Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 399652 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #1725 on: January 17, 2011, 06:23:35 pm »

Umm I dont Know how to mod but I was wondering could someone make me an aboveground plant avaliable on embark

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: January 17, 2011, 06:34:08 pm »

No.  At least, not one that you could use without having to jump through some hoops.  Dwarves are set so they don't use above ground plants, so adding a new one won't change that.

But, if you just want to be able to embark with the existing above-ground plants, open entity_default.txt, located in your DF/raw/objects folder, and add this tag to the MOUNTAIN entity:  [OUTDOOR_FARMING].  You'll have to generate a new world after doing this.

Example:
[ENTITY:MOUNTAIN]
   [CIV_CONTROLLABLE]
   [CREATURE:DWARF]
   [TRANSLATION:DWARF]
        [OUTDOOR_FARMING]
   [DIGGER:ITEM_WEAPON_PICK]
   [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_AXE_BATTLE]
   [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_HAMMER_WAR]
   [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_SHORT]
   [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SPEAR]
   [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_MACE]

The farming tags are usually located a bit farther down the entity, but I put it at the top there to make it easy to find the right place to add it.
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: January 17, 2011, 06:39:06 pm »

Thank you

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: January 17, 2011, 10:14:06 pm »

How do I put temp on a bolt for a crossbow

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: January 17, 2011, 11:01:35 pm »

quick question- is it possible to change the amount of points you start with at embark?

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: January 18, 2011, 07:29:53 am »

However, they just show up as a blank square. Everything else seems to be in order, except for the deadly bite and the Alpha male caste.

Since you have QUADRUPED_JOINTS defined in the BODY and since you have BODY defined inside the FEMALE and MALE castes, it seems to me that you used the wolf from the Genesis Mod as a base. It took me some extra time searching to figure that out. Perhaps you should have made this clear?

I'm guessing lowering the ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC and raising the ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC would make the deadly bite work...

I had asked about something similar just a few posts ago. It seems that changing those causes the game "to behave weirdly":

3) I want the stinger of my custom creature to have a very good chance of penetrating even steel armor in order to inflict a syndrome. I suppose one possibility would be to modify the ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC and/or ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC.

Not without forcing it to behave weirdly. By raising the contact perc you're turning that stinger into a blade. An alternative which doesn't show up in the vanilla game is ATTACK_VELOCITY_MODIFIER. Use that in the same place as the contact/penetration tags and set it to something high (several hundred).

Another bug: You have PETVALUE defined twice. Is it supposed to be 150 or 500? I'd say the minimum value would be 200 (like a giant lion or tiger). But since this is an uber wolf, maybe something like 300 (like a black bear) or 400? I'm not sure if it's possible, but it would be neat if you could specify a PETVALUE of 500 for the male, considering that it is more powerful.

Perhaps it is possible to make the male's BODY_SIZE larger, too? It's supposed to be the leader of the pack, right?

And, if you want an actual Alpha Male, may I suggest that you change the male/female cast ratio to make males rare-ish? You could probably do that with POP_RATIO, something like this:
Code: [Select]
[CASTE:FEMALE]
[FEMALE]
[POP_RATIO:5]
[CASTE:MALE]
[MALE]
[POP_RATIO:1]

I see that you set [FREQUENCY:350]. Clearly, you did not read the DF2010:Creature tokens page on the wiki very closely. FREQUENCY is described as:
Determines the time between creature spawns in Fortress Mode. Higher is more occurrences per time unit. Creatures without a frequency statement default to 50. Almost all others have either [FREQUENCY:5] or [FREQUENCY:100].
Setting this to 350 makes no sense because the maximum is 100.
Besides, do you really want these uber-wolves to randomly spawn on the map more frequently than small vermin like toads, flies, and ants? Even the large roach only has [FREQUENCY:50]. The wolf in Vanilla DF only has [FREQUENCY:5]. Maybe you should set it to something like 10?

