaints about an open plan hospital would make it easier for a werelizard to attack are noted but i must once again repeat that we have no such creatures within our fortress.

Rumors of secret werelizard overlords running this resort are just slander thought up be jealous dwarves who wishes they had Sapphire windows and Hazel wood log floors.

Please help yourself to a complementary glass of our finest barley wine to ease your stress of these supposed werelizard attacks.

OOC: Very annoying but when i go to see who is has been bitten. Black combat log so the entire fort just gets a monthly attack. I think everyone is gonna be dead or lizards soon. Might need to redo my turn if it goes too south
« Last Edit: April 02, 2023, 03:05:05 pm by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 02, 2023, 04:56:52 pm »

BURN THE SAVE WITH FIRE AND RESTART.

sorry for caps. but holy hell it is truly painful to search for bites in premium.

Complaints about an open plan hospital would make it easier for a werelizard to attack are noted but i must once again repeat that we have no such creatures within our fortress.

i suspect these early premium versions will go down in memory as "the were-pocalypse". Almost every successful fortress runs into weres and the resulting containment can be a genuine impossibility.

Baprr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 02, 2023, 05:16:36 pm »

Every bit visitor will enjoy a nice rest in their own masterfully crafted soft bed, and their own private wall, made only of the finest limestone blocks, along with a nice cask of Amon barley wine.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15