Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]

Author Topic: LCS 4.00.5a Download - Now With 100% More Classic Mode  (Read 72807 times)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: LCS 4.00.5a Download - Now With 100% More Classic Mode
« Reply #450 on: December 12, 2009, 06:22:24 am »

The real trick is just to seduce the common people. Once they're on your side, they'll pass a term limits amendment (this is going to be more commonly seen in the next release, since they'll do it sooner if you're doing well) that will boot EVERYONE in congress out of office, re-electing the entire House and Senate all at once, and permanently changing the rules so that incumbency no longer matters -- making Congress much less pretty to look at, but much faster to respond to public pressure. Once Congress is Elite Liberal, they'll try to push an amendment that will evict all non-L+ Supreme Court justices from the bench, thereby enabling the President to appoint new ones. So once you elect an L+ president and get the population really itching for progress, the Government should, in theory, domino into place with a succession of Constitutional Amendments designed to seed L+ in all the slowest branches of government.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 12, 2009, 07:03:26 am »

Does that only work with seduction or can you achieve the same term limits effect through, say, violent raids?

Blacken

• Bay Watcher
  • Orange Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 12, 2009, 10:43:39 am »

The real trick is just to seduce the common people. Once they're on your side, they'll pass a term limits amendment (this is going to be more commonly seen in the next release, since they'll do it sooner if you're doing well)
Is the intent to make the game easier overall, or just to speed up the victory? I noticed in my last game that I had a pretty hard swing back toward Conservatism after I'd managed a little success, and the term limit amendment might increase variability a good bit.
"There's vermin fish, which fisherdwarves catch, and animal fish, which catch fisherdwarves." - Flame11235

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 12, 2009, 03:21:46 pm »

Oh, sorry, I meant seduce more metaphorically here. My bad. The term limits amendment is just to make the game shorter. It should make it easier if you keep the pressure up, but if the country reverts to Conservative it is possible that it could backfire.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 12, 2009, 05:09:08 pm »

(this is going to be more commonly seen in the next release, since they'll do it sooner if you're doing well)

Next release as in 401 or 402?
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 12, 2009, 05:31:18 pm »

As in 4.01.1 actually, which is unreleased as of this writing but should be out within a day or two.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 12, 2009, 05:32:33 pm »

Ah, cool.  Actually, would it make sense to have "electoral reform" as its own issue?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 12, 2009, 06:09:39 pm »

It is, but you need to create a building where you could then attack to influence that issue.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 12, 2009, 06:15:54 pm »

Polling station?  Electoral office?  Mayoral Residence/ Palace in C+?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 12, 2009, 06:33:41 pm »

CEO house seems the most logical to me.  It's CEO's who piss off liberals by donating the big bucks to the wrong side.  Publishing special issues about favors for donations for example.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]