I just want the Triwolf Alpha Male to have a deadlier bite than the others, and his fur to be white, but I'm not sure how I am supposed to fit that in.

Perhaps you could adapt the code "3" suggested to me (to make my critter's stinger as strong as steel)? Your Triwolf's bite attack revolves around TOOTH, so perhaps this could be added to make steel-like teeth?:
[TISSUE:TOOTHTIP]
[TISSUE_NAME:tooth-tip:tooth-tips]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:STEEL]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
[CONNECTS]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH:TOOTHTIP]

I just want the Triwolf Alpha Male to have a deadlier bite than the others, and his fur to be white, but I'm not sure how I am supposed to fit that in.

Define the alpha caste, then select it specifically when dealing with the sections you want to change. Example:

[SELECT_CASTE:MALE]
[SELECT_ADDITIONAL_CASTE:FEMALE]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:HAIR]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BLACK:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:hair:SINGULAR]
[SELECT_CASTE:ALPHA_MALE]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:WHITE:1]
[SELECT_CASTE:ALL]
      [SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN]
Um... This changing of hair color reminds me of wanting to change my creature's blood to blue. You said that using TL_COLOR_MODIFIER does not actually change the color of the material (only the descriptor) and that GRAY is the default color for hair:

...Those tokens are used for descriptor modifiers. They do nothing to the actual material (hair, for example, is always GRAY so long as it's called from the basic template, but it's described as being different colours).

What you want to do is select the material and change the actual colour:

[SELECT_MATERIAL:ICHOR]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:BLUE]
[STATE_COLOR:LIQUID:BLUE]
[STATE_COLOR:GAS:BLUE]

Perhaps for Repulsion's alpha male triwolf the STATE_COLOR and DISPLAY_COLOR tags could be added, like this?:
[SELECT_CASTE:ALPHA_MALE]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:WHITE:1]
[SELECT_MATERIAL:HAIR]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL:WHITE]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:7:0:1]

PS: Repulsion, did you know that you can define more than one PREFSTRING for the same creature? (The mountain goat has 3 PREFSTRINGs.) PREFSTRING is used to set "what other creatures like about this creature." Since the triwolf is similar to a wolf, perhaps you would like to have both "focused eyes" and "cunning" to allow dwarves to like them for either reason?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 07:37:47 am by Thundercraft »

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: January 18, 2011, 08:53:09 am »

Thanks for all the info, Thundercraft. As I've said, I'm very new to modding, so I'm expecting to bumble through a lot. And yes, I did use the ice wolf from genesis mod as a base, and then edited from their because I'm not sure how to just write one up from scratch.

Anyways, here are the updated Triwolf raws:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

They probably aren't completely correct now and are most likely buggy still. The one thing that I can see that is wrong immediately is that in the arena it just shows three possible Triwolfs to choose from, and not their specified names. The Alpha Male would appear as just 'Triwolf' and such.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: January 18, 2011, 01:51:42 pm »

quick question- is it possible to change the amount of points you start with at embark?

Yes, you can set it in world gen parameters.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: January 18, 2011, 06:27:06 pm »

...The one thing that I can see that is wrong immediately is that in the arena it just shows three possible Triwolfs to choose from, and not their specified names. The Alpha Male would appear as just 'Triwolf' and such.

Look at ants inside creature_insects.txt for an example of how to set up multiple castes within the same species. CASTE_NAME is normally found near the top. See how they moved CASTE_NAME to inside the CASTE definition? That way the name for each CASTE displays properly. Perhaps this would work?:
   [CASTE:FEMALE]
      [FEMALE]
      [CASTE_NAME:bitch triwolf:bitch triwolves:bitch triwolf]
      [POP_RATIO:4]
      [BODY:QUADRUPED:QUADRUPED_JOINTS:TAIL:3EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:5TOES_FQ:4TOES_RQ:MOUTH:GENERIC_TEETH_WITH_LARGE_EYE_TEETH:RIBCAGE:FEMALEGEN]
   [CASTE:MALE]
      [CASTE_NAME:triwolf:triwolves:triwolf]
      [POP_RATIO:3]
      [BODY:QUADRUPED:QUADRUPED_JOINTS:TAIL:3EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:5TOES_FQ:4TOES_RQ:MOUTH:GENERIC_TEETH_WITH_LARGE_EYE_TEETH:RIBCAGE:MALEGEN]
   [CASTE:ALPHA_MALE]
      [MALE]
      [CASTE_NAME:alpha triwolf:alpha triwolves:alpha triwolf]
      [BODY:QUADRUPED:QUADRUPED_JOINTS:TAIL:3EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:5TOES_FQ:4TOES_RQ:MOUTH:GENERIC_TEETH_WITH_LARGE_EYE_TEETH:RIBCAGE:MALEGEN]

