Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: What are you like drunk?  (Read 7016 times)

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What are you like drunk?
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2009, 08:36:10 am »

I'm one of those "I love you guys" drunks. That is, I get obnoxiously friendly with everyone when I drink too much. It's annoying, but it sure is better than being an aggressive drunk.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2009, 08:58:17 am »

I'm sXe man!

No smoke, no drink, no fuck, no drugs!

And shame on any underage that got drunk!

Juice is way better!

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2009, 09:02:07 am »

I hunt for more booze. I normally end up with ever more convoluted and slowed down speech, until I sound like extreme prog doom metal.

Juice is not better unless it is the fermented juice of grapes.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2009, 09:03:11 am »

I just don't drink alcohol. Both taste ( well, smell) and I don't like the idea of it messing with my brain.

Also, I have the feeling i wouldn't like myself when drunk, and possibly even do some damage.

edit: /\ quite similar to the person described rooster post. I am careful even with caffeine ( oversensitive: if i drink just a bit more coca cola than usual, i start getting very nervous, and i have problems sleeping).

Really, my brain is standing on a thin line, it needs no further help to fall down.

florian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2009, 11:02:32 am »

Bay12 seems to have an odd amount of teetotalers. For I am also one.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2009, 11:05:19 am »

I think it should be a bannable offence. Teetotallers are less dwarfy than elves.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2009, 11:08:01 am »

I had beer once, got drunk enough to screw over a friendship but not drunk enough to forget about it in the morning. Also, beer tastes too bitter for my tastes, I don't even drink coffee all that often.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2009, 11:08:51 am »

Well. Coming from Scotland I have probably inherited some sort of alcholic gene from my generations passed. I don't drink often, but when I do I go all out mostly. I enjoy being drunk as I do lose most of my constricting inhibitions; such as shyness... well actually thats the only thing I lose. I generally start flirting with people (yes people, not just girls you bigots :D) alot more as well. Theres a fairly heavy drinking culture here. The usual before a night out clubbing is at least 2 or 3 pints of ale, maybe a few shots or some mixers. Then at the clubs its usually quick shots or jack and cokes. All I can say is that having the drinking age at 18 is awesome.

On a side note: This is just a wee side question to ask. I hope you don't mind Tack. How much alcohol does it take to get you drunk to a point where you know your drunk. And if it happens, how much before you start forgetting.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2009, 11:40:36 am »

I don't drink, but if I did I'd be the coolest drunk ever.
Shoes...

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2009, 11:51:43 am »

I don't usually drink, and it's even rarer that I'll get drunk, but when I do I'm pretty much the same, only I fall over more, and I make stupider decisions.
Worst thing I did while drunk was feel up a friend a bit. Boy, was I saying sorry to her when I came out of it.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2009, 11:52:46 am »

@Cthulhu:I approve your presidentness. Non drinkers unite!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2009, 11:53:22 am »

The only time I ever got drunk is when I faked it... alright I never got drunk

Though what is interesting is apperantly I am under moral obligation never to get drunk.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2009, 11:55:31 am »

On a side note: This is just a wee side question to ask. I hope you don't mind Tack. How much alcohol does it take to get you drunk to a point where you know your drunk. And if it happens, how much before you start forgetting.
Quite a lot. At my birthday party I had 2 double dark rums, 2 double scotches, a double jack daniels, 2 double brandies, three pints of ale over 7% alcohol, five pints over 4% alcohol, two glasses of merlot and a glass of some white wine.
Worryingly, I wasn't all that drunk, so I should watch out for drinking too much.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2009, 11:57:17 am »

I think it should be a bannable offence. Teetotallers are less dwarfy than elves.
Hey man, we're humans.  Alcohol makes us drunk, instead of sober like it does with dwarves.

Being 17, I don't drink.  And curiously enough, being raised by a connisieur of beers has made me think that beer for the sake of beer is not worth it unless it actually tastes good.  Traditional family trait, that line of thought.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Eidalac

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecchi Inside
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2009, 12:02:42 pm »

Meh, I don't drink.

It all tastes like... nasty water-logged wood.

I kinda wish I could drink socially, for the social part, but I could never make myself take more than a sip of anything I've ever tried.
is he okay?
In the traditional sense of the word?  No, he's been dissolved in magma.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7