Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 56

Author Topic: Godhood I Play Thread  (Read 72480 times)

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Godhood I Play Thread
« on: April 27, 2010, 12:38:04 pm »

Godhood. A game where the players ascend to Godhood, creating a universe from the very Essence.

Out of Character Discussion Thread
Universe Summarization Thread

If you want to join up, fill in the God template that you can find in the OOC thread and post it there to avoid cluttering up this one. You can find the rules on the Summarization Thread.

Note: I expect at least a little seriousness. (But not too much, I'm not sane enough to take that.) Toady's Dwarf Fortress level of seriousness would be just about right.

Emptiness, nothing. No worlds, not warmth. Xarn shivered: The void was a place of nothing, a place where time, planes, space and power were nonexistent, and great at the same time. Xarn was a restless God, eager to change the void. But, without Gods to command, he could not directly tap into the universes essences. Instead, he was in need of lesser Gods to create a creation, to live eternal lives, and to fill the void. Xarn shivered, and his formless being cut the essence. Soon, Gods would be pouring out, and Xarn went back to sleep.

Xarn creates the first Gods
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 05:52:55 am by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 12:57:22 pm »

name: elan
spheres: stick figures, hilarity, clowns, banjos, order.
personality: stupid/chaotic good.
appearance: a bard.

(get the reference?)
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 01:09:11 pm »

IN!

Name: Natus
Sphere(s): Nature, Plants, Animals, Curiosity
Personality: Curious and somewhat naive. He has a passion for creating living life. He is known to become cross with anyone who destroys or interferes with his creations. He mostly keeps to himself when there are godly matters at hand. He also enjoys imbuing creatures with intelligence and a thrist for knowledge and seeing what they create.
Appearance: Various fantasical animal forms, depending on the environment, situation and his mood.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 01:12:16 pm »

Name:Luna

Sphere(s): Night, dreams, peace, crystals

Personality: Luna is much like the attributes of her spheres. She is calm, peaceful, and easygoing. She has a whimsical imagination, and enjoys creating, or 'enacting her dreams' as she puts it. However, the night can be a frightening time and dreams can turn to nightmares, and so can she if she or her creations are threatened. She can be as hard and cold as crystals, should it prove necessary.

Appearance: When she chooses to take physical form, she appears as a lithe woman, with white, flawless skin and long white hair left to cascade down her back. She clothes herself in an elegant black dress that is spotted with shimmering stars that covers all but her feet, her hands and her head. In battle, she dons an armor made of crystal and wields a long thin sword carved from gems.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 01:33:39 pm »

Name: Coradin

Sphere(s): Art, creation, creativity, madness

Personality: Cheery and relaxed, tends not to worry. Sometimes becomes furious for no apparent reason, attacking anyone in sight.
Obsessed with creation, head always full of ideas. Sometimes launches into endless rants about these ideas, not being able to stop even if he wanted to.
Minor personality shifts also happen every now and then.

Appearance: A tall man dressed in clothing ever-shifting in colour. Sometimes appears in all-black or all-white, or takes a non-humanoid form.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 01:55:48 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 01:38:31 pm »

Name: Gheronaton
Sphere(s): War, Honour, (natural) disasters, Martial Power
Personality: War loving yet not without honour. He likes bravery and heroic deeds and loathes cowards and weaklings.
Appearance: A humanoid, wearing a full suit of bronze armor under robes of black. He has six wings and six arms and his face is obscured by a black hood- Any foolish individual who tries to directly look into his face glances nothing.. Nothing but his own secret fears.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 01:42:51 pm by Lordinquisitor »

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 01:50:41 pm »

Name: Alex
Sphere(s): ...Creation?
Personality: Likes making things.
Appearance: Goes by the form of a pie.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 02:27:14 pm »

Alright, I decided to let seven gods in, as I'm in a good mood. (Although I'd like it if some of them would get a little more.. descriptive. I'm not demanding it, though.) New gods will be put 'in stasis' in the Essence.

The birth of multiple Gods, an event rare and strange, even within the vast time and space of the void. The essence healed, a scar forming on the gap that had let the Gods be in. Xarn was pleased, as those new Gods were hurled into the emptiness. Neither light nor darkness, sound nor silence were there, and the Gods were in the middle of this, alone and with many, strong and weak. Curious was Xarn as to what they would do, and on what they would be, but for now he laid dormant, allowing the Gods to do as they wished.

You can now all your two acts.

(Oh, and just to ease it for myself; Summarize your acts like this, while you post flavor texts (which are highly recommended, as I will use those to determine some things that will happen) like this.)

Edit: I could basically also just have pointed you at how I posted it. Stupid.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 02:30:59 pm »

"roy? vaarsius? haley? where are you guys?" elan said, drifting through the void. "maybe i should ask where i am."

ask where i am, don't use an act until i discover that i'm a god now.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 02:33:00 pm »

"roy? vaarsius? haley? where are you guys?" elan said, drifting through the void. "maybe i should ask where i am."

ask where i am, don't use an act until i discover that i'm a god now.

(Now I remember where I knew that name from.. That one comic, right..? One point though: You've been born from 'The Essence', you're basically past-less.)
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2010, 02:34:45 pm »

*pouts*

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2010, 02:35:44 pm »

No problem in sharing your personality, sphere, appearance and the likes. Just the history's clean.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2010, 02:37:06 pm »

alright then. i create a world EXTREMELY similar to the one in the comic via any means necessary, if possible, if not, i create an avatar of me: banjo the clown!

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 02:38:33 pm »

I think you might want to revise the first post..

Edit: I don't want to fill the entire thread without even playing yet, so let's just wait for the other players first.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 02:41:08 pm by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2010, 02:40:02 pm »

first post?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 56