This code specifies the females as "bitch triwolf", the males as "triwolf", and the alpha males as "alpha triwolf". Notice that I removed the [MALE] from the [CASTE:MALE] ? They still have the MALEGEN (male genitals as specified in Genesis Mod), though. But removing the [MALE] tag means that they do not get to mate with the females. Only the alpha male does. (However, you may want to change that back as this does not give much of a chance to produce pups. And, anyway, I suspect when raising them as pets even non-alphas can mate.) Also, I added POP_RATIO to the other castes to give a ratio of 4 females and 3 males to every 1 alpha male. With POP_RATIO on the alpha triwolf alone, it would not work right.

Anyway, I've spent days reading the wiki and looking at the creature raws to get an idea how to mod and I think that helps considerably. And don't be afraid to experiment. (But only after saving backups beforehand, of course.)

Tcei

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear me! I am Bekat the Adorable Skull!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: January 18, 2011, 07:21:31 pm »

*sigh* I give up after playing around with this for almost 2 hours I still cant get the little buggers to behave properly. Probably a very simple and stupid mistake like my last one. Thanks for the answer for the last one btw. :)

Anyways, what I want my forest spiders to do is have different syndromes for the different castes.  So far any time my queen uses her venom she ends up using the template for the huntress's venom. Rather than her own.
If I remove the huntress completely from the raws, the queen will  use the correct venom, but it doesnt seem to have any effect on any creature I have her fight.

Here's the raws.
creature_tc

[OBJECT:CREATURE]

