Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2210 2211 [2212] 2213 2214 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3426603 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Quickbooks? Shitbooks Edition
« Reply #33165 on: March 02, 2014, 04:15:08 pm »

Went to the grocery store, noticed my car was pulling hard to the left. Sure enough, flat tire! Note, it's 0 out before the wind chill, -20 when it's blowing.

Gas Station #1: Air hose appears to have a weak clamp on the hose so air leaks out where it and the nozzle assembly meets. Tire won't fill, hands freeze. Gas station attendant denies all responsibility for doing anything about it. Tire status: dangerously low.

Gas Station #2: Pump is just weak, period. Tire won't fill. Hands freeze. Tire status: Critical.

Gas Station #3: Finally find a pump with more air pressure than a weak fart. Spend about 10 minutes alternating between filling the tire and getting in the car to warm my hands. After 3 rounds of filling, the tire is fuller but still low. It looks like a major leak. So I limp home on it. Meanwhile, we're supposed to get major snows tomorrow or Monday.

*sigh* This is like the 3rd flat tire I've had in two years. Getting sick of this shit.
Note: tire shops (Belle Tire, Discount Tire, et al,) will fill your tires for free. Discount does a lot of stuff for free.

Doesn't do me a lot of good at 2am in the morning. (Yes, I like to do grocery shopping in the dead hours of the night.)
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33166 on: March 02, 2014, 04:23:50 pm »

Fucking sinuses!

Goddamnit... Always making weekends suck due to constant terrible feelingness.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33167 on: March 02, 2014, 04:24:09 pm »

Healed at a Pokemon Center in Lost Woodsumiose City and promptly turned off my game.
Without saving.
Shortly after gaining access to Lumiose's boutique and beating the gym.
Black lives matter.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33168 on: March 02, 2014, 04:32:34 pm »

OUCH
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33169 on: March 02, 2014, 04:35:31 pm »

Aaaand that's why I save everytime anything happens.

That includes walking out of doors.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #33170 on: March 02, 2014, 05:17:36 pm »

In a BG in WoW, Warsong Gulch Capture the Flag. Things are going reasonably well, we've gotten two caps against the Alliance's one, then, with five minutes left on the clock they cap and turtle, resulting in us being unable to get the third cap and losing the game because of the pants on head retarded tiebreaker system, which just gives the win to whichever team capped most recently.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33171 on: March 02, 2014, 05:34:01 pm »

I am sick. I have the flu or something. All my joints hurt. Everything is either too hot or too cold. Bright lights and loud noises hurt. Heck, thinking hurts. And the worst thing about it: I can't fucking sleep. I've been lying awake in my bed, trying to sleep, for at least 18 of the last 24 hours. Every time I feel like I wake up, it's only 10 minutes since I last checked the alarm clock. And there is literally nothing I can do to ease the boredom that won't make my head hurt like hell.

The other worst thing about this is that I have an exam tomorrow. I can't get enough rest, I can't study. And to top it all off, I can't unregister from the exam without doing a 3-hour commute and filling out an unregistration form in person.

GAH*coughhack*HHHHH.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33172 on: March 02, 2014, 05:43:21 pm »

I am sick. I have the flu or something. All my joints hurt. Everything is either too hot or too cold. Bright lights and loud noises hurt. Heck, thinking hurts. And the worst thing about it: I can't fucking sleep. I've been lying awake in my bed, trying to sleep, for at least 18 of the last 24 hours. Every time I feel like I wake up, it's only 10 minutes since I last checked the alarm clock. And there is literally nothing I can do to ease the boredom that won't make my head hurt like hell.

The other worst thing about this is that I have an exam tomorrow. I can't get enough rest, I can't study. And to top it all off, I can't unregister from the exam without doing a 3-hour commute and filling out an unregistration form in person.

GAH*coughhack*HHHHH.

Oh noooo.... I hope you feel better soon, Magma....
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33173 on: March 02, 2014, 05:46:41 pm »

GAH*coughhack*HHHHH.
Have you tried any drugs for it? Painkillers or fever relief or something?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #33174 on: March 02, 2014, 05:47:25 pm »

My grandpa told me morphine is the best thing in the world ever.

Just so you know.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #33175 on: March 02, 2014, 05:54:24 pm »

Which is too bad. I'd totally do morphine if I could. Grandpa never lied to me.

Although I sort of doubt his story about getting kicked out of a Salvation Army because he suspected one of the lieutenants of being lesbian.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33176 on: March 02, 2014, 06:05:02 pm »

GAH*coughhack*HHHHH.
Ibuprofen might help. It's a pain reliever and can help knock any fevers down.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #33177 on: March 02, 2014, 06:19:29 pm »

On an unrelated note: It's 2014. Why are keyboards still not beer-proof?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #33178 on: March 02, 2014, 06:21:19 pm »

They make waterproof keyboards.

Most people don't have problem with spilling booze on their precious electronics, though, so the feature isn't standard.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #33179 on: March 02, 2014, 06:33:57 pm »

On an unrelated note: It's 2014. Why are keyboards still not beer-proof?
Wrap it somewhat loosely in plastic wrap. Problem solved.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 2210 2211 [2212] 2213 2214 ... 3345