Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: Screamtortures - Bunkering down like Germans, hopefully with less leader suicide  (Read 28874 times)

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Screamtortures - Year 1 complete! Get ready for dwarves!
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2009, 02:24:51 am »

Hence, I have 2 champion markscats and 6 more in training. :D
That, and since my weapon/armorsmith likes daggers, all my non-wrestler military is going to be slicers (or at least mostly). (Except for my starting woodcutter/hunter/proficient chopper, at the least.)
Stabbers might be a decent idea, too, since if the weapon gets stuck they're basically screwed no matter how large they are.

So after I get a good military presence, all that's left is to antagonize the humans and elves, and enjoy constant bloody warfare. :P
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2009, 03:25:35 am »

Awww, don't piss of the humans.

Extort them for valuable resources, and toss a few toy mice to them to lull them into a false sense of security, before waiting for a really loaded caravan. Then you cripple the guards with a blowdart bombardment, and mop up the rest with a swarm of slicers. THEN you strip the armor and weapons from the caravan and guards, melt it down, and create cat-sized armor and daggers.

Also, can't you chronicle what you're doing in a thread? I hate waiting for this one.  :(
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Servu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2009, 04:20:38 am »

Seconded. The progress is agonizingly slow. I'd be surprised to see my turn before 2010.

Overspeculated

• Bay Watcher
  • euklid on pth
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2009, 01:12:07 pm »

So this is pretty much dead now?

Servu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2009, 01:28:26 pm »

So this is pretty much dead now?

Seems like it is... What happened to TauQuebb?

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2009, 01:45:09 pm »

I just PM'ed TauQuebb. This fortress shall not die! Unlike lots and lots of cats.
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2009, 01:59:48 pm »

MEEEOO-splat!!!!
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

TauQuebb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2009, 04:27:15 am »

I will have a go tonight, sorry, has been a buisy week

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2009, 11:31:59 am »

Tau? Tau? TAU?!
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.

TauQuebb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2009, 05:15:38 am »

Half year report Tsiru McFluffy

Well the past two seasons have been, interesting, the lazy felines around me have just about completed all the tasks I assigned them.

In the first few weeks of my rule the Dwarfs decided to turn up. We didn't like the look of them, non worthy of our adoption so we armed the trips and waited, two captured for later use and the rest minced. It was a glorious sight, i nearly died laughing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

However soon their friends showed up, only to be minced too, stupid dwarfs, will they never learn our superiority?

with the dwarfs delt with work began on the extended defence system, although they were all murdered hilariously, a few nearly made it through, so i have ordered the training of many more markscats, and the deforestation to keep them in training darts.

around midwinter however a surprise goblin wrestler turned up, we do not know where he came from or went, but he did kill two of our stupider brethren, no one i could afford to loose however.

Just recently however the basics of the new extended system have been comleated, see attached and masterful sketches, the airlock system should allow us to carefully trick the attackers that make it into an atrium, to be lined with markscats to mow them down.

The Traders are here, we did not buy anything, but i ordered gold, FOR MY GOLDEN MOUSE ON A SPRING AHAHA!

There has also been a large digging enterprise to make a ditch around a section of the wood for safe woodcutting. But the magma endeavour of the previous ruler is still not ready, it trickles like kitten urine, hopefully it may flow one day.

That is all for now, and the next report will be far more interesting, as work on my bedroom is soon to begin.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Screamtortures - Dwarves are pansies
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2009, 05:24:33 pm »

Kitten urine indeed.

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2009, 03:46:52 pm »

i give life and where the hell is teh updaytes >:(
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

Overspeculated

• Bay Watcher
  • euklid on pth
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2009, 06:15:33 am »

This thing is so dead

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2009, 04:49:25 pm »

This thing is so dead

*Slap*

N...no! You just...SHUT UP!

GAHHHH!  :'(

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2009, 10:15:08 pm »

:P to you, Overspec. :P.

Tau! Progress? Sounds like you did a kick-ass job so far, but I'm greedy and want moooore! I MUST SEE KITTEN URINE DROWNING TRAPS DAMMIT
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17