Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 513591 times)

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #1335 on: April 19, 2017, 04:52:10 pm »

The trolls had meandered off into the distance. Most of them, at least. Some of them still remained within the central plaza though. It was the squadron that had survived climbing up the fortifications. Lead by none other than Skot.

Only five remained, the sixth fell prey to a weapons trap underneath the sprawling plaza pathway. I knew we could now easily take them. I knew my forumites lusted for revenge, after seeing Skot's atrocities. With the gods by my side, I would crush them like purring maggots. Revenge was one of Omer's spheres, after all.

The plan was simple. Nox, Th4Dw4rfy, Apiks, Limul and Doren would station at the blocked off pathway. Then, another forumite would remove the temporary wall, allowing them to charge the Trolls. Using Omer's force to get a large scrying screen up in the Cathedral was a difficult effort, but in the end I succeeded. Elaborating on the divine magic would be tiresome, but Omer's light and rainbow spheres allowed me to bend the light from outside precisely into a local rain shower I summoned. The light would refract on the little droplets, and the miniscule rainbows springing from it would replicate a crystal clear view of wherever I wanted to see. It works in a similar way to the way I attach images to my writings, though the process of adding these images to my pages (referred to as divine photorapthurgy) is somewhat simpler. I just catch the light, compress it and soak it into my pages. Omer is a useful God to worship.

The forumites gathered around me. Some burning with hatred, others excited for Skot's death. Yet we all shared one emotion. The urge to see.

The battle went smoothly. Trapped in the small corridors, the dumb trolls had no idea of the fate that awaited them. One by one they were carved up, swiftly, silently, effectively. What remained was a gory mess.

For every troll that fell, a humongous cheer erupted amongst the spectators. We danced and drunk until late that night, celebrating our victory. The following morning continued. Yet all of us worked faster, more efficient. Morale had gone up again, something we desperately needed.

A set of what you now know are photorapths, adorn the page, accompanied by lines written in an eloquent handwriting, explaining their depiction.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: April 19, 2017, 05:04:15 pm »

"The reason for my return is this. This weapon. It is the machine I saw in my vision of a thousand of bugs rending the air. The guardians call it a chainsaw. And in front of me lies one of Armok's spawn, decapitated. Truly a fearsome weapon to be so effective. None shall stand against me, but for now, I will bide my time. The time of reckoning has yet to come. For now I will do what I best do. Killing."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: April 19, 2017, 06:59:49 pm »

Well, the fort is becoming more and more mystically inclined and I very excited. While I am not in the interest of helping the god killer, I had been thinking of this since P. I. found Roseywander and I feel like this would be a good time to say it. I had been thinking that Afer and other gods wanted Roseywander gone because it was some sort of god killer. World serpent's fang, enchanted with the soul of Apophis, (or his fang) or some other type of mythological death weapon, it just makes sense, expecially with Apiks' new "mission."

EDIT: Hey Glass, I think it is time to give everyone another magic lesson. Gold, Silver, and Copper. The origins of magic may be becoming a more important topic soon.
I look forwards to the lessons if nothing else. 

@Glass, how many characters do you approximately control at this point? 

Also Apiks, I'd like another turn, if at all possible. 
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: April 19, 2017, 07:53:19 pm »

Well, the fort is becoming more and more mystically inclined and I very excited. While I am not in the interest of helping the god killer, I had been thinking of this since P. I. found Roseywander and I feel like this would be a good time to say it. I had been thinking that Afer and other gods wanted Roseywander gone because it was some sort of god killer. World serpent's fang, enchanted with the soul of Apophis, (or his fang) or some other type of mythological death weapon, it just makes sense, expecially with Apiks' new "mission."

EDIT: Hey Glass, I think it is time to give everyone another magic lesson. Gold, Silver, and Copper. The origins of magic may be becoming a more important topic soon.

Vladimir "Nox" Golubev (who is psionic and also king of all snipers), Erin Quill (the Magitechnician), and Sydney Crimson (the maestro). The latter two are both dead, and comprised of Orchestral Projections.

As for the Gold, Silver, and Copper magic... I know I've explained those before, but I'll try to pull that section up again.