[CREATURE:SPIDER_FOREST_GIANT]
    [NAME:giant forest spider:giant forest spiders:giant forest spider]
    [CREATURE_TILE:'S'][COLOR:7:0:0]
    [PETVALUE:2500]
    [PET]
    [BIOME:ANY_FOREST]
    [NO_SLEEP]
    [NOPAIN][EXTRAVISION][NOSTUN][NOEMOTION][NOFEAR]
    [LARGE_ROAMING][FREQUENCY:100][DIFFICULTY:3]
    [POPULATION_NUMBER:10:20]
    [CARNIVORE][NATURAL]
    [BUILDINGDESTROYER:1]
    [LARGE_PREDATOR]
    [SAVAGE]
    [GRASSTRAMPLE:10]
    [PREFSTRING:webs]
    [NOBONES]
    [BODY:SPIDER:2EYES:HEART:GUTS:BRAIN:MOUTH]
    [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:CHITIN_MATERIALS]
    [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:CHITIN_TISSUES]
    [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:EXOSKELETON_TISSUE_LAYERS:CHITIN:FAT:MUSCLE]
    [SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:HEART:BY_CATEGORY:HEART]
        [TL_MAJOR_ARTERIES]
    [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_HEAD_POSITIONS]
    [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SINEW:SINEW_TEMPLATE]
    [TENDONS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
    [LIGAMENTS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
    [HAS_NERVES]
    [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:ICHOR:ICHOR_TEMPLATE]
    [BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:ICHOR:LIQUID]
    [CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
    [GETS_WOUND_INFECTIONS]
    [GETS_INFECTIONS_FROM_ROT]
    [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:PUS:PUS_TEMPLATE]
    [PUS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:PUS:LIQUID]
    [BODY_SIZE:0:0:10000]
    [BODY_SIZE:1:0:50000]
    [BODY_SIZE:2:0:100000]
    [BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
    [BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
    [BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
    [ALL_ACTIVE]
    [HOMEOTHERM:10040]
    [CASTE:QUEEN]
        [FEMALE]
        [DESCRIPTION:A giant forest dwelling  female spider, they are valued for their webs.]
        [CASTE_NAME:forest spider queen:forest spider queens:forest spider queen]
    [CASTE:HUNTRESS]
        [CASTE_NAME:forest spider huntress:forest spider huntresses:forest spider huntress]
        [DESCRIPTION:A giant forest dwelling  female spider, they are known for their visiousness.]
        Female, but non-breeding.
        [POP_RATIO:10]
    [CASTE:DRONE]
        [CASTE_NAME:forest spider drone:forest spider drones:forest spider drone]
        [DESCRIPTION:A large forest dwelling male spider, they are valued for their webs, and are known to be very benign.]
        [POP_RATIO:5]
        [MALE]
    [SELECT_CASTE:QUEEN]
        [SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:CHITIN]
                [TLCM_NOUN:chitin:SINGULAR]
        [THICKWEB][WEBIMMUNE][PARALYZEIMMUNE]
        [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SILK:SILK_TEMPLATE]
        [WEBBER:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SILK]
        [MAXAGE:200:300]
        [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:POISON:CREATURE_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE]
        [STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:frozen giant forest spider queen venom]
        [STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen giant forest spider queen venom]
        [STATE_NAME:LIQUID:giant forest spider queen venom]
        [STATE_ADJ:LIQUID:giant forest spider queen venom]
        [STATE_NAME:GAS:boiling giant forest spider queen venom]
        [STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling giant forest spider queen venom]
        [PREFIX:NONE]
        [ENTERS_BLOOD]
        [SYNDROME]
            [SYN_NAME:giant forest spider queen bite]
            [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
            [SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:SPIDER_FOREST_GIANT:ALL]
            [SYN_INJECTED]
            [CE_NECROSIS:SEV:100:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:5:PEAK:100:END:200]
            [CE_PAIN:SEV:100:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:5:PEAK:150:END:500]
            [CE_VOMIT_BLOOD:SEV:100:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:5:PEAK:250:END:500]
            [ATTACK:STING:BODYPART:BY_CATEGORY:MOUTH]
            [ATTACK_SKILL:BITE]
            [ATTACK_VERB:bite:bites]
            [ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
            [ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
            [ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
            [ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH]
            [SPECIALATTACK_INJECT_EXTRACT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:POISON:LIQUID:100:100]
    [SELECT_CASTE:HUNTRESS]
        [SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:CHITIN]
            [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:AMBER:1]
                [TLCM_NOUN:chitin:SINGULAR]
        [MAXAGE:50:100]
        [STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:frozen giant forest spider huntress venom]
        [STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen giant forest spider huntress venom]
        [STATE_NAME:LIQUID:giant forest spider huntress venom]
        [STATE_ADJ:LIQUID:giant forest spider huntress venom]
        [STATE_NAME:GAS:boiling giant forest spider huntress venom]
        [STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling giant forest spider huntress venom]
        [PREFIX:NONE]
        [ENTERS_BLOOD]
        [SYNDROME]
            [SYN_NAME:giant forest spider huntress bite]
            [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
            [SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:SPIDER_FOREST_GIANT:ALL]
            [SYN_INJECTED]
            [CE_PARALYSIS:SEV:100:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:5:PEAK:100:END:200]
            [CE_FEVER:SEV:100:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:5:PEAK:150:END:500]
            [CE_UNCONSCIOUSNESS:SEV:100:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:5:PEAK:250:END:500]
        [ATTACK:STING:BODYPART:BY_CATEGORY:MOUTH]
        [ATTACK_SKILL:BITE]
        [ATTACK_VERB:bite:bites]
        [ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
        [ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
        [ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
        [ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH]
        [SPECIALATTACK_INJECT_EXTRACT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:POISON:LIQUID:100:100]
    [SELECT_CASTE:ALL]
        [SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:EYE]
                [TLCM_NOUN:eyes:PLURAL]
    [SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL]
        [MULTIPLY_VALUE:4]
....They just refuse to stay down unless butchered, in which case their skins will haunt you until you subdue and tan them. Never has legendary butcher and legendary tanner seemed so valueable as in this release.

