Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Ulengoddom : The First Dwarven Democracy.  (Read 14025 times)

Doombringer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Ulengoddom : The First Dwarven Democracy.
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2008, 06:28:00 pm »

And Hollywars Replied "Onward, for Steel!"
''ve always envisioned you as the lead singer of Torah Tragedy, the heavy metal band.

veryinky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2008, 06:40:00 pm »

I guess steel. Heck, I'd volunteer veryinky to chop down the entire forest (it'll be good training for axedwarfship)

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2008, 06:42:00 pm »

Claimed Dwarf - Vote - Player

Bearded Sack - Steel - MrGimp
Carin - No vote - CrushU
Disuth - No vote - Captain Mayday
Hollywars - Steel - Doombringer
Istrian - Steel - Istrian
Jalek - No vote - Torak
Jayfrin - Steel - Jayfrin
Svenge - Steel - Godwin
Wayfarer - Moderator - Who the hell do you think?
VeryInky - Steel - VeryInky

Steel has won the vote. For our military!

[ March 15, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

[ March 17, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Jayfrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2008, 07:27:00 pm »

Feeling still slighty out of place Jayfrin noticed everyone shouting "steel" and decided it would be safe to follow them "Steel!" he shouted as he slammed down his flaggon of ale!

thats a vote for steel by the way....Even if it IS too late..

Ah im a girl again   :(

[ March 15, 2008: Message edited by: Jayfrin ]

My child got ripped to shreds by invading goblins, which caused my wife to go mad and was shot down by the town guard for attacking the brewer and they both rotted before my eyes....

But dayyumm my room looks nice

Mood: Fine

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2008, 10:09:00 pm »

Still playing. Holy crap I'm getting migration wave after wave. It's late summer and we just broke 50 dwarves.

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Jayfrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2008, 10:24:00 pm »

Is it possible to claim more then one dwarf?

[ March 15, 2008: Message edited by: Jayfrin ]

My child got ripped to shreds by invading goblins, which caused my wife to go mad and was shot down by the town guard for attacking the brewer and they both rotted before my eyes....

But dayyumm my room looks nice

Mood: Fine

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2008, 10:30:00 pm »

In the interest of voting, I'd say no. But if things keep up like this I may have to go back on my word. We will see.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2008, 07:09:00 pm »

bump

Dwarven democracy must prevail!  Death to the nobles!

Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2008, 12:06:00 am »

Crap crap crap and CARP

I just spent three hours writing up the next portion and then I lost it by deleting a tab.

!!!CARP!!!

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2008, 12:18:00 am »

This is really irritating, considering I was DONE with the last entry except for a line or two. I'll fill this in after I post it. -.-

P.S. We lost three small stories because of this. I'm not in the mood to rewrite them, sorry.  :(

Wayfarer's Log
6th Granite

Hollywars came to me today, while digging a tunnel for us to use to acess the magnetite without drowning our miners, he apparently found a vien of Sapherite. Since we havn't mined out any great quality of tetrahedrite for brass yet, I've told him to leave it for now and focus on removing enough Magnetite to keep our smelters happy for a long time.

13th Granite

Another Zombified Giant eagle appeared today. Disuth and Jalek took care of it readily, although this time it actually bounced three times before smashing to pieces. Although this one lasted about three hits. Two elven merchants arrived shortly thearafter, looking on at horrer at the mess that the two of them left. Fortunatly, it didn't change their willingness to trade.

11th Slate

The elves left, taking a lot of useless stone crafts in exchange for food, drink, dye, and cloth. They were quite pleasent to us, although Disuth says that she never wants to trade with the "stinky pointy-eared bastards" again. In accordance to her wishes, I've asked Bearded Sack to be our new broker.

17th Glate

Both muxoxen gave birth to twins within hours of each other today. My female war dog also has had a litter of four puppies. These young animals may be useful once they grow up. Especially the dogs.

Holywars also approached me with a new plan for future migrants. It involves much smaller bedrooms, however he seemed confident that few dwarves would need any particularily large lodgings. I find myself inclined to agree with him.

23rd Slate
Isterian has been bugging me to be allowed to practice fighting for most of the year now. I've told him to go get some armor drafted and is training with Disuth now.

26th Slate
Hollywars found platinum in the second-level basement bedrooms. I've told him to wait on digging it up, since our smelters are so busy with smelting iron into steel.

On another note, we are running out of coke. We need to find another deposit of ligite or Bitumious coal in order to keep up our steel production.

5th Felsite
Carin came to me today, telling me of a veritable hoard of dwarves outside. Fearing an army, I told him to raise the drawbridge. He quickly corrected me and told me they were migrants.

I told him my orders stand, but he just laughed and gave me a sheet listing their professions.

2 Animal Caretakers
2 Miners
1 Farmer
1 Miller
1 Milker
1 Brewer
1 Fishery worker
1 Planter
1 Animal Dissector
1 Fisherdwarf
1 Thresher
1 Weaponsmith
1 Child
1 Cow Calf
1 Mule

25th Felsite
With this influx of new faces, I feel the need to appoint somone to keep law and order around here. I've asked Disuth to be our new sheriff.

However with her new rand Disuth has insisted on an office and dining room. Inky and Carin were quick to insist that they recieve the same. Not wanting to alientate them, I asked the new miners to incorperate offices for all of my senior staff into the new bedroom level.

