Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 505469 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #990 on: March 09, 2017, 04:50:44 pm »

I think I may have to add a rule that known fortress destroyers have at least two people between them in the turn list at this rate.

Good luck, Arx. I think we've been in worse situations, you can do it!
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #991 on: March 09, 2017, 04:54:55 pm »

For my sins, I'll pull down the save tomorrow morning. I booted up DF for the first time in forever a week or so back, so I won't be completely out of it.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: March 09, 2017, 05:09:16 pm »

I think I may have to add a rule that known fortress destroyers have at least two people between them in the turn list at this rate.

No, I'm pretty certain he's screwed.  He can try and do what he wants with the forces above, but they don't have equipment, and somehow I lost track of the half dozen squads of troll spotted on the surface. 

Also, you guys modded trolls so they breathe fire right?
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: March 09, 2017, 05:16:07 pm »

No, I'm pretty certain he's screwed.  He can try and do what he wants with the forces above, but they don't have equipment, and somehow I lost track of the half dozen squads of troll spotted on the surface. 

Depends on which trolls you're talking about... there's at least two. As a rule of thumbs, everything in Teh LOLmod breathes fire.

Also, in one of the Necrothreats I was left with Highmax's savegame which was nearly impossible to bounce back from. 15 forumites in a single room with no food, no booze, nothing while the entire fortress was overrun. I ended digging a tunnel to the nearby mountain and making a totally new base there. I lost a lot of forumites doing this, but we survived. The siege and most enemy critters had dispersed by then as well. I do admit it took a few tries to get right. If you're telling me we're worse than that... well... touche.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 05:51:24 pm by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: March 09, 2017, 05:36:10 pm »

To the time machine! Who's ready for Necrothreat IVS

S is the closest thing to the roman symbol for .5 I could find
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 05:38:30 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: March 09, 2017, 05:41:51 pm »

Last I checked, there there twenty children "hunting for small creature."  Mostly I couldn't get them to do a single thing to save their neck by then. 
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #996 on: March 10, 2017, 05:35:17 am »

You unearth a pile of stone slabs, each meticulously etched with a crude chisel.

Carefulrogue, or at least someone claiming to be him (I could have sworn he used to be Igril, though) has abdicated command and passed it to me. I don't know how much better I'll do. I'm not sure what's happened and what I've imagined. I know I've carved logs in stone like this before, but I've never held a chisel before today. I know I've died in flames and in battle, but I'm alive today. Apparently the only thing I know for sure is that I would eat roaches by the handful if I could catch them.

Desperate times demand desperate measures. I've ordered the courage wolves slaughtered. The meat should strengthen us enough to find something more. I may have to make a new breach in the caverns to harvest vegetation.

Reports suggest there are only four trolls left in the fortress. It may as well be a thousand, to be honest. There's also a cave dragon in one of the caverns that seems to be getting altogether too frisky with the door. I'm having the tunnel walled off at the top just in case. One of the children is heading down the shaft, but I have heard far too much of children doing as they please and she can die down there if she wants. Apparently she made some kind of artifact. Can't eat it, can't kill trolls with it, don't care. Maybe she'll live, who knows. If I remember I'll write it on the next tablet.

25th Felsite. I think. For those who care, the child seems to have made it back up. I told her I'll cut her fingers off if she touches that hatch again.

Only ones left hunting for small animals are children, a fisherman and a glassmaker. In other words, expendable. Thus is progress made! We'll bring this one back yet. I just hope we find another food source before we run out of wolves...

Couple days after the last slab. Piercing the caverns is a no, I don't think we have a single bloody pick in this bunker. Laid down some optimistic farm plots in case there are some seeds. Found a miner down here, he seems to be trying not to die. Aren't we all. After the brief burst of industry, no more courage wolves are being slaughtered. I hope we don't starve before someone switches their brain on.

