Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: Faery Tale Online  (Read 32049 times)

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
Re: Faery Tale Online
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2009, 02:38:35 am »

I've noticed it and bookmarked it. GO FASTER! I'M ANXIOUS!

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2009, 04:25:04 am »

So, anyone want to start a TYRANNYDemocracy? Athenian democracy...

Well, perhaps when the game is more developed, i.e. When we can get war, I don't think a City-state can work w/o slaves.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2009, 01:06:51 pm »

Bay12 forumers community versus the rest of the world. I call dibs on being the Bay12 smithy!!!
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2009, 04:14:41 pm »

Great work lumin, this looks set to be really good! I'll be keeping an eye on it for when it finally comes out.
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2009, 04:21:27 pm »

The "Meh" part to me is that I only get magic if I basically win the game's magic Lottery or pay through the nose prices for enchanted objects by powerful magical characters.

Lazer Bomb

• Bay Watcher
  • Sine! Cosine! TANGENT!
    • View Profile
    • Homepage 60☼
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2009, 04:23:48 pm »

Bay12 forumers community versus the rest of the world. I call dibs on being the Bay12 smithy!!!

Of course, in a RP situation you shouldn't bring outside info into the game.
I propose a secret message that shows you as a Bay Watcher, for insertion into regular conversation.
"You look like a mighty warrior indeed"?

Edit:
The "Meh" part to me is that I only get magic if I basically win the game's magic Lottery or pay through the nose prices for enchanted objects by powerful magical characters.
or...kill someone who has a magic item. *evil laugh*
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 04:25:43 pm by Lazer Bomb »
Kagus: "Still, demonic spelunking is always a promising idea."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2009, 04:31:12 pm »

Yeah but it doesn't matter because when you log off your character starves to death! HA!

Kusgnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2009, 01:26:59 am »

Sounds neat. Is it already opened up? I like Cantr, so I might like this as well...

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2009, 01:38:33 am »

I propose a secret message that shows you as a Bay Watcher, for insertion into regular conversation.

Sounds nice, of course in principle it doesn't really seem different from just saying, "Hi I'm from the bay12 forums.  Let's form an alliance!"  But I suppose it won't break the mood of the game.

Anyway, this looks fun and I'll be sure to try it out.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2009, 08:02:32 am »

We would need more than that, in case it catches on as a fad or meme amongst the unenlightened.
How about:
A:"You look like a mighty warrior indeed"
B:"Aye, I slayed a whole elf town with nothing but a butterfly and some vomit"
A:"beware of the carp though, it's common this time of year"
B:"I'm hoping for it. We have some nobility to entertain"
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 08:04:53 am by qwertyuiopas »
Eh?
Eh!

lumin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2009, 03:08:43 pm »

Hmmm, if the game developer knows your secret phrase, is it still a secret?  :P

Actually today, someone on the FTO forums made the suggestion that, via divine intervention, a whole village of characters could be transformed into a new race.

It actually sounds like a very good RP idea, instead of simply spawning a new race out of nothing.

Imagine forming a Bay12 village in the game using the *cough* secret phrase *cough*.  Since we're all into Dwarves, the community would probably be really big into mining and crafting stone and precious metals.  One day you log into the game and the gods have transformed your village into a new Dwarf race in response to the way you have been playing.

This method of creating new races could be applied across the board.  A village of mean-spirited warriors could be transformed into an Orc race, or a village of fishermen could become a race of sea creatures.

Of course all of this would happen very gradually when the game needed a new race to spice things up.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 03:14:46 pm by lumin »

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2009, 03:56:40 pm »

I'll join the "this sounds awesome!" crowd. Everything listed in the FAQ are the type of things that I'm very interested to see in games.

I'd love to betatest this too, I'm good at doing unusual things that break games.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2009, 04:41:56 pm »

I'd really love to see some kind of hereditary powers in this game, don't tell the players they have hereditary abilities though, also some kind of hereditary/random talents for certain things, it may not be very glorious but if someone is a natural at making things grow or crafting things out of metal, it might prove interesting.

Magnnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2009, 05:40:54 pm »

This looks like an awesome game, and it contains some great things that I love in games such as an RPG genre and extensive player built history. I would love to help you beta test it as an experienced gamer and fellow DF enthusiast  :D.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2009, 02:37:31 pm »

Since I heard about this game around a week ago (at the time of my last post), it has been bouncing around in my head constantly and I've checked the home page for updates (too) many times a day. I'm quite glad that I found about this game so late as the wait would have killed me. Although it isn't doing any good now either.

As the beta is creeping closer, I'm getting frighteningly excited about this game. So, keep up the good pace lumin, I hope you get it ready enough soon.

Also, is the world now put in motion for good (no restart at the end of beta for example), and is there already some children in the world from "Adam & Eve"?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14