17th Hematite
The Human trade caravan arrived. Bearded sack seems to be looking forward to his first job in his new post as broker. He immediatly grabbed their liason and began negotaiting a trade agreement for next year.

21st Hematite
One of our brewers found unconious snatcher who fell into a stone trap. Needless to say the unconsious and injured goblin didn't stand a chance.
Humerously, the thing that gave it away was a discarded sack that the snatcher was planning to use.

4th Malachite

Depsite my best efforts, the human trade caravan refuses to trade, claiming that not all of them have arrived yet. I told a few of our less-honest dwarves to nick what we need from the caravan, since they refuse to trade. Unfortunatly this does nothing to get rid of the mound of crafts we WANT to give them.

13th Malachite
Seven more migrants, we've drafted half of them into the military to keep them busy, since we just don't have enough work for all of them.

Furnace Operator
Glassmaker
Clothier
Planter
Peasent
Woodworker
Fish Cleaner

Our total population is now 49

14th Galena
Svenge went to me today, furious at having been kicked out of a workshop by one of our brewers, Cerol Matulathel. She refuses to talk to anyone, instead nicking odds and ends from different stockpiles. I managed to calm the angry craftsdwarf down and sent him to work at a different shop while I plan on looking in on the brewer.

15th Galena
After visiting Cerol in the workshop, I noticed that she had painted several pictures of turtles on the walls and floor, I've deduced she must be hungry for turtle, since she seemed so hungry and thirsty. We've long since cooked the turtles I brought with me, however one of our migrants never quite got out of his habit of fishing and has put a few raw turtles into our food stockpiles. I've ordered him to construct a fishery so that the poor brewer may eat a proper turtle meal.

18th Galena
The useless fishery worker decided that he wanted to drink and sleep before working. When I noticed that he was in bed and sleeping without the fishery being built I told VeryInky that he was to do nothing but cut wood from now on. Perhaps a goblin ambush or two will solve his work ethics problem.

20th Galena
I had the second mason, who has told me that he has experiance cleaning fish, construct the fishery. He quickly built it and cleaned the six raw turtles we had. Cerol has not moved, so I suppose that she isn't intersted in eating turtle. I fear for her life.

24rd Galena
Aha. As soon as one of the recruits ate the processed turtle, Cerol raced from her workshop and grabbed the shell and some nearby bone and set to work on... some mysterious construction. I occationally try looking in, but she locked the doors...

25th Galena

Eytur fiercly dug at the granite wall, the worn edge of her copper pick chipping into the dark grey stone with expertise. He was at home here deep underground and alone, surrounded by the living stone. The other dwarves rarly came to this level, preferring to work on their own living spaces or in their comfortable workshops. Aside from the glimpse of the occational hauler and the company of the other miner, Eytur could feel as if he were alone and one with the earth.

He worked so intently that she hardly noticed when the wall before her changed from a dark grey into the bright blue of the common microline. After all, easily half of any fort that digs deep enough had a good amount of the stone. Often more than any one leader could deal with. Not that Eytur cared. It wasn't untill Sibek, the other miner and the closest thing he had to a friend in these tunnels, came to vist him that he noticed anything was amiss.

The thin frame of the female miner rounded a corner, calling out softly as it carried a stone platter, topped with a pair of dark green olivine mugs and a dark blue cobaltite teapot, "Eytur? I brought some Quarry leaf tea. The kitchen had some extra after last night's dinner and I figured you might want some."

Eytur let the pick strike the hard wall once more before dropping the tough tool to the ground, relived that he was able to take a break, "Sibek, you have perfect timing. I was looking for an excuse to take a break. What's the news uptop?"

"Oh, nothing much. One of the brewers acting all crazy, something about a wooden amulet or something like that. Either way, it doesn't involve us much. What about you?"

"Well, I think I hit another deposit of microline. I figured I'd dig for another hour and then go tell Hollywar." Eytur reached forward for a cup, sniffing the armoa of the tea, "mmm, smells good."

"Microline? Isn't it a bit deep for microline? " Sibek asked, her voice skeptical as she walked to look at the wall, stopping suddenly and letting the stone platter fall to the floor as she looked at the stone. "Eytur... get Hollywars. Get him now."

"What? Sibek... it's just Microline, it can wait untill morning..." the miner protested, raising a hand as the teapot shattered, hot water splashing him, "urgh, now look what you..."

"Eytur, get go get Hollywars. Go get Carin. Go get Wayfarer... get everyone!"

"What... why do you want me to do that...?"

"Eytur, because:

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2008, 05:15:00 am »

Now I'm going to pester you until I get adamantine chain mail.

What were the omitted side stories about ?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2008, 05:34:00 am »

just wait for the army arc, untill you can liberate the shit out of the goblins
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2008, 06:15:00 am »

One was about Istrian getting moved to the military. The second was about the secretive mood we got.

I may still write them. If I ever feel like it. It just sucks losing a good solid page of work due to a missed keystroke. :/

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2008, 06:22:00 am »

By the way, it's Istrian, not IstErian.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2008, 07:47:00 am »

sorry about that. I'm certain if you looked hard enough you'd find a lot of other minor errors in my posts. I suppose I really should start putting my posts into a word editor, (open office for the WIN) but I just haven't had the inclination as of yet.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5