Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1690633 times)

ASnogarD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread - New Version Out Now!
« Reply #3090 on: May 04, 2010, 06:02:46 am »

I got it running fine except for one little issue...

It starts fine and follows my cursor nicely for a while but frequently will show just a blue screen (in the stonesense window) and while CTRL and arrows restore the image, I cant get it to resume following and updating.
Pressing F or CTRL F just does a update and toggles the message following DF window.

Is there a way to get the program to resume following and updating ?
(Updating, as in you see the dwarfs run about doing thier work )

I also noticed pressing + on the numeric pad twice will cause Stonesense to stop working and crash... every time, the first time you press it changes updates to 0.1 ... second time and you get a message from Windows.
(on Win 7 64bit Home Prem ed.)

Love the program, keep up the great work.

Dark_Tundra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: May 04, 2010, 07:11:41 am »

It starts fine and follows my cursor nicely for a while but frequently will show just a blue screen (in the stonesense window) and while CTRL and arrows restore the image, I cant get it to resume following and updating.
Pressing F or CTRL F just does a update and toggles the message following DF window.

Is there a way to get the program to resume following and updating ?
(Updating, as in you see the dwarfs run about doing thier work )

I get that every now and then... only solution I can suggest is restarting stonesense. I think it's losing the DF process somehow(not a programmer! wild guess!) and is just showing what it had last read when you use "CTRL and arrows".

amazoph

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: May 04, 2010, 12:38:59 pm »

Stonesense is crashing for me with opengl enabled - runs with it off though.

I'm running Win 7 and have an ATI Radeon 4850 - the crash report mentions the ATI opengl driver, so I'm probably out of luck.

Anyone else having similar problems?

MP2E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: May 04, 2010, 11:05:06 pm »