EDIT: Found it.
Er... Somebody might one day read this. I should probably explain what Gold and Silver mean. Just as magic is categorized on effect, it is also categorized on source. Gold is magic that is inborn into a person. Silver is magic from the environment, and is typically associated with ley lines; it got called Silver because it was discovered that silver - the metal - is the most useful for conducting magic. Bronze is magic that has been "gifted" to somebody, usually by a deity of some variety, although sometimes by a very powerful mage that specializes in Blue.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 08:06:05 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: April 19, 2017, 08:20:56 pm »

I meant we could give a more in-def explanation.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: April 19, 2017, 08:29:58 pm »

What more in-depth explanation? If you want to expand on it, fine, but I'm pretty sure I covered anything important regarding those.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: April 19, 2017, 10:35:31 pm »

Devil's in the details.  I'll work with what you guys provide.  Also, if you want to tie me in, in anyway, just pm me and I'll probably respond. 
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: April 20, 2017, 01:51:01 am »

Vladimir "Nox" Golubev (who is psionic and also king of all snipers), Erin Quill (the Magitechnician), and Sydney Crimson (the maestro). The latter two are both dead, and comprised of Orchestral Projections.

As for the Gold, Silver, and Copper magic... I know I've explained those before, but I'll try to pull that section up again.

Er... Somebody might one day read this. I should probably explain what Gold and Silver mean. Just as magic is categorized on effect, it is also categorized on source. Gold is magic that is inborn into a person. Silver is magic from the environment, and is typically associated with ley lines; it got called Silver because it was discovered that silver - the metal - is the most useful for conducting magic. Bronze is magic that has been "gifted" to somebody, usually by a deity of some variety, although sometimes by a very powerful mage that specializes in Blue.
So judging from this, I'd say IC Lemonpie uses bronze green magic, right?

Quickedit: Apiks, just noticed pikachu's save isn't displayed in the OP yet
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 01:52:44 am by Lord_lemonpie »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: April 20, 2017, 06:01:42 am »

So judging from this, I'd say IC Lemonpie uses bronze green magic, right?

Bronze, yes. I haven't really noticed what you've been using the magic for; you'll need to give me some details.
Preferably seperate from this quote stack.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: April 20, 2017, 06:09:42 am »

Using Omer's force to get a large scrying screen up in the Cathedral was a difficult effort, but in the end I succeeded. Elaborating on the divine magic would be tiresome, but Omer's light and rainbow spheres allowed me to bend the light from outside precisely into a local rain shower I summoned. The light would refract on the little droplets, and the miniscule rainbows springing from it would replicate a crystal clear view of wherever I wanted to see. It works in a similar way to the way I attach images to my writings, though the process of adding these images to my pages (referred to as divine photorapthurgy) is somewhat simpler. I just catch the light, compress it and soak it into my pages. Omer is a useful God to worship.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: April 20, 2017, 06:13:18 am »

Looking forward to your title, eh? I've updated the OP with pikachu's save.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: April 20, 2017, 06:13:32 am »

Scrying is Indigo magic. Normally it needs a focus, but I believe thanks to the fact that you get it from bronze magic, that it is able to use the water droplets and light as a focus instead.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: April 20, 2017, 06:19:39 am »

Looking forward to your title, eh? I've updated the OP with pikachu's save.
You caught me :P

Scrying is Indigo magic. Normally it needs a focus, but I believe thanks to the fact that you get it from bronze magic, that it is able to use the water droplets and light as a focus instead.
Ah, alright. Would the photorapthurgy be considered scrying, or something else alltogether? It might even be yellow, seeing as light and paper are combined into detailed pictures.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: April 20, 2017, 06:27:39 am »

Journal 30.9
Just a short link to the lesson where I explained Indigo and Violet magic as well as artifacts

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: April 20, 2017, 06:49:49 am »

Ah, alright. Would the photorapthurgy be considered scrying, or something else alltogether? It might even be yellow, seeing as light and paper are combined into detailed pictures.
Probably green or red; you're manipulating the water droplets to manipulate how the light falls, and imbuing the droplets with light in and of themselves. The photographs would be red magic, not yellow; you aren't making the paper able to cast a spell, you simply used magic to cause it to show an image.
I don't remember which magic was for illusions. It would probably factor into your magic, just because of all the light.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 202