Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Random reaction-ish idea  (Read 2301 times)

deoxys413

• Bay Watcher
  • Space. It's quiet, too quiet...
    • View Profile
Random reaction-ish idea
« on: July 01, 2010, 11:42:34 am »

Late at night in that stupor upon which everything sound funny and the most brilliant/stupid of ideas emerges this came to mind: Jello
As I sampled this semi-solid treat DF took over and I was thinking that it would be awesome to implement given the folloing criteria...

1) gelatin powder is put into water to instaintly solidify a square or two into jello, acts sorta like ice
2) this 'ice' acts like stone in a way that when dug out it leaves a 'stone' of edible gelatin for food and such.
3) Have it act like ice in the way that you can encase creatures in it, I laugh at the thought of having golbins as the fruity bits substitute.

So as someone who has never modded before I ask those of you who know if this is possible and then if it is reasonable plausible.
WATER is the universal solvent.
MAGMA is the universal solution.

Fullmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Elfless
    • View Profile
Re: Random reaction-ish idea
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 01:02:06 pm »

Simply not possible. And won't be in near future. There are only two ways to create natural walls — cooling down magma and freezing water. Both are hardcoded.
Quote from: Fishbulb
I got an artifact cave spider silk sock this morning. It's worth 5,720 dwarfbucks, and it doesn't menace with spikes of anything.
Dwarfs don't have issues.  Dwarfs merely have inspiration for the legendary artifact they will one day make.
Quote from: Urist son of Urist
Considering the general state of DF, I think Einstein and Newton are already rotating fast enough that you could hook them up to pumps and use them to kill Elves.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: Random reaction-ish idea
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 01:17:41 pm »

Well you could freeze the water with the stuff. You'd just make it below waters freezing temperature, either extremely or just.

I have no idea how this frozen 'water' would act. I don't know if the powder will be recovered from being dug and if the ice will stay in boulder form or w/e
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!