Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 602700 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #210 on: May 03, 2010, 04:46:42 pm »

Hmm! If there's an elf not busy with loading up the goods, please count the votes.

I'm too lazy busy myself, what a pity.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 03, 2010, 06:19:17 pm »

This is somewhat close to the vote count probably if we can only take one not counting those who said either or and probably messing up on some vote switches.

Ima:10
Ale:3
Amala:9
Cero:1

...............................I can say with certainty that if Ale Broadstrokes were a woman, s/he would beat the competition easily.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 03, 2010, 07:10:05 pm »

I vote Amala.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 03, 2010, 07:50:33 pm »

The Elves of Amanereli gather to discuss who they trust to lead the caravan. There are those who love their princess dearly and wish not to part with her, but the dangers of this world are great, and there is still a great part of the eastern lands that lay unexplored by elves. The risks are too great to send the Queen's daughter, and so, Amala, trusted Ranger, Master Bowelf is chosen.

The Queen gives her blessings to which Amala replies, "It is an honor to lead this expedition in your name, Queen Lothena. I will see the caravan safely to the Dwarven lands from which we shall return with all the riches of the great mountains."

Nodding her approval, the Queen adds, "It shall be the first step towards enlightening the stout mountain peoples of the far east. All our hearts go with you and the brave elves in your company, Amala Nightglimmer. May the Dwarves welcome you with open arms!"

The final preparations are made. Cero draws up a list of goods, slipping it to Amala, included is a list of elves under her command as well as a map to the Dwarven Mountain Home of Copper Gates. He seems fairly upset that he wasn't chosen, and he mutters under his breath, "Perhaps if I had a little more girth in my chest, I might have actually received some votes. Bah! Who am I to question the children of Amanereli? Do remember to be courteous and polite when you are finally granted audience with the Dwarves, Ranger, I would hate to see you blow our opportunities because of poor tact."

The List.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Map.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

After reviewing the list, Ms. Nightglimmer looks over the map and determines there are two courses to take:

1. Head south across the great plains and into human lands, making use of their roads. Though the elves have commanded respect from the humans, there are still tensions between the two races, as the humans are jealous of Amanereli's power, but for now, there is peace between Kisenithim and Amanereli.

2. Avoid the humans by crossing the Plains of Torment, elephant country. This route leads to the Whispering Marshes and the Hills of Foreboding, but Amala is confident she can use her Ranger skills to find passage through these lands.

The Queen does not wish to risk so much of Amanereli's royal blood in a single trip, so has requested that Ima, Ale and Cero stay behind. Amala has swapped out the swordselves for bowelves (already listed) to compliment her preferred combat tactics. Will there be any other changes to the list? Any additions that should be made? Also, which course should the caravan take?

Note: I counted up the votes, going by people's first choice and ignoring the change of mind when they switched from Amala to Ima after thinking they could have ALL four candidates. Another note, I'm working long shifts the next two weeks straight, and so updates will either be slower, or contain less art than I'd like to include.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 03, 2010, 07:53:02 pm »

Route 2 sounds more FUN. I vote for that.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 03, 2010, 07:53:26 pm »

Route 2.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 03, 2010, 07:55:55 pm »

Route 2
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 03, 2010, 07:57:32 pm »

Route number two!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 03, 2010, 07:59:34 pm »

Route 2. Route 1 is too diplomatically dangerous - Kill a few human bandits, and the local peasantry would probably misinterpret our actions, even if we offered to share the meat.

Do we have enough food, or are we going to live off of the land?

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 03, 2010, 08:55:18 pm »

Route one. We can trade with the humans for some humanly goods, thereby avoiding their ire when we arrive with only booze (good) and cloth (very, very bad).

Oh, and do we have some pot for the elephants? NO. so route 2 = impaled!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 03, 2010, 09:00:08 pm »

Route 2, lets kill us some ellies!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 03, 2010, 09:47:41 pm »

Route 2
As posted earlier, it's more fun!

Besides, as we are in peace with the humans, we should not risk that by doig something stupid in their lands.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 03, 2010, 09:57:35 pm »

Two.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Kelbin

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:terrifyingly blocky features]
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 03, 2010, 10:20:32 pm »

One because I want to see artwork of humans Umans.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 10:24:31 pm by Kelbin »
Coalition soldier cancels attack dummy brain: interrupted by Rocklet. x6
Rocklet has scuttled!
Crab has been crushed! x106
Coalition soldier has been crushed! x6
Crab has been crushed! x43

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 03, 2010, 10:20:41 pm »

As for the success I'd vote for route one. But I vote for route TWO. Cause, you know, fun.

And why do we bring so little herbs? What if the elephant smokes all of them in the middle of journey? More herbs. Also, less unarmored elves, more bowelves! Also, less spearelves, more bowelves! Also, less hoary marmots, more bowelves!!!
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant
medals: 8/40
specials: 30/44
badges: 13:8:3:0:0
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 185