revision 786 refuses to build on Arch Linux with the allegro5 package installed:
Code: [Select]
[ 24%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/stonesense.dir/BlockCondition.cpp.o
In file included from /home/cray/stonesensesvn/ContentLoader.h:6:0,
                 from /home/cray/stonesensesvn/Block.cpp:9:
/home/cray/stonesensesvn/GroundMaterialConfiguration.h:16:38: error: ‘overridingMaterials’ was not declared in this scope
/home/cray/stonesensesvn/GroundMaterialConfiguration.h:16:35: error: ‘>>’ should be ‘> >’ within a nested template argument list
/home/cray/stonesensesvn/Block.cpp: In member function ‘void Block::Draw()’:
/home/cray/stonesensesvn/Block.cpp:544:84: error: cannot convert ‘int*’ to ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR*’ for argument ‘5’ to ‘void al_get_separate_blender(int*, int*, int*, int*, ALLEGRO_COLOR*)’
/home/cray/stonesensesvn/Block.cpp:586:153: error: conversion from ‘int’ to non-scalar type ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR’ requested
/home/cray/stonesensesvn/Block.cpp:595:100: error: conversion from ‘int’ to non-scalar type ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR’ requested
/home/cray/stonesensesvn/Block.cpp:616:79: error: conversion from ‘int’ to non-scalar type ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR’ requested
/home/cray/stonesensesvn/Block.cpp:625:170: error: conversion from ‘int’ to non-scalar type ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR’ requested
/home/cray/stonesensesvn/Block.cpp:627:82: error: conversion from ‘int’ to non-scalar type ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR’ requested
/home/cray/stonesensesvn/Block.cpp:651:124: error: conversion from ‘int’ to non-scalar type ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR’ requested
/home/cray/stonesensesvn/Block.cpp:653:78: error: conversion from ‘int’ to non-scalar type ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR’ requested
/home/cray/stonesensesvn/Block.cpp:657:121: error: conversion from ‘int’ to non-scalar type ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR’ requested
/home/cray/stonesensesvn/Block.cpp:659:78: error: conversion from ‘int’ to non-scalar type ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR’ requested
/home/cray/stonesensesvn/Block.cpp:673:153: error: conversion from ‘int’ to non-scalar type ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR’ requested
/home/cray/stonesensesvn/Block.cpp:675:79: error: conversion from ‘int’ to non-scalar type ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR’ requested
/home/cray/stonesensesvn/Block.cpp:682:169: error: conversion from ‘int’ to non-scalar type ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR’ requested
/home/cray/stonesensesvn/Block.cpp:684:81: error: conversion from ‘int’ to non-scalar type ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR’ requested
/home/cray/stonesensesvn/Block.cpp:740:161: error: conversion from ‘int’ to non-scalar type ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR’ requested
/home/cray/stonesensesvn/Block.cpp:745:79: error: conversion from ‘int’ to non-scalar type ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR’ requested
/home/cray/stonesensesvn/Block.cpp:769:153: error: conversion from ‘int’ to non-scalar type ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR’ requested
/home/cray/stonesensesvn/Block.cpp:771:79: error: conversion from ‘int’ to non-scalar type ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR’ requested
/home/cray/stonesensesvn/Block.cpp:776:169: error: conversion from ‘int’ to non-scalar type ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR’ requested
/home/cray/stonesensesvn/Block.cpp:778:81: error: conversion from ‘int’ to non-scalar type ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR’ requested
/home/cray/stonesensesvn/Block.cpp:807:154: error: conversion from ‘int’ to non-scalar type ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR’ requested
/home/cray/stonesensesvn/Block.cpp:811:80: error: conversion from ‘int’ to non-scalar type ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR’ requested
/home/cray/stonesensesvn/Block.cpp:818:170: error: conversion from ‘int’ to non-scalar type ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR’ requested
/home/cray/stonesensesvn/Block.cpp:822:82: error: conversion from ‘int’ to non-scalar type ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR’ requested
/home/cray/stonesensesvn/Block.cpp:834:154: error: conversion from ‘int’ to non-scalar type ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR’ requested
/home/cray/stonesensesvn/Block.cpp:836:80: error: conversion from ‘int’ to non-scalar type ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR’ requested
/home/cray/stonesensesvn/Block.cpp:841:170: error: conversion from ‘int’ to non-scalar type ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR’ requested
/home/cray/stonesensesvn/Block.cpp:843:82: error: conversion from ‘int’ to non-scalar type ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR’ requested
/home/cray/stonesensesvn/Block.cpp:946:77: error: conversion from ‘int’ to non-scalar type ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR’ requested
/home/cray/stonesensesvn/Block.cpp: In member function ‘void Block::DrawRamptops()’:
/home/cray/stonesensesvn/Block.cpp:981:85: error: cannot convert ‘int*’ to ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR*’ for argument ‘5’ to ‘void al_get_separate_blender(int*, int*, int*, int*, ALLEGRO_COLOR*)’
/home/cray/stonesensesvn/Block.cpp:1006:153: error: conversion from ‘int’ to non-scalar type ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR’ requested
/home/cray/stonesensesvn/Block.cpp:1008:79: error: conversion from ‘int’ to non-scalar type ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR’ requested
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/stonesense.dir/Block.cpp.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
In file included from /home/cray/stonesensesvn/ContentLoader.h:6:0,
                 from /home/cray/stonesensesvn/BlockCondition.cpp:4:
/home/cray/stonesensesvn/GroundMaterialConfiguration.h:16:38: error: ‘overridingMaterials’ was not declared in this scope
/home/cray/stonesensesvn/GroundMaterialConfiguration.h:16:35: error: ‘>>’ should be ‘> >’ within a nested template argument list
/home/cray/stonesensesvn/BlockCondition.cpp: In constructor ‘MaterialTypeCondition::MaterialTypeCondition(const char*, const char*)’:
/home/cray/stonesensesvn/BlockCondition.cpp:102:83: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
/home/cray/stonesensesvn/BlockCondition.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool NotConditionalNode::addCondition(BlockCondition*)’:
/home/cray/stonesensesvn/BlockCondition.cpp:325:66: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/stonesense.dir/BlockCondition.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/stonesense.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #3094 on: May 05, 2010, 01:39:32 am »

revision 786 refuses to build on Arch Linux with the allegro5 package installed:
Is it the right version? You need 4.9.19 AFAIK.

aldantefax

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: May 05, 2010, 05:45:48 am »

Hello! I have never actually tried using stonesense before, but I figure I would give it a whirl now that a version is out for the 2010 version of DF.

