Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d16] injured drowsy dwarf won't rest/drink/eat/move  (Read 2481 times)

elthar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Photo[gallery]
[40d16] injured drowsy dwarf won't rest/drink/eat/move
« on: March 03, 2010, 02:56:56 pm »

I have two guards who got injured during some sparring session (don't know if they fought each other or that wasn't the case), they've gone to bed to rest and then... both got paralyzed. both just can't move, so they're dying of hunger and thirst, and as they have no injuries whatsoever, only drowsiness, noone is taking care of them. they're also not resting because i moved the bed out and nothing changed.
and what's even more interesting, they both got frozen on the same tile.

i have save in case anyone is going to take a look at that bug.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d16] injured drowsy dwarf won't rest/drink/eat/move
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 05:33:25 pm »

This sounds familiar, I think I've seen a post relating to something similar before. Are the two dwarves on top of each other and it looks like they are doing wrestling?

I believe there was a solution, although I don't remember if any of them involved Dwarf Companion. Try a bunch of stuff such as deconstructing the bed, deactivating them (if possible), putting them on duty, etc.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 12:56:06 pm »

This is a known bug in which sparring dwarves can become stuck somehow, unable to move or take any action.  To reset them you have to force them to move by collapsing the floor under them, or knock them out with dust from a nearby cave-in.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 09:03:54 pm »

You said "they've gone to bed to rest."  Did they get there on their own, or were they carried?