Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Keyforged Adventurer's Guild  (Read 9977 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Keyforged Adventurer's Guild
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2023, 03:47:30 pm »

Ayes' Adventurers walk around the tower, discovering a second, smaller door. It seems to be sized for a large dog or a kobold, but still passable for human-sized adventurers. And it isn't locked. Behind the door is a dark tunnel. You can't see anything further

a) enter the tunnel?
b) return to the locked door?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2023, 04:12:27 pm »

I say we a) enter the tunnel.
Read Losing is Fun! https://losingisfun.org/

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2023, 04:55:29 pm »

Abandoned Tower Room 1-b: Back tunnels:

Bruv checks the tunnel for traps, which is hard to do in the dark(+1 roll). They manage to find and disarm an arrow trap (roll: 3+1-3= 1 Vs DC 3), with enough finesse to  produce a useful arrow(+2 brawn).
Moving further along the tunnel Elliot encounters a kobold and promptly shoots it with the arrow. Teamwork! (roll: 2-3+1=0 Vs DC 3)
Aywen sings a song and finds an odd echo, they try to harmonize with it and manage to do it (roll:4-3=1 Vs DC 2) suddenly the tunnel lights up with an eerie glow and is no longer dark.

The party search the kobold and find 3 coins and a (lvl 0) wooden club.

Now that you can see where you are going, you come across some stairs, will you:

a) ascend the stairs
b) continue along the tunnel
c) go back outside
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 05:02:01 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2023, 04:57:50 pm »

Can you mention your rolls in parenthesis? Also i vote we continue following the tunnel. We can come back to the stairs later.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2023, 05:03:05 pm »

Can you mention your rolls in parenthesis?
Done.

sodafoutain

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:incessant muttering]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2023, 09:08:44 pm »

"Hard to maneuver in here. I'm surprised I managed to throw that arrow hard enough to do any damage." Elliot says, picking up a stone for further projectile based combat. He looks down the tunnel, hunching his back.

"Too small. I didn't like the door, and I don't like the tunnel even more. I'd take the stairs."
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Richard Stallman's Kind Communication Guidelines

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2023, 11:50:20 pm »

"Hard to maneuver in here. I'm surprised I managed to throw that arrow hard enough to do any damage." Elliot says, picking up a stone for further projectile based combat. He looks down the tunnel, hunching his back.

"Too small. I didn't like the door, and I don't like the tunnel even more. I'd take the stairs."

"Fair enough. You tall folk do tend to have claustrophobia, don't you?"

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2023, 03:01:27 am »

Abandoned Tower Room 2: second floor:

The party comes across another locked door.
Bruv unlocks the door without breaking a sweat (Roll: 1 -3= -2 Vs DC 3) surprising whatever's on the other side (+1 brawn) (I have decided that I will limit the amount of brawn rogues can give to +1, since this seems a bit OP otherwise, feel free to rule differently in your own adventures)
Behind the door is a skeleton armed with a rusty sword (roll: 6 -3 =3 Vs DC 2) Elliot dispatches it with his stone, but not before taking a nasty gash.
Aywen sings another song trying to detect hidden things (roll: 1 -3 = -2 Vs DC 2) and it points to a loose brick behind which are 2 precious gems.

The party dismantle the skeleton before it has the opportunity to come alive a again and gain 4 usable bones, 1 skull, and 1 rusty sword.

Spoiler: Party Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Party Hitpoints (click to show/hide)

the room is otherwise empty.

a) ascend the stairs again
b) go back outside

sodafoutain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2023, 07:03:31 am »

"Fair enough. You tall folk do tend to have claustrophobia, don't you?"

"Not so much claustrophobia as it is a like to exert my full power." He responds, deflecting Bruv's point entirely. After they dismantle the skeleton, Elliot picks up the rusty sword and takes a few practice swings with it. He nods his head in approval, it would do for now. Elliot's partial to going up the stairs again.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2023, 09:45:58 am »

Elliot's partial to going up the stairs again.
Aywen agrees.

Abandoned Tower Room 3: third floor:

The party comes across an abandoned laboratory. There are reagents on the floor.
Bruv susses out which puddles are safe to set on (Roll: 2 -3= -1 Vs DC 3) clearing a path for the rest of the party (+1 brawn)
Elliot comes head to head with a minor alchemical monstrosity (Roll: 3 -3= 0 Vs DC 2) and defeats it handily.
Aywen sings yet another song trying to gleam the knowledge from the lab. On a hunch, they mix a few ingredients (roll: 3 -3 = 0 Vs DC 2) and gain a +2 sleight potion. (drink before entering a room to temporarily gain 2 sleight)

The lab is mostly ransacked, but the party manages to find a vial each of aqua regia, aqua vitae and aqua fortis.

Spoiler: Party Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Party Hitpoints (click to show/hide)

By a 6th sense available to all adventurers you gather that the following levels of the tower will be tougher then the ones you already passed (rolls will have a higher modifier). Perhaps discretion is the better part of valor?

a) ascend the stairs again
b) go back outside

sodafoutain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2023, 10:55:43 am »

Elliot wafts a few of the vials to his nose, and his face lights up for the aqua vitae. Beneath his breath he speaks a phrase, laughing low.

"Uisce beatha..."

It sounds like there's either opportunities to come back to the tower later, or keep going. Elliot's partial to going.

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2023, 12:59:13 pm »

Bruv actually has 5/6 hitpoints because he never got a chance to heal since his last adventure.

"We can leave and try to sell our loot to get better gear and come back more prepared!"

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2023, 02:39:32 pm »

Bruv actually has 5/6 hitpoints because he never got a chance to heal since his last adventure.
I assumed you got fully healed between adventures, because any cleric worth his salt can do it in the middle of exploration. Of course we don't have a cleric in our guild yet...

sodafoutain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2023, 03:00:09 pm »

"But the glory of doing it." He responds," If the other rooms have barely made us break a sweat, let's see what's in the next room and if it's too much we're going to leave."

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2023, 03:02:32 pm »

"But the glory of doing it." He responds," If the other rooms have barely made us break a sweat, let's see what's in the next room and if it's too much we're going to leave."

"Agreed. On your lead Aywen."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12