Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: LCS 3.12 Alpha 8 Windows Download  (Read 9147 times)

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 3.12 Alpha 8 Windows Download
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2008, 03:07:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by flap:
<STRONG>Maybe they caught in a regular police control ?</STRONG>

If so, it shouldnt be in legal fundraising.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2008, 09:34:00 am »

Maybe they were arrested because they're wanted men standing out in public for all to see.  The cops see them and think "this is my lucky day!"

Wisq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2008, 02:35:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Earthquake Damage:
<STRONG>Maybe they were arrested because they're wanted men standing out in public for all to see.  The cops see them and think "this is my lucky day!"</STRONG>

Pretty much.  If you've committed a lot of crimes or have a low "street sense" skill, you can get arrested for doing just about anything outside the base (aside from just going places as a squad).

Really, once you're a wanted criminal, you don't ask for donations, you hide.  ;)  Train them in computers and have them do extortion rackets instead -- a good extortion team gets much more money than from donations (up to $10k/turn), and they never have to leave the base.  Plus given that they're already criminals, it's not like you have to worry about attracting attention from illegal online activities.

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2008, 04:00:00 pm »

That makes more sense as to why my guys were disappearing.  It would be a bit nice to at least get a message or be given the chance to run or fight, though, as it's way too easy to lose people and not even notice.

[ February 22, 2008: Message edited by: Trorbes ]

Wisq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2008, 04:12:00 pm »

It's supposed to say "x has been arrested for y.", but I see now that it doesn't pause and wait for a keypress to let you see that.  I'll fix it.

Speaking of moving people without a message...  I notice that when you get sieged, anyone who isn't in a squad is moved to the homeless shelter on the next 'w'ait.  It seems intentional (daily.cpp line 84), but the result is that my base defence squad nearly died when I accidentally 'w'aited and then tried to fight, not realising my entire M16-armed defence force had decided that the homeless shelter was a better place to defend the drill factory from.   :)

Edit: Aha, I see what it was really meant to do.  It was supposed to prevent you from moving people to a sieged location by setting their base.  I'll fix it to do that.  Let me know if that's the wrong assumption.

[ February 22, 2008: Message edited by: Wisq ]

Vengeful Donut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2008, 09:36:00 pm »

Ive noticed that sometimes I get liberals who cant get more than 5 music skill, no matter how much training is applied (other getting trained to twenty-something) or how much they use music in combat.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2008, 01:36:00 am »

how much hart do they have?

quote:
Originally posted by Wisq:
<STRONG>It's supposed to say "x has been arrested for y.", but I see now that it doesn't pause and wait for a keypress to let you see that.</STRONG>

For some time now it has been suggested that the game should keep a DF style log of messages (or at least maybe some 100 last ones).
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2008, 05:37:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by a1s:
<STRONG>how much hart do they have?

For some time now it has been suggested that the game should keep a DF style log of messages (or at least maybe some 100 last ones).</STRONG>

The two people that vanished were 500+ juice.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2008, 08:57:00 pm »

Vengeful: their stats might not be high enough to support increasing the music skill beyond 5. Try raising their stats through juice then it should jump up.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Vengeful Donut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2008, 01:35:00 pm »

Music is capped by heart x2. No matter what their heart is, the cap won't be an odd number. I only have liberals with 9+ heart, so the cap wouldn't be that low in any case.

Twerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2008, 10:06:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Vengeful Donut:
<STRONG>Ive noticed that sometimes I get liberals who cant get more than 5 music skill, no matter how much training is applied (other getting trained to twenty-something) or how much they use music in combat.</STRONG>

Just so you guys know that Mr. Vengeful Donut is not insane, I have observed this too. =/ We're not talking low-juice people here, we're talking about my leader, and they certainly had enough heart, and enough juice.

Free-to-play games are like the fountains in NetHack. At first, they look refreshing, but when you approach snakes pour out and eat you.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2008, 03:28:00 am »

I'm taking a hiatus from the source, but IIRC, that cap at skill 5 should happen with music-based fundraising, but not training and guitar-fighting. I don't, off hand, know why it would bleed over into other areas though, or why it would only happen with some characters.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2008, 02:09:00 pm »

Preliminary tests indicate that if you max out your characters music doing fundraising, it will enjoy no further development.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2008, 07:43:00 pm »

Can't figure out a place to put this but awesome game.  Almost as good as DF.

Dwarf Fortress crashed on me with autosave off so was idling around the forums and decided to check this game out.

This game was originally made by Toady then open sourced and improved by all you folks right? Nice work.

P.S. I didn't even know what liberals and conservatives were before this game.  Guess I don't pay enough attention to politics.

P.S.S. I forgot how fun it was to learn new games like these.  I can make a gigantic fortress in a glacier with my eyes closed but in LCS I can't even move out of the homeless shelter without going broke.

[ February 27, 2008: Message edited by: Greiger ]

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2008, 01:00:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by a1s:
<STRONG>Preliminary tests indicate that if you max out your characters music doing fundraising, it will enjoy no further development.</STRONG>

Ohh, I can guess why that might happen. It's probably giving you negative experience after you hit max level in fundraising. I'll take a look at that when I get the chance. I'm a bit tied up in college work right now.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5