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: January 18, 2011, 07:52:31 pm »

This is more of a theoretical question than anything since I haven't tried modding yet and I doubt that I will, but... how many arms can I put on a creature, and can I get said creature to wield more than one weapon in combat? I was thinking Mariliths, or Nagas as they are known in Heroes of Might and Magic... lower half of a snake, so they're gastropods (oh, right, is that possible?), upper half is a six-armed humanoid. So, say, would making one here be possible in theory, a creature with six arms and a sword in each?
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: January 18, 2011, 08:05:18 pm »

*sigh* I give up after playing around with this for almost 2 hours I still cant get the little buggers to behave properly. Probably a very simple and stupid mistake like my last one. Thanks for the answer for the last one btw. :)

Anyways, what I want my forest spiders to do is have different syndromes for the different castes.  So far any time my queen uses her venom she ends up using the template for the huntress's venom. Rather than her own.
If I remove the huntress completely from the raws, the queen will  use the correct venom, but it doesnt seem to have any effect on any creature I have her fight.

Here's the raws.

Both your poisons are named POISON.

Materials are per-creature, rather than per-caste, so if you have two materials with the same name in a creature, the first will be overwritten by the second.  To fix your problem, name the Queen's poison POISON_QUEEN and the huntress's POISON_HUNTRESS (for example).  You will need to create two bite attacks, one for each caste.  Fortunately, attacks are unique to the caste they are declared in, so you can give the queen a bite that injects POISON_QUEEN and the huntress an attack that injects POISON_HUNTRESS.

Not sure why the SYNDROME's not working, it looks fine to me.  Try adding LOCALIZED to the necrosis and pain tags, that might help...?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 08:07:42 pm by D_E »
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: January 18, 2011, 08:23:13 pm »

So, say, would making one here be possible in theory, a creature with six arms and a sword in each?

Yes, and yes.

Wielding more than one weapon at once is impossible regardless of the number of arms, but you'll be able to make something that can use more that one shield at a time (this'll occur regardless of whether you want it to or not, which tends to result in multi-limbed civvers becoming quite overpowered).
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 11:14:51 pm by 3 »

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: January 18, 2011, 10:58:50 pm »

Changing the colour of the descriptor is the point. Every single creature in the game has grey hair, described as different colours. Not one creature changes the base hair colour, nor would doing so cause the hair to be described as said colour.

It's a different case for blood as you actually see the material itself on the ground. Currently, hair never leaves the body unless it's burned off (and even then no traces remain), so the material colour is irrelevant.

That's a good point. However, I thought there were a few that dropped hair.
I did read this:
...as for how to get hair, you can get hair from horses and mules as well, its part of their manes and tails and when butchered, they drop hair.
That might just be relevant for an older version, though.

That topic (DF2010 Inquiry - thread from hair) did have some suggestions on how to modify DF to get creatures to drop hair and how to use the hair for reactions.

And due to how non-existent or scarce shell was, some players added the [SHELL] tag to feather, chitin, nail, scale and/or hair to be usable for moods.

Also, there's the Direforged Mod, which "Added the ability to "tan" hair, scales, and chitin." And the latest version is current for DF 0.31.18. Haven't tried it yet, but it claims to be able to process hair into "fur".

Besides, Toady plans to do something with hair eventually... right?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 11:09:12 pm by Thundercraft »

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: January 18, 2011, 11:02:02 pm »

Evidently I'm wrong in the regard of hair being purely descriptive. My point still stands.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 357