Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31

Author Topic: LCS 4.00.5a Download - Now With 100% More Classic Mode  (Read 72397 times)

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.00.5a Download - Now With 100% More Classic Mode
« Reply #255 on: September 13, 2009, 12:11:01 pm »

The CCS might be in another town.

corvvs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 13, 2009, 12:45:11 pm »

I got an opinion poll message "The people are most concerned about the CCS terrorists" in classic mode. This is a bug right? Or does classic mode mean that they're still there but act very covertly? :)

EDIT: Another bug that REALLY affects gameplay is that your members may get wanted for murder for situations where the murderer was an ex-conservative converted by guitars and not a squad member. Happened to me with by security guards shooting at each other while my hippies were playing guitar at them. The conservative one died, and my people got wanted.

That's just showing how the Convervative media portrayed the events. "A protest on the streets of Seattle erupted in violence today, resulting in the death of a security guard. A group calling themselves 'The Liberal Crime Squad' has claimed responsibility for the day's events (technically meaning the protest, not the shooting, but guess what people think)."

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 13, 2009, 08:34:37 pm »

Another Bug: I kidnapped a judge but raised the alarm on my way out.  Because I had no vehicle, the squad fled on foot and was chased by two gang units.  The squad member holding the hostage eventually broke away from the chase and escaped.  However, now that he is back at the base, he is listed on the squad view as Antonio+H, and the hostage does not appear under the hostages view.

EDIT: I entered and re-exited a site, and now I have the hostage as I should, but I have a copy of the bugged save if necessary.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 08:05:47 am by Karlito »
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 14, 2009, 06:46:01 am »

... the squad fled on food and was ...

Oh my Science! He just drove away on a HAMBURGER!
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 14, 2009, 08:06:11 am »

I spend like 3 minutes trying to figure out how to word that sentence too...

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 15, 2009, 06:15:59 pm »

A minor bug: On the safehouse upgrade menu, purchasing most upgrades returns you to the upgrade screen, but purchasing a printing press puts you at the safehouse selection screen.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 16, 2009, 07:19:46 am »

A minor bug: On the safehouse upgrade menu, purchasing most upgrades returns you to the upgrade screen, but purchasing a printing press puts you at the safehouse selection screen.

Wait, that's a bug?

Anyway, that existed from way back, from Toady's versions I think. Nothing new. Strange it hasn't been fixed yet.
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #262 on: September 16, 2009, 09:21:16 am »

Damn, looks nice.
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 16, 2009, 09:45:21 am »

If we want to talk about minor UI bugs dating back to the Toady era, there's also still the placement and (non-uniform) behavior of the cursor when selecting quantities of items to pawn.

Topace3k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 16, 2009, 09:03:01 pm »

Thanks for another update!  I guess I'll have to download it again and give it another spin.

viskaslietuvai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 16, 2009, 10:34:28 pm »

Hey I really like the new lcs version but I don't know if what's happening is a bug or what. I was trying to keep a low profile, small thievery and whatnot, but found that I wasn't receiving any juice for my apartment thieving. Is this planned or something bizarre?
The open way's too dangerous / Listen close they're watching us
One more time you're losing us / Hold still they're shooting us
First wave down / I wonder when they're coming back
First wave intact
-Secret Machines- First Wave Intact
Gobbo Invasion Song!

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 17, 2009, 07:37:20 am »

I just raided a crack house and made it liberal. I have bought all the safehouse stuff there but one peculiarity is that it doesn't show. None of the items I bought is visible, and I'm afraid my booby traps don't work if the crack house gets raided...
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 17, 2009, 09:16:34 am »

Yeah, it doesn't show you any such stuff with crack houses. They do work though.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 17, 2009, 10:00:10 am »

Actually I think their mechanics bug as well, since one of my crack houses (which was fully upgraded) was initially eligible for publishing the Guardian, but then the paper stopped appearing, and my journalists couldn't write it there (as if there was no press). The only possibility is that the crack house was raided, but my newspaper people would've been killed then, right? The upgrades had disappeared - the purchase menu confirmed this.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 17, 2009, 03:26:43 pm »

THEY'RE BUGGED 'nuf said
Hello Hunam
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31