Summer. The miner seems to have woken up, I've got him knocking out a wall to allow some more movement. Need to pile the bodies in a corner to get them out of the way. After that we'll pierce the cavern and live or die by the consequences. Someone seems to have grown a brain cell and is slaughtering another wolf. Good. We eat for a bit longer.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 06:39:11 am by Arx »

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: March 10, 2017, 06:38:01 am »

Not the courage wolves.  :'(
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: March 10, 2017, 06:38:12 am »

Apparently she made some kind of artifact. Can't eat it, can't kill trolls with it, don't care. Maybe she'll live, who knows. If I remember I'll write it on the next tablet.

Please not another crown!
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: March 10, 2017, 06:40:08 am »

Apparently she made some kind of artifact. Can't eat it, can't kill trolls with it, don't care. Maybe she'll live, who knows. If I remember I'll write it on the next tablet.

I think it's the one that made a puzzlebox.

And she survived? I think I know who'll be the next maker of crowns.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: March 10, 2017, 06:42:45 am »

I think it's the one that made a puzzlebox.

And she survived? I think I know who'll be the next maker of crowns.
Yeah, no one, because crown making is illegal. Arx who is after you?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1001 on: March 10, 2017, 06:48:01 am »

The dead walk. Hide while you still can!

Hippies. Dead hippies. They're outside. They'll kill the couple of migrants stuck out there, then I expect they'll get bored and leave. Or kill the trolls. We can hope!

The idiot child is hunting for a small creature. If that's what you please, I guess. Real work would help more.

Arx who is after you?

IronTomato. It's in the OP!

Not the courage wolves.  :'(

There's literally nothing down here to eat. Option of last resort, I assure you. There are a few owned ones left, though.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: March 10, 2017, 06:52:07 am »

Why does Gwolfski show up twice?

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: March 10, 2017, 07:08:28 am »

Why does Gwolfski show up twice?

Because he said he wanted a second turn so I added him. Everybody takes turns from top to bottom. When the list gets too full I spoiler the old ones and add new ones.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1004 on: March 10, 2017, 07:15:42 am »

The next slab is dated "Early Summer".

I think I heard something smash down a door. I hope it's not connected to the bunker anywhere.

Someone died, but I don't even know who anyone is anymore. Except Carefulrogue, if that is who he actually is. No-one's hunting vermin any more. We might end up on the real hard-times rations, though - *Courage wolf tallow biscuits*.

Why will nobody do any damned thing? We need the tunnel dug or we'll eventually starve. More sounds of the trolls breaking things. Nothing we can do, just bunker down and hold. Another ghost has joined the legion, incidentally. I should have some slabs made to deal with that.

Praise be, one of the mites I told to dig is digging. Global moderator? I have no idea any more. Don't know, don't care, do as I say. Apparently someone suspended building a farm plot? Didn't say why. Well, rot them. Full speed ahead.

The kid who forgot we're in a bunker and wanted random stuff to make an artifact has gone mad. Serves them, one less mouth to feed. Not sure, but we might be able to plant some plump helmets down here. That'd put us in the green.

Some, ah, more hippies arrived. There are now 64 of them. Luckily not in the bunker. Don't think they're even in the fort. I looked at the slabs. I have attached a bookkeeper's list here.

Sandwiched between two of the slabs is a slightly crumbling but still legible piece of dirty parchment.

((If it doesn't load, go to: http://i.imgur.com/VbCsQfY.png?1. I cropped it on Imgur which sometimes breaks embeds.))

Fortunately, only the first five or so are ghosts at present.

I occasionally hear horrible screams as those outside the bunker are killed by trolls. Luckily, inside the bunker we're doing alright. Except that no-one will dig the damn tunnel. I'm setting up some archery targets to see if we can get marksmites trained up with some bone bolts or something. The food situation is mostly controlled. The mite with the pick is sleeping like the dead, probably why nothing's being done.

But seriously, anyone have any idea why all these blokes are just idling even when there's work to be done? It's not burrows and I'm pretty sure there's a path.

Also:

Entirely consistent, seems good.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 08:00:49 am by Arx »

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 202