I experience some drastic slowdown, however, when I hook Stonesense into DF 31.03. I am running Win7 64-bit with an ATI 4800. Presently, if DF is running by itself on a fresh install, it runs excellent. As soon as Stonesense hooks in, there is visual hiccuping and input lag inside of DF. Fiddling with Partial Print in DF init.txt, as well as all combinations of USE_OPENGL and CACHE_IMAGES doesn't seem to do anything.

Any information pointing me in the right direction would be swell - otherwise, keep up the good work!

Petr Ga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: May 05, 2010, 06:21:23 am »

Hello! I have never actually tried using stonesense before, but I figure I would give it a whirl now that a version is out for the 2010 version of DF.

I experience some drastic slowdown, however, when I hook Stonesense into DF 31.03. I am running Win7 64-bit with an ATI 4800. Presently, if DF is running by itself on a fresh install, it runs excellent. As soon as Stonesense hooks in, there is visual hiccuping and input lag inside of DF. Fiddling with Partial Print in DF init.txt, as well as all combinations of USE_OPENGL and CACHE_IMAGES doesn't seem to do anything.

Any information pointing me in the right direction would be swell - otherwise, keep up the good work!

do you have df accelerator?
2: Give RMs a gas syndrome that causes RMs only to breed profusely.

aldantefax

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: May 05, 2010, 02:39:55 pm »

Not in the fresh build of DF 31.03 - I specifically created a brand new install of DF without addons to see if it would do the same thing (which, it did).

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: May 05, 2010, 07:13:29 pm »

I'm running Win7 64 bit, but with an 8800GT, no problems. Maybe it's you graphic card?

MP2E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: May 05, 2010, 08:06:22 pm »

Is it the right version? You need 4.9.19 AFAIK.
Yep, pacman -Qs allegro5 turns out version 4.9.19

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: May 06, 2010, 08:17:06 am »

much the same as the gentlemen on the previous page, and the same as the version of stonesense that was released for 2010 before the initial release, i cant get it going. verbose log in the spoilers

with opengl set to on it just crashes on start, regardless of DF running or not. with opengl off, i get this

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and then it just crashes. when i turned the caching thing off, i get this instead -

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

then it crashes with the message "cannot load image: buildings\include\...\workshops.png". dwarf fortress will also crash, trying to maniuplate it causes windows to pop up the message that df is no longer responding and needs to be closed.

the old version of stonesense did work ok on this computer.

im running an older windows xp machine with a p4 2.6ghz and onboard graphics card that dxdiag lists as "intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller" with 96mb of memory.

Spillbert

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: May 06, 2010, 09:19:08 am »

I'm also receiving a similar error but mine is stonesense cannot find a suitable process

Stonesense launched
4096 is too large. chopping it.
2048 works.
No Dwarf Fortress executable found
Exeption:couldn't find a suitable process
No Dwarf Fortress executable found

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonesene at Google Code
« Reply #3102 on: May 06, 2010, 09:47:17 am »

We are trying to analyze these problems, but most seem to stem from the graphics cards.

@Cheshire Cat: If DF locks up, at any point, use the dfunstuck.exe utility to save it. We know there are some instabilities for some users, and have included this tool for that very reason. It's all in the readme :)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: May 06, 2010, 11:46:24 am »

Cheshire cat: Your graphics card does not have enough memory to load all of the tiles included in stonesense, so you will need to disable some of them to get it to run.

there's a file in the stonesense root called index.txt that tells stonesense what content files to load. try adding a '#' to the beginning of the line referring to buildings/index.txt, to stop it from loading the building images. (they take the most memory, since there's a lot of them) this will replace all the buildings with yellow blocks, but should increase the chances of stonesense working. if that doesn't work, disable some more lines, like the vegetation, or creatures.

Marconius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: May 06, 2010, 06:32:54 pm »

I have a simple problem. The text in Stonesense doesn't seem to show up properly, half the letters are missing.

This issue is present both for the opening screen and in the actual isometric view, for creature names.

My Regional settings were set to Japanese. I set them to Hungarian (which is a fairly basic latin-letter using setting) as a test, but the problem remained.

I also tried changing the font type used, using a file I found elsewhere on my computer. The font changed properly, but the problem remained.

Any idea as to what may be wrong?
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 379